Observations from attending Sunday, 11/30/08 Vigil

This is my first time posting and I just wanted to give another grandmother's take on this. I am a 57 year old mom of one daughter. She screwed her life up big time with drugs and just would not stop. I had raised her oldest son for almost 9 years until he reached 11 years old and was old enough to take care of himself. Then she took him from me. During that time I had "Dustin" she got pregnant again and had a son "Dylan". We had him almost from the day he was born. I knew in my heart that when he turned old enought she would take him also. Then 8 days before he turned 4 years old he was diagnosed with Leukemia! He had to go through 3 years of chemo, 25 spinal taps and 15 bone marrows. She signed him up on SSI just for the money. She got $1800 back pay which we didn't know about and was getting monthly checks. She finally told me and said the reason she hadn't told me earlier was because she thought I would want the money. I let her know really fast...YOU keep the money and let me keep Dylan. My husband and I then went to an attorney because I knew sooner or later she would take him from me. All the lawyer had to do was tell her he was asking the court to do drug testing on all of us. She was married to another drug head. Well within 2 weeks she had signed papers for us to adopt Dylan. We had already got his bio dad to sign as he didn't want to pay child support.

Well now our son just turned 8 years old and is in remission. We still have to have him tested monthly for the next twenty years, and his immune system is so low that he catches everything coming and going. But we love him so much. I have had people say they don't see how we could have took him and had to go through all the medical treatments and stuff and they just don't know the pleasure it gave us. In fact, I am homeroom mom to a second grader at the age of 57.

I guess the moral of my story and why I feel so strong against the Anthonys is because they should have stepped in long ago and took that child if they really thought she needed them. And now to stand behind their daughter who they have to know killed her because she was in her way. If I even had one idea in my mind that my daughter was mistreating either of her sons I would have turned her in so fast it would have made her head spin. And I would turn away from her and never look back, especially if she had murdered her child. A grandchild is a precious gift to a grandparent. They require nothing but absolute love from that grandparent. And that grandparent should put that child first whenever the need should arrise. I hope and pray that someday Casey has to pay for what she has done and that she never has another child. No one to give her the unconditional love that Caylee gave her. And I hope Casey's parents see Caylee's face every time they look at their murdering child and wonder if she cried for them at the end. I wrote a poem a while back about what I think happened to Caylee and I hope you guys don't mind that I'm putting it on here. I just love my little guy so much I would give my life in a heartbeat for him, certainly never take from him. I fight every day just to make sure he is healthy and happy and get scared too death sometimes that something will happen and I won't have him forever but it certainly won't be for lack of love.

LOVE THROUGH THE EYES OF A CHILD

MOMMY I CAN'T SEE YOU WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES
AND THE RAG ON MY FACE MADE IT HARD NOT TO CRY
I TRIED TO BE GOOD AND STAY OUT OF YOUR WAY
SO YOU COULD VISIT THE MEN THAT YOU LOVED EVERY DAY
MOMMY PLEASE JUST DON'T PUT ME IN THAT DARK OLD PLACE
IT'S HARD TO BREATHE WITH THAT RAG ON MY FACE
SOMETIMES I GET SICK AND I CRY ALL ALONE
I COULD CALL GOD IF I JUST HAD A PHONE
HE WOULDN'T LEAVE ME, HE'D STAY RIGHT HERE
AND WITH HIM HOLDING MY HAND I WOULDN'T FEEL ANY FEAR
MOMMY I LOVE YOU WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME
YOU'RE NOT A NICE MOMMY WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO BE
I CAN HEAR YOU COMING TO OPEN THE TRUNK
I SMELL THE SMELL AND I KNOW YOU ARE DRUNK
I MAY BE INSIDE BUT MY SOUL IS NOT HERE
IT HAS GONE TO A PLACE WHERE THERE WILL BE NO MORE FEAR
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID AND YOU KNOW, I DON'T MIND
I'M IN HEAVEN NOW AND EVERYONE'S KIND
I GLOW FROM THE LOVE THAT COMES FROM THE HEART
WE CAN'T BE TOGETHER, WE WILL JUST BE APART
BUT WHILE YOU ARE THINKING OF THE LIES YOU WILL TELL
JUST REMEMBER MOMMY YOU WILL END UP IN HELL!

:eek: Chills :eek:

I'm glad to hear your son is in remission.

To Angelfire - tears are in my eyes and I don't know what to say but God bless you and your family. The world needs more people like you.

To Angelfire - tears are in my eyes and I don't know what to say but God bless you and your family. The world needs more people like you.

Cindy - this is how a true, loving grandmother talks and acts!! Please take note-your version is not working!!
Bless you Angelfire!!:blowkiss:

To Angelfire--God bless you and thank you for sharing with us. Cindy needs to sit with you a while and take note of what it means to be a truly loving, caring grandparent--AND parent.

God Bless you Angelfire and welcome to WS. I will be praying for you and your precious son.

My sympathy was with the Anthony family right up until Cindy refused to give Texas Equusearch some article of clothing belonging to Caylee, something that would help searchers who had traveled in some instances thousands of miles to help search for her granddaughter. That action of refusal seemed so unreasonable, so inexplicable, so obstructive, that it made no sense and made me think perhaps Cindy wasn't grieving at all.

Since then, mostly in the last week or so, I see her suffering. I see her coming to terms with the truth about her granddaughter's death at the hand of KC. And now I wonder what she'll do next. Should she hold a presser and say "I've changed my mind. I now believe my daughter Casey killed Caylee. I understand what a liar my daughter is and how much she's hurt the rest of my family, and I'm sorry for insisting all of this time that Caylee is alive." No! What can she say after ignoring reality for so long? Pride alone will not allow her to admit that she raised a killer.

I will not and do not hate her. She's in a bad place right now for so many reasons. I want her to come to a quiet truth within herself. She doesn't need to share it with us in a public way (or ANY way for that matter), but she does need to stop the lies and her insistence that Caylee is alive. She needs to admit to herself that Caylee died at the hands of KC. That's a tough place to be, and I wish her the best in dealing with that.

The remark made about WSers and how they would celebrate the demise of Cindy was wrong and hurtful to say. I think WSers are a tough group, but no one longs for Cindy's death nor would anyone celebrate it. We just want Cindy to open her eyes to the truth. That's all anyone is asking. Plain and simple.

ts

Wow. This is one of the best posts I've ever read. Thank you, TruthSleuth!

Angelfire and AKSleuth, you've reduced me to a mushy pile of tears today. I'm in awe of both of you. You sound like truly amazing people. I'm honored to be able to read your posts. May God bless you both!

Aksleuth, thanks so much for your reply. I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I know the fear and heartbreak of just living with something like this can be so hard. It seems sometimes like you never take a deep breath. I am so very thankful for having my little guy. I can't imagine the pain you have went through. I think about someone like Casey Anthony who could just throw their child away like a piece of garbage and it makes me so mad! Please know if you ever want to talk, just let me know. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Angelfire's post was so terrific. It was very interesting to hear what another grandparent experienced with her daughter's addiction and life. It is good to know that the ADULTS must stand up for the helpless children of the world. In my opinion CA needs, must do the right thing by her granddaughter. She must help find her body, she must support the efforts of law enforcement and TES and LP. As horrible as it is to have to turn against one's daughter, it is ten times worse what happened to her granddaughter, her own flesh and blood. At least Casey will live on, Caylee was not given that option. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back