Observations of a newby

My home is not like the Ramseys home,it would take me all of 10 mins to search,but if my daughter was kidnapped i would be knocking on our closest neighbours doors to ask if they heard or seen anything, I wouldnt be ringing friends from miles away and saying come on over.

I think this is the area where we have to be careful,when trying to analyze how the Ramsey's reacted on 12/26.

Aside from something very obviously suspicious, we cannot go by what WE would do.Everyone is different,and it's always easier to talk about what WE would have done,when we're writing about it in the comfort of our easy chairs in front of a computer,and not in the crazy emotional moment of 12/26,when no one knew what the heck was going on. Maybe some of us would have acted level headed and did everything right.maybe some of us wouldn't. Nobody knows.

capps said:
I think this is the area where we have to be careful,when trying to analyze how the Ramsey's reacted on 12/26.

Aside from something very obviously suspicious, we cannot go by what WE would do.Everyone is different,and it's always easier to talk about what WE would have done,when we're writing about it in the comfort of our easy chairs in front of a computer,and not in the crazy emotional moment of 12/26,when no one knew what the heck was going on. Maybe some of us would have acted level headed and did everything right.maybe some of us wouldn't. Nobody knows.

Wellll, this is an opinion forum, therefore carefulness is not an option as to HOW we feel and do things. When most everyone is sad, they cry, even men. When people are hungry they find something to eat. When people are dirty they try to find a tub or shower. When people are happy, they often smile or even laugh out loud.

Some things that people do are pretty basic and common. From that personal view to speculate on how they do stuff, versus how a person who lived in the house where a murder was committed does or did things, is up for grabs. We will not be asked to testify in a criminal hearing about their guilt, and WE have zero forensic evidence to base our personal thoughts on.

To look or not to search could be a mute point, imop, BUT to NOT read the ENTIRE ransom note is highly suspect in my view. Keep in mind that JR went on his own to the basement, was he looking, or just re arranging the deck chairs?

Rupert said:
Fleet White did look into the cellar, but saw nothing.
No Rupert, you mean -

Fleet White did look into the cellar, but SAID he saw nothing.

luvbeaches said:
The one thing that happened that made me not believe a word out of the R's mouth was the ransome note, and the tea party they had that morning. I guess they weren't worried about their little girl being "beheaded" if they talk to a stray dog....That was a HUH moment for me.
this bothered me too. Its hard to think about what you would do in that situation. I think the first thing I would do IS call 911 BUT I would tell them on that call what the note said about calling anyone. I guess I would have thought maybe the police could come in one unmarked police car, and park down a ways or in an unconspicuous spot just in case there was someone watching. As for the breakfast club that came to take in the commotion, they would never have been summoned at all. I definately would have been a bit more concerned about that call coming in and having the funds ready.

Another thing that I just cannot get over is Patsy's shirt. Why in the world would ANY woman who had clothes at their disposal put on the same shirt that she wore the night before? This woman cared about appearance and hygiene. If it were so important for her to wear a red shirt on that day also, I am more than certain she could have found another one in her closet or at her local mall.

WHAT IN THE WORLD COULD POSSIBLY GONE ON THERE is a complete puzzle to me, but there is no doubt in my mind that a R did it. What sort of crazy says "foreign faction" or any of those other things?

armywife210 said:
this bothered me too. Its hard to think about what you would do in that situation. I think the first thing I would do IS call 911 BUT I would tell them on that call what the note said about calling anyone. I guess I would have thought maybe the police could come in one unmarked police car, and park down a ways or in an unconspicuous spot just in case there was someone watching. As for the breakfast club that came to take in the commotion, they would never have been summoned at all. I definately would have been a bit more concerned about that call coming in and having the funds ready.
But you do have time to think about what you would do. PR did not. I don't like to relate my reactions and apply it the R's so take this as you will.

One time while looking at clothes in a mall I turned to find my 5 year old missing from behind me. With a quick search of the surrounding area I found nothing. I became paniced and the search became a frenzy shouting for my wife who was a short distance away. The screaming attracted store employee's who quickly stoped me and made me calm down and tell them the last place I saw him. They found him sitting and playing with a hanger inside a rack of coats just behind the one I was looking at. Still can not believe he could not hear me shouting his name. This took all of maybe 5 mins.
The point is I never felt that level of panic before. Terrified and losing contorl. Now when I replay it in my mind I can think about what I should have done. (Should of never let him out of the cart.) I can't imagine the level of panic that would go through your mind as you realize someone has kidnapped your child.
I can't predict how that panic would make the R's react but I sure know it can effect your reactions.
armywife210 said:
Another thing that I just cannot get over is Patsy's shirt. Why in the world would ANY woman who had clothes at their disposal put on the same shirt that she wore the night before? This woman cared about appearance and hygiene. If it were so important for her to wear a red shirt on that day also, I am more than certain she could have found another one in her closet or at her local mall.
With that being said why would any woman who had clothes at her disposal not change them if she was trying to cover up the murder of her daughter? Especially considering JR was not wearing the same clothes and apparently took a shower that morning. Should of gave PR the idea to change don't you think?

armywife210 said:
WHAT IN THE WORLD COULD POSSIBLY GONE ON THERE is a complete puzzle to me, but there is no doubt in my mind that a R did it. What sort of crazy says "foreign faction" or any of those other things?
With that being said why do you think that a intruder would not write those "crazy things" yet a R would? Wouldn't you think an R trying to cover up the murder of their daughter would be more likely to write a very generic RN?
Maybe this intruder also had a degree in jounalism or at least a college education with some solid reading.

Just wondering why there's "no doubt in your mind" about a murder case thats full of so many strange angles and little facts?

dingo said:
My home is not like the Ramseys home,it would take me all of 10 mins to search,but if my daughter was kidnapped i would be knocking on our closest neighbours doors to ask if they heard or seen anything, I wouldnt be ringing friends from miles away and saying come on over.
Dingo, I don't know if any of us can really tell what they would do in such a case. As for me, I can only say how surprised I have been in the past about my own reaction in extremely stressful situations. It was all different than from what I expected it to be. It takes forever to sink into your mind what has just happened and then you still find things going through your head you never would have thought about before.

Just remember that Tori Amos song she made about her own rape, where she keeps thinking "I haven't seen Barbados so I must get ouf of this" while the rape occurs. One would think that a person must have other things on her mind in such a horrible situation, wouldn't you?

Wuschel

In that stuation, I would *think* that you would be so desperately clinging to hope that you would search every inch of your home and surrounding areas.

My father had a massive stroke 4 years ago and the things I have considered to get him walking and talking again border on the downright ridiculous.

capps said:
The way JR carried JBR up the stairs bothers me. He said its because he wanted to save his baby, ect ect. A kind of loving father thing. BUT a loving father IMO would have cradled the body and not held her around the waist apart from his own body.

Welcome Leve,

The man was in unspeakable agony and shock. He wasn't thinking about how to preserve a crime scene...
John Ramsey is an intelligent, educated businessman who seems well in control of his emotions. I do not believe for one moment that he didn't realize that he needed to preserve the scene to aid the police in catching the real murderers. IMO, he intentionally contaminated the scene.

What does John Ramsey being an intelligent,educated businessman ... have to do with emotions of finding your 6 yr. old strangled daughter in the cellar?

That connection doesn't make sense to me at all.

nanandjim said:
John Ramsey is an intelligent, educated businessman who seems well in control of his emotions. I do not believe for one moment that he didn't realize that he needed to preserve the scene to aid the police in catching the real murderers. IMO, he intentionally contaminated the scene.
I think you miss the point here.

If JR wanted and planned to contaminate the crime scene he would have found JBR's body long before he did.
He could not risk the police being in the home for 8 hours and not finding the body. He could not risk it for 10 minutes.

JR could not count on the police letting anyone stay in the home once they arrived. For all he knew everyone could of been asked to leave.
So by calling the police JR was losing control of the situation. Not gaining an advantage.

John didn't phone the police, Patsy did.
They had to make that call at some stage, why not at 6 oclock in the morning?
Why put off the inevitable??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back