OCSO Blasts Anthonys for New 'Sighting' Pic / All Sighting Information #2

Let me get this straight.....

they know this isn't Caylee BUT they still want the child's family to come forward anyway????

~snipped~

That's exactly the way I understand it. Sickening.

Hair that simply falls out of or is pulled out of someone's head doesn't show decomp. The hair in question was already on a decomposing body when it fell out. This is why it showed decomp. The body was already dead.

I absolutely agree, the hair came from a dead body. But the issue will be the conflicting testimony from the "experts" and as you have seen many times on here the skeptism about whether you can really tell a hair came from a dead body. It is not as commonly know or accepted by the public like fingerprints and DNA are.

According the reporters this type of hair evidence has not been used in any other trials (usually they can prove death in no body cases through the amount of blood loss and DNA identification from the blood). That is why I was saying defense will argue most adamantly about excluding this piece of evidence.

Hair that simply falls out of or is pulled out of someone's head doesn't show decomp. The hair in question was already on a decomposing body when it fell out. This is why it showed decomp. The body was already dead.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts! I was thinking that there shouldn't be any signs of decomp in everyone's home. From the way I understand it, this hair in the trunk has a death band on it that only occurs after death (this was said by Kobi before being hired by the defense). The hair can not specifically be indentified as being Caylee (using mtDNA) but it does come from the same maternal lineage as Casey....with Cindy, Lee, and Casey still being alive and breathing that only leaves precious Caylee (process of elimination).

LOL I would expect it coming from a defense attorney. It also sounds like an answer that would be given by Kobi on NG who works for the defense team in this case. Sadly, you just can't trust some people not to spin the facts to suit their positions.

Typical defense atty spin SS. You are right! How many times did we hear this stuff from Geragos in the Peterson case? LOL :crazy:

I absolutely agree, the hair came from a dead body. But the issue will be the conflicting testimony from the "experts" and as you have seen many times on here the skeptism about whether you can really tell a hair came from a dead body. It is not as commonly know or accepted by the public like fingerprints and DNA are.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts! I was thinking that there shouldn't be any signs of decomp in everyone's home. From the way I understand it, this hair in the trunk has a death band on it that only occurs after death (this was said by Kobi before being hired by the defense). The hair can not specifically be indentified as being Caylee (using mtDNA) but it does come from the same maternal lineage as Casey....with Cindy, Lee, and Casey still being alive and breathing that only leaves precious Caylee (process of elimination).

To me it's logical. If hair decomposes if it falls out of your head while brushing your hair, 2 things would happen:

1. Everyone would be familiar with the smell of decomp
2. We'd all have some stinkified hairbrushes.

Easy to test. Pull some hair out of your head with skin tags left on the end and leave it to the side and don't touch it. What happens to the skin tags?

Same principle: Slice a piece of skin off the very end of your finger. We've all done it cutting something. Put that slice of skin in a dish. Does it decompose, as a dead body would with all the bacteria that a dead body develops, or just dry up?

And yes, I've tried it. Curiosity, cat and all that.

If I were on the jury it sure would create reasonable doubt in my mind, especially since they have no body. I'm just very hopeful that Orange County actually has something of substance that they haven't released yet. They must in order to make such a definitive statement about Caylee no longer being alive. I'm hoping that the clothing and bones dug up in Greenwood are just that evidence.

Reasonable doubt?
Didn't the cadaver dog also hit on this trunk? Weren't there also air samples? Wasn't this evidence, including that of the hair, collected AFTER the A's cleaned the car and the pants thoroughly? Intense cleaning and they still found evidence of death.
Wasn't there chloroform found in the trunk and searches of making it on KC's computer? Do we know what the stain is composed of yet? Haven't dead squirrels been ruled out? How is the overwhelming stench of decomposition that exists to this day and been identified by so many people, been explained?
What about the 31 days? The timeline? The lying, stealing and fabricating fake nannies? What about the partying and the emotionaless mother?
Reasonable doubt? What other possible explanation is there?

To me it's logical. If hair decomposes if it falls out of your head while brushing your hair, 2 things would happen:

1. Everyone would be familiar with the smell of decomp
2. We'd all have some stinkified hairbrushes.

Easy to test. Pull some hair out of your head with skin tags left on the end and leave it to the side and don't touch it. What happens to the skin tags?

Same principle: Slice a piece of skin off the very end of your finger. We've all done it cutting something. Put that slice of skin in a dish. Does it decompose, as a dead body would with all the bacteria that a dead body develops, or just dry up?

And yes, I've tried it. Curiosity, cat and all that.

The odds of seating 12 jurors that are up to date with current forensic technology or your level of curiousity are really not great.

I personally believe the hair came from a corpse, but I believe the reasoning with people who accept is that it is the hair follicle that decomposes after it comes out of a live head and that hair follicle decomposing is not going to create the decomposing odor you are suggesting would be in the hair brush.

As far as skin drying up versus decomposing, yes I agree with that and am surmising you are comparing the skin to the hair follicle from a live person? That it would just dry up as well? I am curious with your analogy though, how much tissue does it require for decomp to occur? If you cut off a limb it would certainly go through decomp, I wonder if it is depending on the the amount of cells dying from lack of oxygen?

Let me get this straight.....

they know this isn't Caylee BUT they still want the child's family to come forward anyway????

Maybe they should spend their time looking for CAYLEE & stop wasting time wondering about children who AREN'T Caylee.

I'd like to know WHO took the picture & I sure hope the photographer contacted LE to verify it was an honest 'tip' & was not actually taken by someone known by the Anthonys.

I'd tell them it's none of their fricking business who this child is and to take a hike. :eek: This whole family should be locked up in a psych ward.

If I were on the jury it sure would create reasonable doubt in my mind, especially since they have no body. I'm just very hopeful that Orange County actually has something of substance that they haven't released yet. They must in order to make such a definitive statement about Caylee no longer being alive. I'm hoping that the clothing and bones dug up in Greenwood are just that evidence.

But it's MORE THAN just a single hair with a death band that matches some dead person related to Cindy's side of the family.

Casey tells her friend her car smells of death.

Cindy tells 911 her car smells of death.

George says her car smells of death.

Cadaver dogs hit on the backyard AND car... confirming HUMAN decomp

There's just a whole pile of evidence AND zero interest by the mother as far as finding this baby alive before she is harmed.

I wouldn't be in a rush to find my dead baby either.... that's the ONLY sensible thing Casey has done ever since she removed Caylee from her parent's home.

Unless some stranger killed one of Cindy's relatives & snuck the body into Casey's truck.... just to frame the poor mother of the year? lol

Any OTHER relatives they are NOT searching for? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think a hair with traces of decomposing tissue on it could be found at anyone's home. I think it's tough for the prosecution to say that Caylee is dead because they don't have a body or even clothing. If they can't definitively say she is dead then how can they say Casey killed her? The prosecution has got their work cut out for them, that is unless they have something that hasn't been made public yet...

:eek: If for some odd reason I was told that a hair with traces of decomposing tissue was found in my house, I would FREAK OUT since to my knowledge there has never been a dead body here! :) IMO, the prosecution has plenty that has not been made public, I think the defense has it's work cut out for them. Casey may avoid the DP, if they don't find Caylee's body, but LWOP in a system where even inmates despise baby killers would be just fine. She may find herself wishing for the DP. :behindbar

I think Casey may get convicted on the fact that her mother, her father, her brother, the police, and several forensic scientists all smelled decomposition in the trunk of the car that was in Casey’s possession. That fact remains undisputed, even without the supporting evidence relating to death bands, decomp stains, and the absurd inconsistencies in her family's sworn statements. If I was the prosecutor, I'd request that the jury be taken to the car to smell it for themselves.

The defendant told a series of lies relating to her daughter's whereabouts that involve a person who does not exist ‘stealing’ her for reasons unknown. She was never even reported missing, let alone kidnapped.

I think the common sense factor will come into play with a jury and to avoid conviction, Casey will have to either produce her daughter, or prove that someone took her. She’s unable to do either.

The odds of seating 12 jurors that are up to date with current forensic technology or your level of curiousity are really not great.

True- but I can dream.

I personally believe the hair came from a corpse, but I believe the reasoning with people who accept is that it is the hair follicle that decomposes after it comes out of a live head and that hair follicle decomposing is not going to create the decomposing odor you are suggesting would be in the hair brush.

I would think it depends on how often you wash your hairbrush.

As far as skin drying up versus decomposing, yes I agree with that and am surmising you are comparing the skin to the hair follicle from a live person? That it would just dry up as well?

Yes. Pulling out a hair from your head, or cutting a piece of skin off.

I am curious with your analogy though, how much tissue does it require for decomp to occur? If you cut off a limb it would certainly go through decomp, I wonder if it is depending on the the amount of cells dying from lack of oxygen?

Have you ever cut a finger and had a piece of skin kind of hanging there? Can't pull it off because it would hurt. So you either leave it until it's dead enough so you can pull it off without hurting, or you cut it off. The piece you cut off will continue to die, and dry up.

How much tissue would it take before decomp occurs? I don't know. I guess it would depend on the bacteria that starts setting in. Does a piece of skin show what is it - putrecene or cadavarine or one of the other compounds that develop after death?

I don't know. Makes me wish I went into forensics when I was a youngun.

FWIW - It will all boil down to the "battle of the experts," and who winds up most convincing to those jurors when asked the ultimate questions:

In your expert opinion, was there a deceased body in that trunk? - expect testimony about hair recovered from truck that exhibited elements of decomposition.

In your expert opinion, having analyzed the hair from that trunk, whose body could that hair have come from? - expect testimony re: the DNA analysis and conclusion that it came from the head of one of Casey's family members.

In your expert opinion, and since Casey and all members of her family, except for Caylee, are alive, well and accounted for, was the deceased body that of Caylee Anthony? - expect testimony about how all other possibilities for the hair to be eliminated because the people are still alive.

So who's the only member of Casey's family unaccounted for? Caylee.
I doubt even the least educated juror will have difficulty following this simple process of elimination.

I add that all of the foregoing could be made much simpler IF they had the ability to do the nuclear DNA and compare it against Caylee's paternity testing results.

Isn't it incredible that someone cleaned that car so incredibly well that only one single hair was left? That sounds like frenzied cleaning to me! Anyone care to take a guess?

Lol.

True- but I can dream.

I would think it depends on how often you wash your hairbrush.

Yes. Pulling out a hair from your head, or cutting a piece of skin off.

Have you ever cut a finger and had a piece of skin kind of hanging there? Can't pull it off because it would hurt. So you either leave it until it's dead enough so you can pull it off without hurting, or you cut it off. The piece you cut off will continue to die, and dry up.

How much tissue would it take before decomp occurs? I don't know. I guess it would depend on the bacteria that starts setting in. Does a piece of skin show what is it - putrecene or cadavarine or one of the other compounds that develop after death?

I don't know. Makes me wish I went into forensics when I was a youngun.

From my understanding, the "decomposition" found in the hair was the "banding", which forms on the hair and occurs after death, not actual "tissue".

Now, this mitochondrial (from the Maternal Mothers) DNA, found in the hair, had to come from a dead Anthony female ( Cindy, her Mother, Casey...Cindys Grandmother), AFTER death

...so, how many dead Anthony Women have been hanging in Caseys trunk? ;)

*A hair strand found near the left side of the trunk liner showed signs of decomposition. This is detected by the hair's "postmortem banding," or the appearance of an opaque microscopic band near the root of hairs from a decomposing body.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey2508oct25,0,5047582.story

http://www.wftv.com/news/18032990/detail.html#-

Scroll down to story entitled:

GROUP RELEASES "CAYLEE SIGHTING" PHOTO

~ snip ~

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office blasted the Anthonys after the release of that picture.

~ snip ~

The Sheriff’s Office went on to say that it’s sad that the Anthonys, “can’t look at that picture and tell that it is not their grandchild.”

~ snip ~

The statement also said it’s a shame that innocent children’s pictures are being released as tips.

I'm looking for the full statement from OCSO. If anybody has a link to it, please post? Thanks!

There was also more than one existing thread I found where this might go, but I wasn't sure which would be most appropriate. If anybody knows where it should go, please let me know, and I'll request a merge. Thanks!

ETA: added link

How very sad that the sheriff's office feels the need to act in such a petty way.

The woman who snapped the photo really thought there was a chance the child was Caylee. She was so sure that the possibility existed that she started calling LE to try to get them to respond to the scene, or at LEAST to look at the photo. LE declined. At that point, she sent the photo to the PI who is working with the Anthony's.

And to be honest, the Anthony's NEVER said the child WAS Caylee. They, through their spokesperson, said all they want is for LE to check out leads that people phone in.

After LE was so uncooperative with the "witness" who called in the possible sighting, it is a crock for them to turn around and take stabs at the grandparents of a missing child........and, btw, I'm sure LE realizes that if they'd just have looked at the photo when the woman asked them to, it would NEVER have been released to the public.

While LE may be convinced Caylee is dead, the Anthony's aren't. What we see as "wasting time" they may well see as "the only chance Caylee has." What some of us may see as "deliberately releasing the photo of an innocent child" George and Cindy may see as "our only chance to have other people look for this little girl so we can rule her in or out."

How very sad that the sheriff's office feels the need to act in such a petty way.

The woman who snapped the photo really thought there was a chance the child was Caylee. She was so sure that the possibility existed that she started calling LE to try to get them to respond to the scene, or at LEAST to look at the photo. LE declined. At that point, she sent the photo to the PI who is working with the Anthony's.

And to be honest, the Anthony's NEVER said the child WAS Caylee. They, through their spokesperson, said all they want is for LE to check out leads that people phone in.

After LE was so uncooperative with the "witness" who called in the possible sighting, it is a crock for them to turn around and take stabs at the grandparents of a missing child........and, btw, I'm sure LE realizes that if they'd just have looked at the photo when the woman asked them to, it would NEVER have been released to the public.

While LE may be convinced Caylee is dead, the Anthony's aren't. What we see as "wasting time" they may well see as "the only chance Caylee has." What some of us may see as "deliberately releasing the photo of an innocent child" George and Cindy may see as "our only chance to have other people look for this little girl so we can rule her in or out."

The LE only has so many resources and so much time. They are serving an entire county full of people. Life hasn't just happened to the Anthony's. The Sheriff's office is not there to make sure the Anthony's feel like the case is being handled to their satisfaction. I have dealt with a murder case and not feeling like LE is doing what the family wants. Rest assured they will let you know that is not their primary job.

LE's job was to solve the case. They have determined Caylee is dead at Casey's hands. The prosecuter's office felt they had enough evidence to present it to a grand jury which returned a true bill for capital crimes. Other than testifying at her trial their job is really done. They have said they will resume searching when they have a credible tip on where to search. The only way a credible tip is coming in is if one of the Anthony's suddenly confesses to knowing where the body is.

OSCO has to triage calls and priorities every hour and I am comfortable with their decision that their resources can be better spent on other cases instead of chasing down birth certificates and photo albums for every brunette three year old with her hair in a ponytail spotted in Florida. JMO

The LE only has so many resources and so much time. They are serving an entire county full of people. Life hasn't just happened to the Anthony's. The Sheriff's office is not there to make sure the Anthony's feel like the case is being handled to their satisfaction. I have dealt with a murder case and not feeling like LE is doing what the family wants. Rest assured they will let you know that is not their primary job.

LE's job was to solve the case. They have determined Caylee is dead at Casey's hands. The prosecutor's office felt they had enough evidence to present it to a grand jury which returned a true bill for capital crimes. Other than testifying at her trial their job is really done. They have said they will resume searching when they have a credible tip on where to search. The only way a credible tip is coming in is if one of the Anthony's suddenly confesses to knowing where the body is.

OSCO has to triage calls and priorities every hour and I am comfortable with their decision that their resources can be better spent on other cases instead of chasing down birth certificates and photo albums for every brunette three year old with her hair in a ponytail spotted in Florida. JMO

Oh, I certainly agree with your take on LE's position. I get uncomfortable, however, when LE refuses to respond to the calls of the citizens it is charged with protecting. The woman who snapped that photo tried without success to just get someone to come LOOK at the child....a child that she was convinced was Caylee. A real living child: not a photo album or a piece of paper.

I do understand the Anthony's hanging onto the admittedly extremely slight chance that Caylee is alive, I don't know but that I *might* do the same in their shoes. I believe the whole blowup about the photo is birthed from the exquisite frustration the Anthony's have that NO ONE is looking for a "live Caylee" except for them. If they believe there is one chance in a billion that she is alive, and I am sure that they are hanging on to every "probably" and "could be" that they can find, then they cannot understand LE's refusal to respond to tips. It must really feel like they are the only chance Caylee has.

For a long time, the Anthony's were criticized because they seemed to be the only ones getting tips on Caylee sightings: people speculated that they were making the tips up just to complicate prosecution's case. But now we are finding out that LE has refused to respond, and at least ONE (if not more) citizen was so horrified that she did a web search to find what PI was working on looking for Caylee, and she went to the trouble to contact him.

Oh, and maybe leave the annoyed & annoying facial expressions at home also. She looked totally bored by the whole thing..... like it was an effort to even be there.

And frankly, if she's just going to sell us the Anthony theories, I'd rather hear it from the Anthonys.... at least I can understand why THEY aren't ready to face reality.

Hearing these theories & spin from anyone who is NOT related to Casey is just plain disgusting because IF she believes what she's saying, she's whacked out & if she doesn't believe what she's saying.... she's a big, fat liar who has no scruples.

She admits she knows nothing about dealing with a missing child. You would think she would know that a siting of a child on play equipment in October would no leave fingerprints that could be retrieved a month later. She's believing Cindy and we all know what that leads to

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back