OFF TOPIC Chit-Chat

Help me please. I'm trying to recall another Oklahoma double murder which occurred on a county line road. That time the victims were shot on opposite sides of the road. It was about ten years (give or take) ago and I don't even remember which counties, but I think they weren't terribly far from Tulsa. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Help me please. I'm trying to recall another Oklahoma double murder which occurred on a county line road. That time the victims were shot on opposite sides of the road. It was about ten years (give or take) ago and I don't even remember which counties, but I think they weren't terribly far from Tulsa. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Was it the girlscouts?

http://www.koco.com/news/16648564/detail.html

Weleetka Slayings Evoke Girl Scout Murders

LOCUST GROVE, Okla. -- The slayings of two girls found along a rural Oklahoma road is bringing back memories of three Girl Scouts, killed at camp more than three decades ago.
VIDEO: Weleetka Killings Spur Sad Memories
Doris Denise Miller, Michele Guse and Lori Farmer were killed in their tent at a camp near Locust Grove in June 1977. The case remains open and DNA taken from the scene last year has not proved helpful to investigators.

Ah, after reading they were killed in tents not on road, sorry 'bout that.

Would this website on Oklahoma coldcases and unsolved crimes help?

http://coldcaseok.com/

Thank you for that website. Very interesting cases there and I want to read the whole site.

In the county line shooting I'm thinking of, I know there were trials (or at least one) but I'm not sure there was a clear resolution.

It seems like it was the property owner who shot the guys.

Ok peeps say a prayer for me .. I have a call back interview on Mon for this job !! To work with a computer system that monitors Felons and Sexual Predators.

Ok peeps say a prayer for me .. I have a call back interview on Mon for this job !! To work with a computer system that monitors Felons and Sexual Predators.
Wishing you loads of luck GS!

Pray for you? you bet! I sure hope you get this GetSmart. Let us know please! I am also excited for you and proud of my fellow websleuther!:clap:

GetSmart:

Add my prayers and good wishes to the list!!!!
May I ask what kind of degree or training is needed for this type of position?

Thank you for the suggestion.

I finally found it in the Tulsa World archives. Michael Erikson shot Tony McCollum and Fred Head in 1992. It was the Payne-Pawnee county line. Tony was dead in Pawnee county and Fred was smack in the middle of the road.

Well I do think we should take a look at these cold cases as there are so many missing and unsolved homicides in Oklahoma.

I totally agree with you.

repeating your link:

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Investigative/Unsolved_Cases/

White Ford Pickup truck mentioned here. Yes, we need tohave a good look at all the unsolved crimes and missing people. You just never know where a clue could come from.

Leonard Dirickson, 39 years old, was reported missing from his home near Cheyenne, Oklahoma on March 14, 1998. He was last seen in a White Ford Pickup truck with a yellow tag on the front. The pickup was driven by an unidentified white male with a full, reddish-brown beard. The two left Dirickson’s house heading for Mobeetie, Texas. Dirickson is 6'1", about 230 pounds, has a distinctive handlebar moustache. He was wearing green jeans and a faded black coat with a hood when he disappeared. A massive air and ground search was conducted with no results. Some reports indicate he may have been seen some months later in a bar in Amarillo, Texas. A lengthy investigation has been conducted to locate the unidentified driver and to gather and follow leads.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Investigative/Unsolved_Cases/

On Friday, May 29, 1992, 22-year-old Wendy Camp, her daughter 6-year-old Cynthia Britto, and Camp’s sister-in-law, 23-year-old Lisa Kregear disappeared after visiting Camp’s son in Shamrock, Oklahoma. Camp’s husband said Wendy called him during the afternoon of May 29, 1992. Camp said she was calling from a pay phone in Shamrock, and was on her way home. None of the three has been seen or heard from since. The Oklahoma City Police Department requested OSBI assistance.Jackie Wayne Urich, a white male, date of birth 3/25/58, was last seen on July 9, 1998. On July 21, 1998, Urich’s red Ford Ranger pickup, with Oklahoma tag AIM 964 was found wrecked near Coleman Road, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma. No information exists concerning the possible sale or loan of the vehicle to any other person. Witnesses reported seeing a white male and two white females near the vehicle before and after the wreck. These three unidentified individuals were given a ride away from the accident scene. To date, Urich has not been located and the three individuals have not been identified.On February 4, 1991, about 6:00 in the evening, 21 year old Robert Austin Owens was found dead in the living room of his family's rural Healdton, Oklahoma home. Owens had been shot once in the right chest area but the Medical Examiner ruled the cause of death was a single gunshot wound to the head. The murder weapon was lying beside the body. The house appeared to have been ransacked, although there were no signs of forced entry to the doors or windows. Investigators believe the only items taken during the crime were four older .22 caliber rifles. Owens was last seen about 7:00 a.m. as he left home to attend a local junior college.

I see that these cases are mostly from the 1990's. Where can I find current crimes and/or unsolved from 2000-2008?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back