OFF TOPIC Chit-Chat

Dogs can and do sense things, imo. Poor Twinkles. It sounds like her experience was definitely not a pleasant one. Perhaps she ran into one who wasn't a "dog person" and it doesn't surprise me those things began after she passed.

You did a fine job, Wfgodot! Nice way to work it into the thread. LOL

Dogs can and do sense things, imo. Poor Twinkles. It sounds like her experience was definitely not a pleasant one. Perhaps she ran into one who wasn't a "dog person" and it doesn't surprise me those things began after she passed.

You did a fine job, Wfgodot! Nice way to work it into the thread. LOL

Actually, while Twinkles may have kept the spirits--who were never threatening, just sort of, well, disturbing, at bay during her brief time there, the house, we found, was reputed to be haunted before we moved in. The old family doctor, who still made housecalls and who'd lived in town forever, asked my folks, "Well, have you seen the ghost of Angell Matthewson yet?", which was our first clue. A family who lived there after us, according to local scuttlebutt, moved expressly because of the haunting.

I wish this had something to do with helping to solve the case of the Weleetka girls.

Off Topic: I had a dog who only did that neat trick knowing I was on a date! His payback was to bring all of my "unmentionables" and pile them on the sofa!! Try to explain that one away!! "My dog did it!" ; "I never leave those laying around, I swear!" ; "He is jealous and wants you to hate me for being a slob." Hahahaha~ (The last was the truest statement, imo.)

Sorry this is O/T also, but I have to jump in here and agree! They do have a sense about them and can use it to their advantage! Just yesterday, my S/O and I were looking out the window watching my 7 dogs play in the dogyard. They were really into their game of Tug-o-war when he asked, what are they playing with?? Nothing like seeing 7 dogs playing Tug-O-War with your bra in the backyard, where all the neighbors could also see! Reminder to self: do not put the pile of dirty laundry by the doggie door!!!:bang:

Just alittle FYI
One of girls (Doris Milner) killed in the Girl Scout murders, her mother and father
Walter Milner JR. and Betty Moten Milner was from Weleetka.

Some similarities in Weleetka's murders and the Locust Grove Girl Scout murders..
mainly unsolved - no steps were taken to conceal the murders - suggesting more than one killer - both in the month of June - both left under a tree along side a dirt road -
both POI's Indian 35 with long hair - the overkill -
Weleetka's (You'll never catch me) and Locust Grove (The killer was here) days later.
In both investigations leads took them to Seminole, OK. ?? -
The announcement of the 30 yr DNA on GLH was made the same week the Weleetka murders happened..... All just coincidental...but nonetheless errieeeeeeeee

That is so interesting, Sheza! Of course, that NA from the Locust Grove murders would have been much older by now, unless he was just a red herring in those murders like he was in the Weleetka murders.

I'm beginning to think there was a cover-up in both cases. What about it, OSBI?

http://downloads.newsok.com/flash_video/theoklahoman/slideshows/murders/

I've been researching the murders that has haunted Oklahoma for 32 years....."Girl Scouts" beaten to death, sexually assaulted. Although, OSBI recovered fingerprints, DNA...and footprints..this case is still, 32 years later, unsolved.
Sheza, and I..are making plans to visit Camp Scott soon.
I'm going in for heart cath tomorrow, hopefully stents....will take care of my problem.I'm looking for prayers ...that this precedure will be successful.
Taker care all...and be back in a few days.!!
LouLou

I've been researching the murders that has haunted Oklahoma for 32 years....."Girl Scouts" beaten to death, sexually assaulted. Although, OSBI recovered fingerprints, DNA...and footprints..this case is still, 32 years later, unsolved.
I'm going in for heart cath tomorrow, hopefully stents....will take care of my problem.I'm looking for prayers ...that this precedure will be successful.
LouLou

Thinking of you MS... prayers for you with no doubts.

LouLou

MS I think that after the Weleetka murders are solved we should all work on the girl scout murders.

Prayers for you MissingSarah. Please let us know how you are doing when you get back home :blowkiss:

MS I think that after the Weleetka murders are solved we should all work on the girl scout murders.

Prayers for you MissingSarah. Please let us know how you are doing when you get back home :blowkiss:

APPLAUSE! for the positivity of the "after the Weleetka murders are solved" thought.

The Girl Scout Murders and the investigation at the time I do recall vividly, and would love to see that case resolved and justice done.

However, there's another thorn in the side of Oklahoma justice (and I hope that phrase--"Oklahoma justice"--is not just an oxymoron!). It's the Freeman/Bible disappearances and presumed murders; December 2009 will mark the tenth anniversary of the girls having gone missing (plus the murders of the stepfather and mother of Ashley Freeman, and the arson which burned their home).

Let's not forget this one: it's relatively recent, it has the possibility of drug involvement, it features possible involvement by law enforcement, and two other deaths may be directly related to it.

It's made for sleuthing.

And it's a personal interest of mine, having taught a couple close relatives of Lauria Bible. And if the girls had not disappeared, I would probably have had the chance to teach them, too. So this one sticks in my craw. I'm angered every time I think of those two kids, and the fact that justice is on extended hiatus in the case.

Wow, the Girl Scout murders are really depressing.... WFGodot, I haven't heard about what you mentioned. I'll try to find it. Is 'Bible' a last name in this case??

Wfgodot, I was wondering what two other deaths may be directly related to the Freeman / Bible case.

Greetings all,
I want to thank everyone for the most appreciated prayers. I'm absolutely sick ...about Shezas, "true identity" being given out.I advised Sheza to report this action to the local LE..immediately.!! Sheza, if you need our help...just give me a call.
I've gone through and removed quite a few ex-slethurs, and would make a suggestion to delete the "Weleetka Trip room" ASAP...
The news is reporting today, how internet helped establish a motive for a young lady murdered ..and two more beaten and robbed ...so we should ALL ALWAYS keep our guards up.
I'm still praying this case will be solved, but its still such a senseless tradegy....held together with doubts, confused time lines..and location of all ...during that dreadful Sunday afternoon.
LouLou

Welcome back, MS. Ihope everything went ok for you yesterday.

You are absolutley right about the internet. We do need to be on guard, now, more than ever.

Greetings all,
I want to thank everyone for the most appreciated prayers. I'm absolutely sick ...about Shezas, "true identity" being given out.I advised Sheza to report this action to the local LE..immediately.!! Sheza, if you need our help...just give me a call.
I've gone through and removed quite a few ex-slethurs, and would make a suggestion to delete the "Weleetka Trip room" ASAP...
The news is reporting today, how internet helped establish a motive for a young lady murdered ..and two more beaten and robbed ...so we should ALL ALWAYS keep our guards up.
I'm still praying this case will be solved, but its still such a senseless tradegy....held together with doubts, confused time lines..and location of all ...during that dreadful Sunday afternoon.
LouLou

All very good points MS. The internet is a wonderful thing but like anything, can be used negatively too. Bad people will always find a way to use things for bad and good people find a way to use those very same things for good.

I want to tell you that I'm 100% sure the case will be solved. My gut instinct tells me so and I'm listening to it. I really feel that it will be soon and I think people will be surprised at some of the facts.

Thanks for posting this, Little! I'm so glad she did this!

LOOK WHAT I FOUND !!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc19UWbcApI"]YouTube - EMHE video 2[/ame]

Amber's video asking Extreme Makeover Home Edition to help rebuild some of her hometown after an electrical fire burned down most of the small town Weleetka OK

Greetings all,
LouLou
What happened to Sheza?! I am way behind on this case and popped in to try to read up on what is going on here. (Looks like I have missed a lot!)

Also, what is the connection with Seminole?

As far as the GS murders, it has been rumored since the beginning that the crime somehow involved one of the female counselors at the camp. I remember people discussing it long after the murders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back