OH - Bethany Griffin, 36, & 4 kids killed by drunk driver, Toledo, 30 Dec 2007

I did a little bit of looking around on MySpace and Reb is right....there must be two Michael's one being a cousin and owner of the Rodeo. So far I haven't been able to find a profile for Michael Gagnon from Adrian, MI. I read thorugh comments on Sam's page and there seem to be quite a few cousins and family that are either affiliated with or frequent the Rodeo Bar and Grill quite often....

Someone said.....

I know everything happens for a reason and I hope this terrible story wakes alot of people up to the dangers of drinking and driving and hopefully alot of lives will be saved. I am probably dreaming, but wouldn't that be a wonderful memory for the family.

I don't want to start a debate but I will never believe that "everything happens for a reason." Five people lost their lives because Gagnon decided to get drunk that night and then he decided to drive even though he had an agreement with his sister not to drive. He is the reason that all of those little chilldren and their mother are dead and only him. He made a terrible drunken decision when he got into his truck and drove. I think that the saying "everything happens for a reason" is just a way that some people cope with things that happen. When lives are ended because someone made a terrible choice...that someone is the reason...IMO anyway.

yet another intense debate going on:
http://swampbubbles.com/five-dead-1-280-michael-gagnon-adrian-michigan-responsible#comment-17264

BTW... I had been thinking that the Michael G. on MySpace must have been a relative of the murderer Michael G... and sure enough, that's it. It looks like someone on the above forum has solved mystery for us.. The MySpace MG is apparently the killer's cousin, who also OWNS the Rodeo Bar & Grill... they just happen to have the same name.

hmmmm ... I guess it isn't easy to cut off a cousin. :mad:

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080104/NEWS03/801040390

While searching the Rodeo Bar and Grill, where Michael Gagnon is believed to have been drinking before his involvement in a deadly I-280 crash on Sunday, authorities found something they weren’t expecting: human growth hormone.
:waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:
But they also took away two boxes containing Jintropin, a brand of human growth hormone, vials, and two syringes; a pill container with nine white-colored tablets of clenbuterol, a drug known to promote muscle growth similar to anabolic steroids; a glass bottle with dropper containing an unknown clear liquid; $15,703.82 in cash, and syringes.

Sentenced to 43 years
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080628/NEWS05/806280330/1007/NEWS05
On Friday, the Adrian man's actions Dec. 30 landed him behind bars for the next 43 years without eligibility for parole.
"It's a tough sentence, but it's a very tough case," Lucas County Assistant Prosecutor Jeffrey Lingo told the Free Press after the emotional sentencing of Gagnon, 24, in Lucas County Common Pleas Court in Toledo. (more plus pic at link)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back