GUILTY OH - Butler Co. High School shooting wounds 4 students, 29 Feb 2016

I was comparing the US to Beirut. Beirut has actually gotten better. I used to wondr hiw people could stand to live there. Now I wonder how people can stand to live in the US

I wonder how anyone can stand to live anyplace. The whole world has gone down the....

I wonder how anyone can stand to live anyplace. The whole world has gone down the....

It really hasn't. I think we just know more about homicide/attempted homicide cases now than we use to due to the internet and 24/7 cable news. In the 1990s the homicide rate was at its all time highest and climbed above 18 thousand per year. Now in the last 5 or 6 years violent crime has steadily declined to about 12-13 thousand homicides per year.

The only places violent crime has risen in 2014-2015 is in the gang invested cities but even with those murders the overall rate seems to have remained the same nationwide.

Local news just said he entered a plea of "denial" as there is no guilty/not guilty plea in juvenile court. He was reported to emotionless. His pre trial is set for April 5th. He remains in juvie at this time.

Attorney for Madison Jr/Sr HS shooting suspect denies charges against teen

http://www.fox19.com/story/31343366...own-following-incident-at-madison-high-school

ETA link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also it's not Madison County. It's Madison Township in Butler County. Madison Jr/Sr High is the name of the school. Just FYI if a mod wants to change it.

I was comparing the US to Beirut. Beirut has actually gotten better. I used to wondr hiw people could stand to live there. Now I wonder how people can stand to live in the US

I cannot answer your rhetorical question, but I would say more people are trying to enter the US today versus Lebanon.

Maybe comparing Beirut to Chicago or Detroit would be a more comparable comparison than a country of >300,000,000 to a single city.

Word is kids will go back to school tomorrow and get counseling. Staff will greet the children when they get off the buses.

Word is kids will go back to school tomorrow and get counseling. Staff will greet the children when they get off the buses.

That's good.

Quite a few years ago there was plenty of talk about having metal detectors at the doors of some schools. I am not sure whether that was just for some inner big city schools or what.

I do know a lot of schools wont let just anyone walk through the doors anymore. I would think installing metal detectors upon entry would be a fairly easy thing to do for all schools especially if they already have some sort of check in process to get access to the school.

I am not sure how much one of the machines cost but maybe just use a wand then if they cant afford the machine. They have those hand held wands they can use if cost is an issue.

There were no machines there. I'm not aware of machines at any butler county school.

I cannot answer your rhetorical question, but I would say more people are trying to enter the US today versus Lebanon.

Actually Beirut is a new funspot destination for the ultrahip. Look it up. I have moved to a foreign country. The Pres of the country where I live had a meeting I attended, He and the audience expressed great concern at the impact of violence in America on the youth of this country.

People are also confused about the US. They do not realize that There is not universal health care like there is in most civilized countries of the world. It never even crosses their minds until I mention it.

They need to prosecute whomever is the registered owner of that gun. Throw the book at them both. The only way to get control of the gun nuts is to incentivize them to be responsible, by showing them that when they aren't, the consequences need to be swift and very SEVERE. Full stop. Kiss your gun and your freedom bye-bye.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back