GUILTY OH - Caleb Durig, 8 mos, bitten, beaten to death, Troy, 26 July 2010

http://www.whiotv.com/news/24541309/detail.html

New Information Troy Baby Death

still can't find a picture online of precious Calab

- snipped from above link - thank you fhc.

According to the documents, someone was worried that Calab Durig might meet the same fate as an older sibling.

The concerned person or persons called Miami County Children's Services five times between March of last year and this year, "indicating concern as a result of the fact that Jason had burned an older child and served prison time.".

However, Miami County Children's Services did not investigate, according to the documents because there were no complaints of suspected abuse or neglect related to Calab Durig.

Officials of Miami County Children's Services declined to be interviewed.

News Center 7 spoke by phone with Ben Johnson of the Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services who said, "My impression is that we'd be making a pretty big leap to say we are going to investigate biological parents based on something they'd done in the past, rather than based on any evidence that they may be committing a crime in the present."

The most recent call to Children's Services was made this past March when Calab was 4-months-old. The relative said, "It was possible that drugs, possibly pills, were being used in the Durig home.

Each call was classified as "information only" and no investigation was initiated. "But, if you feel like a child might be at risk, absolutely report it immediately," said Johnson.

WTH!!! We know they are overburdened - we know they can't possibly investigate every call - but a system that fails to investigate a child following FIVE PHONE CALLS is fatally flawed - we need to gut it! We need to start over - We all need to CALL over and over, every. single. day.

Caleb was let down by everyone who had the ability to save him - my heart goes out to those who knew and loved this baby - Apparently no one realized the severity of abuse he was enduring.

Precious baby Caleb, play with the other lil angels in the warm, glow of eternal light - sleep soundly in your heavenly father's care and protection. No more pain, no more tears - little one. Only the purest love -

Troy Parents Indicted In Son’s Death

Jason Durig was charged with murder and child endangering and could face up to 23 years in prison, if convicted. He is being held on a $1 million bond.

Tara Durig was indicted on permitting child abuse and child endangering. If convicted, she could face up to 15 years in prison. She is being held on a $550,000 bond.

The Durig’s are expected back in court later this month to answer to the charges

http://www.whiotv.com/news/24620152/detail.html

STILL NO PICTURE OF CALAB

The mom needs to be charged with murder also!

Salem

Troy Parents Indicted In Son’s Death

Jason Durig was charged with murder and child endangering and could face up to 23 years in prison, if convicted. He is being held on a $1 million bond.

Tara Durig was indicted on permitting child abuse and child endangering. If convicted, she could face up to 15 years in prison. She is being held on a $550,000 bond.

The Durig’s are expected back in court later this month to answer to the charges

http://www.whiotv.com/news/24620152/detail.html

STILL NO PICTURE OF CALAB

It bothers me too! Not one picture?

I fear that like poor brianna....there werent any photos ever taken of the lil angel :(

I thought of her too!!!

To me, it's just another way to disrespect a child. To not even have a visual record of their existance............I truly believe that while they suffered greatly on earth, there is a special place for them in heaven.

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/troy-father-admits-killing-infant-son

Troy father admits killing infant son
Durig entered guilty pleas

Durig has a dark history when it comes to kids. He served time for burning a child in the past, which raised questions about how he was allowed to be around baby Calab.

Durig's wife, Tara Durig, is facing charges of permitting child abuse and child endangering. Her trial is scheduled for December 14th.

Honestly, sub humans like this should be sterilized so they never reproduce again!
How many babies are to be abused or die with these 2?....

RIP Calab, 3-10 years are you kidding me? So sad!

Tara Durig, 28, was found guilty during a hearing in Miami County Common Pleas Court.

A second indictment charging her with child endangering was dismissed as part of a plea agreement.

Lawyers said the charges of permitting child abuse and child endangering were based on the same evidence, which allowed for the dismissal of the endangerment charge.

As part of the plea deal, prosecutors agreed to ask the court for an appropriate sentence, county Prosecutor Gary Nasal said.

She told the judge that she has a “major learning disability,” which causes her to “have trouble comprehending things.:banghead: :banghead:

Oddly TD had no trouble comprehending PLEA AGREEMENT or DISMISSAL of the ENDANGERMENT CHARGE - if she did, they could not have allowed her to plead guilty... :furious: :furious:

Calab I'm so sorry not everyone understands your life and death had meaning.~ REST IN PEACE BABY BOY ~

From January 2011:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...15-years-to-life-in-bitten-babys-death/nMndF/

Miami County prosecutors vowed Monday to fight to ensure Jason Durig, sentenced to 15 years to life for the abuse and murder of his 8-month-old son, “never sees the light of day” beyond prison walls.

Durig, 29, of Troy pleaded guilty in December to felony murder and child endangering in the July death of his son, Caleb...

Tony Kendell, assistant county prosecutor, outlined for Judge Christopher Gee the extensive injuries police and coroner’s investigators documented on Caleb Durig... “When he does come up for parole in 15 years, someone from this office will be there and say it isn’t so,” Kendell said.

This is an awful story, and sadly, an example of children's lives not being as "important" in the eyes of the law. I can't imagine if this man had done these things to an adult, he would have had a possibility of serving only 15 yrs. I pray this prosecutor sticks to what he says. And this "mom"....God will take care of her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back