Found Deceased OH - Caleb Marple, 39, Cleveland, 18 May 2020

Maybe I just missed it in the thread but where is there verified information from LE that he was involved in an altercation? All I've seen so far is hearsay (but I've been sick and may well have missed the links).

Maybe I just missed it in the thread but where is there verified information from LE that he was involved in an altercation? All I've seen so far is hearsay (but I've been sick and may well have missed the links).

It’s been crickets from LE all around in this one, just family members in MSM. Family members say missing Westlake man’s body pulled from the Cuyahoga River

I’d love to have LE either confirm or deny the family statements, because him being jumped by 4-6 men would make this case much, much different from the usual tragic scenarios that we see on here far too often where intoxicated males find their way into the water on accident

Missing Westlake man Caleb Marple identified as body found in Cuyahoga River

CONFIRMED; DECEASED
The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office has identified a body pulled from the Cuyahoga River last week as that of 39-year old Caleb Marple of Westlake.
Marple's body was found on May 29 near Shooters in the west bank of the Flats.

This particular article did not mention possible circumstances around his death.

Justice For Caleb Marple

July 1
Not a day goes by, that we don't think about Caleb. All the questions and no answers. This isn't over. We will continue to ask all the many questions that Caleb would have. Like him we won't stop till we are satisfied.
For those looking for more information that has come to light, we have none.

Caleb was asked to leave Barley House. Why? Who was involved?

Caleb was jumped by 4-6 people. Why? Who? Supposedly they were from Barley House. Why? What happened?

Caleb had no phone the entire time he was at Barley House. He had no phone and no ride, but was asked to leave. He didn't just walk away from his "friends", he was asked to. It was reservations only, raining and the indoor portion wasn't suppose to be open yet.

He was seen walking away from the fight. Alone. People have question suicide. He walked over a bridge to a parking lot. There is a lot of water along his path.

We begged the coast guard for five days asking for them to search the water. They said the police needed to request it. He wasn't "attached to the water".
That was crucial time.

To say his death may be accidental or suicide is not right.

Justice For Caleb Marple

July 1
Not a day goes by, that we don't think about Caleb. All the questions and no answers. This isn't over. We will continue to ask all the many questions that Caleb would have. Like him we won't stop till we are satisfied.
For those looking for more information that has come to light, we have none.

Caleb was asked to leave Barley House. Why? Who was involved?

Caleb was jumped by 4-6 people. Why? Who? Supposedly they were from Barley House. Why? What happened?

Caleb had no phone the entire time he was at Barley House. He had no phone and no ride, but was asked to leave. He didn't just walk away from his "friends", he was asked to. It was reservations only, raining and the indoor portion wasn't suppose to be open yet.

He was seen walking away from the fight. Alone. People have question suicide. He walked over a bridge to a parking lot. There is a lot of water along his path.

We begged the coast guard for five days asking for them to search the water. They said the police needed to request it. He wasn't "attached to the water".
That was crucial time.

To say his death may be accidental or suicide is not right.

I hope LE have investigated the fight and possible aftermath of Caleb being followed. Do you know whether there were any obvious signs of violence on his body?

@Jes W8

Again, so sorry for your loss.
Checking in to see if there have been any updates or findings related to Caleb’s case that may have helped bring closure for friends & family?

After six weeks in the water, contusions and lacerations are not going to be conclusive. We'll be looking for things like skull fractures. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes before it can be firmly established if there was water in the lungs or not.

Any new evidence is primarily going to be used to confront the members of his party about discrepancies in their stories and as leverage to get more detailed statements about the fight. The specific details about the fight are everything in this case.

After six weeks in the water, contusions and lacerations are not going to be conclusive. We'll be looking for things like skull fractures. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes before it can be firmly established if there was water in the lungs or not.

Any new evidence is primarily going to be used to confront the members of his party about discrepancies in their stories and as leverage to get more detailed statements about the fight. The specific details about the fight are everything in this case.
Family members say missing Westlake man’s body pulled from the Cuyahoga River

Family members said four-to-six men jumped Marple outside the Archer Apartments on W. 9th Street in downtown Cleveland.

Was a source found that explained how or where family members received the info that this fight occurred?
I’m not saying it didn’t, was curious is this info they gathered from LE, a video, their own searching??

Justice For Caleb Marple

June 3 post

To just recap...

For now, we will put our focus on his last moments and what happened outside the Archer Apartments, which may have contributed to his demise. There was a rumored fight Caleb was involved in, which 4-6 men jumped him. This was possibly a violent altercation, but we don't know for sure. We are looking for ANY information pertaining to this incident on 5/18/20 at approximately 12:15am. We want to know how the altercation happened and what led to it. If anyone has any information, please contact us or the Cleveland Police Department @ 216-621-1234. Someone has to know or have seen something.

Justice For Caleb Marple

July 1 post

Here’s some additional info to note:
•We begged the coast guard for five days asking for them to search the water. They said the police needed to request it. He wasn't "attached to the water". That was crucial time.
-When asked what “attached to the water” meant, the family responded: “they didn’t have a reason to search the water because they hadn’t found a shoe or a hat in the water. There wasn’t blood or urine next to the water.”
•Caleb was jumped by 4-6 people. Why? Who? Supposedly they were from Barley House. Why? What happened?
-“we have no confirmed details of the fight beyond there were 4-6 people involved.
•The case is closed.
-“The case is closed, but there is no official ruling (cod) without a concluded autopsy...find it unusual to have a closed case with so many unanswered questions and no concluded autopsy.”

NOTE: This was all shared 2 weeks ago!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NSFamilyLaw
Back