GUILTY OH - Chelsea Martinez, 24, Columbus, 30 July 2015

I think they have evidence or reason to believe she put him up to it, hence he had no criminal intent to commit murder perse, but suicide by proxy. It is also possible they gave him a deal in exchange for a full confession and location of the body. It is hard to say if this guy is just crazily sympathetic or if there is something much darker there that she was helping him play out. I feel for his wife and kids.

They guy's EP page has been deleted, but is on Google Cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...com/about/darkryd3r+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Some of his groups:
I am a Person of Darkness
I Love Blood and Gore
I Need Your Blood
I Like Blood Play
I Love Evil, Dark, Disturbing, Gory Things
I am a Dark Person
I am Fascinated by Disturbing Stories and Imagery
I have Sick, Twisted, and Dark Fantasies.
I Love the Taste of Blood
I Have a Dark Side
I Love Gore and Horror

My intuition tells me this was a Consensual Homicide. Besides that:

1) This guy had some pretty disturbing content on his profile. This was not a Bundy with sob stories of a flat tire.

2) The woman is married and a bit older than a typical naive teenager. The suicide by proxy story is almost umbelievable, but so is the alternative explanation that she'd drive to Minnesota and voluntarily go into a secluded area of a park with a guy she met online with that kind of content. Even if she had some kind of dark fantasy in mind and she didn't want to die

3) It was charged as second degree murder. As far as we know there is no specific plea deal, and they're mentioning he's eligible for bail. I would expect if they thought it was non-consensual they would have charged it as first degree murder at least initially, and there'd be no bail if there was a plea bargain already. Carrying a knife to the scene is absolute red flag for premeditation if there was it. It would be odd that they would specifically mention "without premeditation" in the complaint if they were charging it lower due to a deal.

4) The news story today was titled "Suicidal Woman..." That would be an odd thing to mention if they didn't suspect it was relevant, (but maybe weren't at liberty to confirm it).

5) FWIW that seems to be they guys explanation of what happened.

Coincidentally, Faribault is home to that male nurse that goaded people into suicide over the internet.

http://www.startribune.com/charge-f...illed-suicidal-ohio-woman-in-woods/321392241/
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/cr...ult-man-charged--ohio-womans-murder/31436327/

Mdcastle - thanks for the cache catch of info. I look at it before it was taken down and it literally scared me.
$1M bail is a lot but he did confess and tell them where the body was. That was a blessing for her family and having her body back and not having to constantly wonder.
Now the mystery will be why....why did she want to die so badly? why did she meet up with him? was it to complete the thing she wanted most?
These things I will never truly understand.
So sorry for both sets of families

They guy's EP page has been deleted, but is on Google Cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...com/about/darkryd3r+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Some of his groups:
I am a Person of Darkness
I Love Blood and Gore
I Need Your Blood
I Like Blood Play
I Love Evil, Dark, Disturbing, Gory Things
I am a Dark Person
I am Fascinated by Disturbing Stories and Imagery
I have Sick, Twisted, and Dark Fantasies.
I Love the Taste of Blood
I Have a Dark Side
I Love Gore and Horror

<snipped by me>
And those would be some of the "really bizarre things" I was referring to upthread. And why you really should be careful who you interact with on EP.

I also believe this was a consensual thing. I think she was either unable to, or unsuccessful in, committing suicide herself. So by enlisting his help she knew it would happen and... obviously... he would get something out of it as well. Whether it was just enjoyment or something far more sinister.

What an intriguing case. They obviously will be using electronic data as evidence to prove or disprove there was a consensual agreement between the two. Do you think they had the forethought to perhaps write up some kind of informal contract or record a video, to provide some protection for him in the aftermath of her death? Suicide by cop is one thing, but to feed anothers desire to experience a killing is an entirely different spectrum and could unlock a potential for disaster; especially if he found it satisfied what he was looking for. All JMO.

Well, a the perp goes to meet a woman in an isolated area of a park with a knife and rope in his backpack. He admits to police that he picked an area with water in case something needs to be cleaned up. Police charge him with only 2nd degree murder. JMO that there probably is electronic evidence that this was consensual that they are not releasing, whether something beyond EP messages I don't know.

I have read of other cases like this, but the perp was still charged with the homicide charge appropriate to the situation, no matter how the woman put herself in the position to be murdered. The one case that sticks out most to me was prior to 1997. Creepy and almost unbelievable!

Jason Nisbit had a court appearance last month but it was canceled and the rescheduling date was not specified. In August, he was charged with second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon.

http://kymnradio.net/2016/10/06/todays-news-update-flasher-still-loose-eda-coordinator-start-december-nisbit-court-date-moved-candidate-forum-dates/

Jason Nisbit was due in court last month but the Judge became ill and wasn’t able to proceed. An omnibus hearing was scheduled for the 40 year old Faribault man accused of First Degree Murder in the death of 26 year old Chelsea Martinez of Ohio in August of 2015. Rice County Attorney John Fossum said they’re hoping to agree on a date soon but Nisbit’s attorney is a Public Defender with many cases. Several hearings have been canceled and moved due to a variety of reasons. In the meantime, Nisbit remains in jail on a $1 million bond and is pleading not guilty.

http://www.southernminn.com/faribault_daily_news/news/article_42785aa6-cb44-53b8-83b7-0e58ed5128c4.html

The Faribault man accused of cutting the throat of an Ohio woman he met online last August is now being charged with a new crime, after police say he assaulted another inmate in jail.

The charge was first mentioned during a hearing earlier this week, in which 40-year-old Jason Nisbit pleaded not guilty to two counts of murder.

http://kymnradio.net/2016/11/11/todays-news-update-ellendale-evacuated-derailment-nfld-hra-focuses-dollars-downtown-affordable-housing-nisbit-will-plead-veterans-day-celebrations/

There was a settlement hearing yesterday in the First Degree murder case of Jason Nisbit. He’s the 40 year old Faribault man accused of killing 26 year old Chelsea Martinez in August of 2015. According to the criminal complaint, the pair met online. He eventually led them to her body and reportedly told police how he did it. Rice County Attorney John Fossum said there will be a plea hearing coming up and a sentencing at that time. However, he would not say what the plea is and no date has been set. Nisbit has been jailed in Rice County since early August of 2015 on a $1 million bail.

Nisbit sentenced to 42 years

http://www.southernminn.com/faribault_daily_news/news/article_4f1df4bb-b9ed-5dec-83c3-984a319aaf07.html

In a nearly full and emotionally-charged courtroom Thursday, a Faribault man was sentenced to 42 years in prison, but the family of the woman he killed said no sentence would serve as justice for the lost daughter, sister and mother.

Jason Robert Nisbit, 42, of Faribault, was sentenced to 42 years in prison as part of a plea deal in which he admitted killing Chelsea Martinez near Shager Park outside of Faribault in August 2015 and for assaulting a fellow inmate while in custody.

Nisbit pleaded guilty to second-degree, non-premeditated, intentional murder and was given the maximum sentence of 480 months by Judge John T. Cajacob. The agreement also dismissed a first-degree, premeditated murder charge.

Present in the courtroom Thursday, after traveling from Ohio, were several members of the victim’s family. Martinez’s mother, father and step-mother all provided victim impact statements.

Step-mother Christine Smuck mentioned the mental struggles Martinez faced, saying the family had hopes she could one day overcome them and live a happy life.

“That opportunity was stolen from her,” she said.

Father Christopher Smuck managed to speak clearly and audibly without breaks in his speech as he discussed his daughter’s life and the impact of her death.

He noted that, while he didn’t always remember to think of her as she lived, his thoughts come back to her every day since her death. He thanked the Minnesota court system for allowing the impact statements and for contributing to his daughter’s funeral costs.

There are so many un-answered questions pertaining to this case :
Why did she go?
Why didn't she back out?
Does the wife have anything to do with it?

This case hits close to home for me, this was my friends best friend and someone that I met a couple a times.

Here are some links about the case, it's also been featured in some TV shows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back