OH - Child Abuse Caught On Cell Phone Video

It looks like they are picking on her. Not beating her. Poor judgment yes, abuse not compared to some of the things I have read.

Does it disturb anyone else that this news program chose to air the video and have still clips on their website??

Full disclosure: I did not click anything after I was on the site (moving images of a child maybe/maybe not being abused just ain't something I want in my head), so the video may not be up...I'm assuming that it is, based on comments here.

No, this isn't the worst thing we've seen or heard here at WS. I still think it is absue. To what degree? That's not my call to make. I just strongly feel that using a 3 year old in an inappropriate way for entertainment definitely qualifies as abuse in my book. :furious:

What goes through the minds of some people?????

I find the fact that the mom was in the room and the child was screaming "Mommy!" very sad. How could anyone be so heartless?

IMO, regardless of how the father found the video on the cell phone (seems a little odd to me but that's beside the point), I am glad that he found it. It seems to me that this kind of behavior could only escalate and then we'd be hearing about this child being in serious condition or deceased. This is not only inappropriate, it's child abuse IMO. Watching the small bit of video I saw...I just wanted to find the little girl and give her a big hug and protect her. Unbelievable!!!

Yeah it might not be physical abuse but definately mental. I didn't like the vibe of that video at all. You could see the little girl standing there lost not knowing what to do. I hate like that I just wanted to grab her out of that video and hug her and tell her come on i'll protect you! :mad:

Me too!

Anyone who uses a child for their "entertainment" is abusing that child.

Put yourself in that little girl's shoes and ask yourself, "would I be enjoying that interaction with the people in control?".

Seems pretty clear to me, in my most humble opinion only.

Ditto that! Abusive bullies often try to pass off their torment of a victim as joking around. (Case in point- Good ole' jokster Drew Peterson himself!)

IMO, regardless of how the father found the video on the cell phone (seems a little odd to me but that's beside the point), I am glad that he found it. It seems to me that this kind of behavior could only escalate and then we'd be hearing about this child being in serious condition or deceased. This is not only inappropriate, it's child abuse IMO. Watching the small bit of video I saw...I just wanted to find the little girl and give her a big hug and protect her. Unbelievable!!!
i wonder if dad actually "found"the video. what would make more sense is if someone saw the abuse and thought it was so bad they told dad but asked that dad not say where he got the info.

Does it disturb anyone else that this news program chose to air the video and have still clips on their website??

Full disclosure: I did not click anything after I was on the site (moving images of a child maybe/maybe not being abused just ain't something I want in my head), so the video may not be up...I'm assuming that it is, based on comments here.
i am ok with the video being on the news. you can not really make out the face of the child so we need not fear any public embarrasment for her. in the age we live video is everywhere. crimes are caught on tape daily. children are abused non stop yet left with the abuser. maybe by showing this video on the news we can get the public fired up enough to save this 1 child. keeping abuse in the dark sure has not changed things for the innocent children that live with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back