OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

IceIce9

Verified EMT
Reaction score
The three young boys were shot and killed in Clermont County Thursday, and their father, Chad Doerman, 32, has been arrested and charged with aggravated murder, according to the sheriff's office.

It all started around 4 p.m. in the 1900 block of Laurel Lindale Road when police responded to a report of a shooting.

Deputies on the scene found four people shot outside a home on Laurel Lindale Road. The first crews on the scene attempted lifesaving measures on the three young boys but were unsuccessful. The sheriff's office said all three gunshot victims died from their injuries while on the scene.

Clermont County's chief prosecutor of Municipal Court, David Gast, said during Doerman's arraignment Friday that one of the boys tried to flee into a nearby field but Doerman “hunted” his son down and brought him back to their home before killing him.

If I had to guess, I'd say to punish the mother. If he'd wanted to kill her, he wouldn't have left her alive. He wanted her to watch him kill them in front of her, and her be unable to stop him. The cruelty and the suffering all four of the victims endured was the point.

Does Ohio have the DP? Because if it does, there's no way I can see this not qualifying.

MOO

If I had to guess, I'd say to punish the mother. If he'd wanted to kill her, he wouldn't have left her alive. He wanted her to watch him kill them in front of her, and her be unable to stop him. The cruelty and the suffering all four of the victims endured was the point.

Does Ohio have the DP? Because if it does, there's no way I can see this not qualifying.

MOO
It appears to be Capital Punishment state

Jun 16th, 2023, 11:59 am
[...]
“No person shall purposely cause the death of another who is under thirteen years of age at the time of the commission of the offense,” the law says. Those convicted of aggravated murder in Ohio “shall suffer death or be imprisoned for life.”
[...]
An arraignment scheduled for Friday morning in Clermont County Municipal Court ended with that bond set at a whopping $20 million — and the local NBC affiliate reported even more shocking details about the shooting.
[...]
A preliminary hearing for Doerman is scheduled to take place at 1 p.m. on June 26.

This happened yesterday literally in my neighborhood. 3 minutes from my home. I was passed by emergency personnel going home from work and praying it wasn't a car accident (thinking that was the worse) and checking on my grandson via phone. Last night there were stories spreading that he was a drunk but then today in court he confessed that he had been planning this for months. The mother was shot also and survived. The young daughter ran down the street to flee. I do not know this family personally but I've been told he was the assistant coach for the boys little league team and was thought to be a very doting father. My best friends young children attended the same school. Same school my grandchildren went to but they are much older and in high school now. Our community is very tight and the whole community is devastated. I believe the next court hearing is 6/24 or 6/26. On another note: we recently had another incident in our community where a mother killed her family (one child survived but incapacitated still - HS age - goes to school with my grandson). Just too close to home. What is wrong with these "parents".

If, as reported, he had planned this horrific act for awhile, it must have been to get back at more than just the children's mother, maybe his parents too? Was he living at that home?MOO MOO MOO
Per the hearing today he confessed to planning it for months. I believe he was going to kill them all. He did live in the home I believe and was told he was the boys little league assistant coach and a doting father - crazy. I live in the neighborhood.

Jun 16th, 2023, 11:59 am
[...]
“No person shall purposely cause the death of another who is under thirteen years of age at the time of the commission of the offense,” the law says. Those convicted of aggravated murder in Ohio “shall suffer death or be imprisoned for life.”
[...]
An arraignment scheduled for Friday morning in Clermont County Municipal Court ended with that bond set at a whopping $20 million — and the local NBC affiliate reported even more shocking details about the shooting.
[...]
A preliminary hearing for Doerman is scheduled to take place at 1 p.m. on June 26.
Hope they got the firing squad still. Seems fitting ,no blind fold.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back