Match! OH - Cleveland, WhtMale 1116UMOH, in river, Feb'89 - Larry Phillips

If they had 993 possibles, chances are that they probably wouldn't have looked at any of them.

It seems to me that the NamUs auto-match feature needs some work to eliminate some of the rediculous possibles that they come up with. If they can't come up with a more manageable list size, then the case managers are discouraged from even working them.

I agree, I was told that it could have taken years for them to make the match since their were were so many flagged.

Chaddy, I have the chills! Thank you so much for being here and taking the time to help this family find their loved one!

:rose:

If they had 993 possibles, chances are that they probably wouldn't have looked at any of them.

It seems to me that the NamUs auto-match feature needs some work to eliminate some of the rediculous possibles that they come up with. If they can't come up with a more manageable list size, then the case managers are discouraged from even working them.

Actually - I think this is a perfect example of how we (the public and WS) can help. Their resources are limited. If they would have released the 993 names, many would have looked to help prioritize the possible matches.

Between the efforts of the 'amatuers' and the professionals, we could be of great assistance.

Personally - I'm not sure that software can replace the brains of humans :)

You guys do awesome work and I just don't think a machine can duplicate you.

Salem

Way to go Chaddylex! Thank you so much, now Larry's family can have some peace. You did awesome!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:great:

You have done a wonderful thing for Larry's family!

Cheers!!!!

So proud of you!

:clap:

Deepest sympathy to Larry's family - I'd imagine it is some bittersweet relief to finally know where he is, so he can be laid to rest.

Well done chaddylex, you have done such a great job here working selflessly to try and help. I take my hat off to you!

That is wonderful! A family may now find peace. Great work. I am new to WS, but LOVE the awesome community and work I see you all doing!

Fantastic Job Chaddylex! WTG! I'm so glad Larry can now be brought home and his family has answers and closure. Prayers said for Larry, his family and all who knew and loved him.

Thanks everyone! I am just glad I can give his family closure. I guess he wasn't reported missing until 1994, and they couldn't remember what year exactly he went missing. His sister was looking for him, hoping he was alive. Very sad that he wasn't far from home this entire time. :(

I have so much sympathy for her and the rest of the family and will keep them in my prayers. May Larry Rest in Peace.

Excellent work figuring out that the tattoo was a set of initials, Chaddylex!

Saw him listed as 62 yr old from the Charley Project as resolved case. Can anyone call them to correct it? He's only 31/32 when he died.

It still sad situation when he cut off in contact for 6-7 years before they found out he's been dead for long time.

Saw him listed as 62 yr old from the Charley Project as resolved case. Can anyone call them to correct it? He's only 31/32 when he died.

It still sad situation when he cut off in contact for 6-7 years before they found out he's been dead for long time.

I saw that too. I know CarlK contacted Meaghan (the administrator at Charley, I think it was a misprint because of his case file, it listed his real age)

Great Matching Chaddy! Sorry I'm so late on the congrats for you, I've been sick and not able to be on the computer at all. I'm really proud of you, and although NamUs had flagged it, who knows how long it would have taken for the match to happen- if at all! GREAT JOB!

Condolences to the family, and one more time- I"M REALLY PROUD OF YOU! and it goes to show, that WE CAN AND DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Chaddylex....Great Job.

Congratulations, chaddylex!!! Great, great work!

Here I am at work jumping up and down because I made a match... and yes my boss and co workers know about this hobby. They think I am strange!

It often takes a little difference to make one. :) Missed this thread when you made the match. I'm so glad you were able to return this man to his family, chaddylex.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back