Found Deceased OH - Darnell Taylor, 5, foster parent Pammy Maye, 48 advised she harmed him then fled in 2015 gray Jeep Cherokee, Columbus, 14 Feb 2024

Just trying to wrap my head around this.

Darnell’s biological parents couldn’t deal with him (behavioural issues I’m assuming). So Darnell’s biological grandparents got custody or guardianship or something and he lands with them.

Then, for whatever reason, the Grandparents don’t want him so Pammy Maye, a family friend, then gets some type of guardianship and Darnell is now living with her and her husband.

Pammy ends up being murdered by Pammy and Pammy has some type of breakdown it appears.

In his 5 years, he’s lived in 3 different homes, with 3 different “parents” and then ends up dead.

I’m assuming that this was all done privately and Children’s Services didn’t get involved much because people kept stepping up to take him.

I’ve assumed a lot here but no matter what this is a horrible tragedy.

MOO

Another child unwanted by its bio family. Passed from person to person all of whom ‘couldn’t handle’ the child. Then he’s given to a ‘family friend’. So many red flags. One wonders if social services or DSS was ever involved in this child’s life in any way.

I do want to give thanks to the husband/‘foster’ father. He called the police. He did the right thing. So many threads on here are of missing children when we know they most likely are not missing but had been hurt by their custodians. Then when these children are found deceased we hear the horrific stories of abuse and neglect. We hear about how the custodians (I would never call most of these people ‘parents’) came up with a ‘plan’ of how to get rid of the child’s body and then report to police that the child is missing. It’s one of the oldest stories out there. Plus it makes it just that much harder on the legitimate families who have children abducted or lost.

So kudos to the ‘foster’ father. He even told police that PM tried to stop him and she stated to him she ‘had a plan’. It sounds like he works long hours and is not at home for much of the day. At least he did the right thing.

Another child unwanted by its bio family. Passed from person to person all of whom ‘couldn’t handle’ the child. Then he’s given to a ‘family friend’. So many red flags. One wonders if social services or DSS was ever involved in this child’s life in any way.

I do want to give thanks to the husband/‘foster’ father. He called the police. He did the right thing. So many threads on here are of missing children when we know they most likely are not missing but had been hurt by their custodians. Then when these children are found deceased we hear the horrific stories of abuse and neglect. We hear about how the custodians (I would never call most of these people ‘parents’) came up with a ‘plan’ of how to get rid of the child’s body and then report to police that the child is missing. It’s one of the oldest stories out there. Plus it makes it just that much harder on the legitimate families who have children abducted or lost.

So kudos to the ‘foster’ father. He even told police that PM tried to stop him and she stated to him she ‘had a plan’. It sounds like he works long hours and is not at home for much of the day. At least he did the right thing.
The child’s birth parent(s) may not have been able to properly care for him and the grandparents could have age-related issues. I wonder if DSS vetted Pammy.

Video with Darnell's maternal grandmother. Reporter say Pammy Maye will be in court on Monday.

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - A grandmother says she feels the system failed her now murdered 5-year-old grandson.

Shanda McGee tells 19 News that she repeatedly told the caseworker for Franklin County Children’s Services about concerns she had about 48-year-old Pammy Maye of Columbus, who along with her husband was the legal guardian of 5-year-old Darnell Taylor.

His grandmother Shanda McGee says, “That really broke my heart because it’s like first of all why did you do that? Then you threw him out in the sewage like he was a piece of trash.”

McGee says Darnell’s paternal grandparents were friends with Maye and thought she would be a good caregiver for the child.

She says it’s unimaginable that someone who was supposed to care about the child did the unthinkable, “I feel like she feels if I can’t have him, nobody can have him.”

Both Darnell’s maternal and paternal grandparents had gone to court to get visitation for their grandson, saying Pammy Maye had blocked their calls and they weren’t able to get ahold of the couple to have regular visitation.

Another hearing on the matter was scheduled for March 11.

I think it's a little soon to hear COD. Perhaps once the murder charge is laid. MOO

FEB 16, updated FEB 17, 2024
  • Authorities responded to the area Friday morning and found the body.
  • Pammy was taken to a hospital in the Cleveland area for medical treatment.
  • Darnell was positively identified by family members on Friday afternoon.
  • On Saturday, Maye was booked at the Cuyahoga County Jail.
  • LE will work with the Franklin County Prosecutor's Office to charge Maye with murder and extradite her back to Franklin County.
  • She is already charged with kidnapping and endangering children.

Last edited:
I think it's a little soon to hear COD. Perhaps once the murder charge is laid. MOO

FEB 16, updated FEB 17, 2024
  • Authorities responded to the area Friday morning and found the body.
  • Pammy was taken to a hospital in the Cleveland area for medical treatment.
  • Darnell was positively identified by family members on Friday afternoon.
  • On Saturday, Maye was booked at the Cuyahoga County Jail.
  • LE will work with the Franklin County Prosecutor's Office to charge Maye with murder and extradite her back to Franklin County.
  • She is already charged with kidnapping and endangering children.
I say that depending on the circumstances, it could be possible that the prosecutor or the grand jury could upgrade the murder charge to the more serious charge of aggravated murder.

Video with Darnell's maternal grandmother. Reporter say Pammy Maye will be in court on Monday.

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - A grandmother says she feels the system failed her now murdered 5-year-old grandson.

Shanda McGee tells 19 News that she repeatedly told the caseworker for Franklin County Children’s Services about concerns she had about 48-year-old Pammy Maye of Columbus, who along with her husband was the legal guardian of 5-year-old Darnell Taylor.

His grandmother Shanda McGee says, “That really broke my heart because it’s like first of all why did you do that? Then you threw him out in the sewage like he was a piece of trash.”

McGee says Darnell’s paternal grandparents were friends with Maye and thought she would be a good caregiver for the child.

She says it’s unimaginable that someone who was supposed to care about the child did the unthinkable, “I feel like she feels if I can’t have him, nobody can have him.”

Both Darnell’s maternal and paternal grandparents had gone to court to get visitation for their grandson, saying Pammy Maye had blocked their calls and they weren’t able to get ahold of the couple to have regular visitation.

I wonder what precluded the maternal grandparents from taking custody last year?

Maye stopped letting people see Darnell at some point. I’m guessing she didn’t want people to see signs of abuse. Poor Darnell.

And I’d like to know if Maye’s mental break was organic or drug-induced.

…snipped by Linear13 for space reasons

A person cutting ties with family and isolating a child is one of the first signs of abuse. If psychologists know this and we know this why can’t the courts see this. Now the child is dead. I have a feeling this child was failed by the system like so many others.

CLEVELAND (WJW) — The woman accused in the murder of 5-year-old Darnell Taylor, and who set off a statewide Amber Alert last week, was officially booked in jail Sunday evening, Cuyahoga County press secretary Jennifer Ciaccia confirmed to FOX 8.

Pammy Maye, 48, was booked at Cuyahoga County Corrections Center around 6 p.m., charged with murder, child endangering and kidnapping, according to Ciaccia.

CLEVELAND (WJW) — The woman accused in the murder of 5-year-old Darnell Taylor, and who set off a statewide Amber Alert last week, was officially booked in jail Sunday evening, Cuyahoga County press secretary Jennifer Ciaccia confirmed to FOX 8.

Pammy Maye, 48, was booked at Cuyahoga County Corrections Center around 6 p.m., charged with murder, child endangering and kidnapping, according to Ciaccia.

With today being a holiday and the courts aren’t open, PM will be extradited to Columbus in the next few days.

FEB 19, 2024
Maye was booked into a Cuyahoga County jail on Sunday. Columbus police expect Maye will be returned to Franklin County, but haven't said when that will happen.

10TV is awaiting information on her extradition hearing in Cuyahoga County.

According to the newly unsealed charging documents, Darnell Taylor died of asphyxiation around 11 a.m. on Feb. 13. Maye's husband called 911 around 3 a.m. the next day after she allegedly told him the boy was no longer alive.
1708560981878.jpeg
Darnell Taylor was found dead in Franklin County early Friday morning, almost 48 hours after a statewide AMBER Alert was issued following his disappearance

According to the newly unsealed charging documents, Darnell Taylor died of asphyxiation around 11 a.m. on Feb. 13. Maye's husband called 911 around 3 a.m. the next day after she allegedly told him the boy was no longer alive.
View attachment 485076
Darnell Taylor was found dead in Franklin County early Friday morning, almost 48 hours after a statewide AMBER Alert was issued following his disappearance
Oh, my! Wow! Is there any indication of a motive yet? Asphyxiation... there's a lot of time to stop, imo. It seems likely to be premeditated??

Oh, my! Wow! Is there any indication of a motive yet? Asphyxiation... there's a lot of time to stop, imo. It seems likely to be premeditated??
*Suffocation :(
According to Franklin County Municipal Court documents, Pammy Maye allegedly suffocated Darnell around 11 p.m. on Feb. 13, approximately six hours before the AMBER Alert was dispatched. Maye later admitted that after killing Darnell, she put his body in a sewer in the 1600 block of Marsdale Avenue in south Columbus, records say.

Maye was being evaluated at a Cleveland-area hospital before being booked into the Cuyahoga County jail on Sunday. On Wednesday, she was extradited back to Franklin County where she is charged with murder, kidnapping and child endangerment.

According to court records, Maye held her hand over her husband’s mouth when he tried to make the 911 call, saying she “had a plan.” Maye then abruptly left the home, authorities said, and an AMBER Alert for her and the child was issued two hours later. Her vehicle was then found unoccupied around 6 a.m. on Feb. 14 in Brooklyn.

Maye had been Darnell's foster mother since May 2023. The boy’s biological family was notified about his death and Maye's arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back