GUILTY OH - Deanna Ballman, 23, pregnant, dies of heroin OD, Columbus, 31 July 2012

Did you get this ad off craigslist? I mean, I'm asking, are ads like this out there for real?

Yes! You can find some pretty nasty pictures posted under your local sections sometimes.

We sell stuff sometimes.....or give stuff away for free. ( My cat died of cancer and I had a ton of flea meds, a bed, food, and some play stuff that I gave away. I hate to throw that stuff away.) BUT I always make sure my hubby is here when that happens.

Recently, I used Craig's List in my search for an apartment. All I got was one NUT job, and several "absentee" landlords who were in foreign countries doing the "Lord's" work dont'cha know, meaning I would be giving my money to an "unknown" who may or may not have an legal right to the place.

The one man I did meet at the apartment, at 7PM, took an instant dislike to me - maybe because I brought my son? Who knows. I do knows I had nothing but bad luck with CL, and will never deal with them again - don't trust 'em.

My opinion only

Yes! You can find some pretty nasty pictures posted under your local sections sometimes.

We sell stuff sometimes.....or give stuff away for free. ( My cat died of cancer and I had a ton of flea meds, a bed, food, and some play stuff that I gave away. I hate to throw that stuff away.) BUT I always make sure my hubby is here when that happens.

Ya, I just sold some tires and made sure my husband was home as well. Usually when I sell stuff (my target audience is usually moms with kids), I meet in public. The only problem I've ever had is people not showing up. But when they do, they're fine.

I just met a woman at a birthday party and her husband is an attorney who just changed jobs to the local government. His job is basically perusing CL and chasing down the guys who list the ads looking for child sex and what not. She said it's insane how quickly they pop up - and we live in a pretty small area too. And then they quickly disappear too, so he has to be on it fast.

I'm not so sure they weren't after the baby. If she managed to get away before whatever they gave her kicked in, they could have followed her. She starts feeling sick and calls her mom. What makes me think this is that her mom heard a woman's voice. . .so not just the creepy Dr. Maybe once they saw she was on the phone they just took the phone and left. . .not knowing who she called or what she told, they figured there wasn't enough time to take the baby. :(

It's the woman who normally does this sort of thing (killing the mother to take the fetus). And they are pretty desperate. There was a recent case where a woman called 911 claiming she had a baby. When 911 showed up the baby that still had an uterus attached to it. She was trying to pass that baby as her own.
I don't envision this type of woman leaving without trying to get the baby.

Neighbors say the doctor has behaved strangely since his home was first searched on August 2, allegedly hiding in bushes and exiting his home only through the back door. Doug Sandholdt told ABC 6/FOX 28 he has long-held concerns about the doctor's behavior, saying neighbors have "seen women coming in and out of the house, two to three at a time."
http://www.myfox28columbus.com/shar...home-searched-again-ballman-probe-18961.shtml

:rose: :rose: :rose:

IN LOVING MEMORY

DEANNA DARNELL BALLMAN HUSTON

June 28, 1989 :rose: July 31, 2012

MY LIFESTORY

Deanna Darnell Ballman Huston, 23, of Pataskala, formerly of Hebron, died unexpectedly on July 31, 2012, along with her unborn daughter, Mabel Lily Huston, in Delaware County, Ohio. Deanna was born in Newark on June 28, 1989, the daughter of Timothy Ballman of Hebron and Lori (Worthey) Ballman of Pataskala. She was a 2007 graduate of Lakewood H.S. and C-TEC, and served honorably in the Colorado National Guard for 6 years. She was in the process of transferring to the Ohio National Guard at the time of her death Deanna was a devoted mother and enjoyed her military service.

In addition to her parents, she is survived by her husband Mark L. Huston II of Colorado Springs, Co., her two children Mark III and Marie Huston of Pataskala, step-daughter Raven Huston of Newark, sister Cynthia (Brian) Skoda of Newark, brother James Ballman of Buckeye Lake, grandmother Sigrid Ballman of Hebron, In-laws Mark and Diana Huston of Newark and sister-in-law Roseanna Huston of Columbus; along with aunts, uncles, nephews and friends.

The family will receive friends on Thursday, August 9, 2012 from 5-8 P.M. at the Kirkersville home of The Hoskinson Funeral & Cremation Service, 285 E Main St in Kirkersville, where a service of memory will follow at 8 P.M.

Inurnment, with full military honors will follow on Saturday, August 11, 2012, at 10:00 A.M. at Newark Memorial Gardens. A military convoy will form at the funeral home at 9:30 A.M.

HOSKINSON Funeral & Cremation Service, Kirkersville, is honored to care for the Ballman and Huston families.

An on-line guest register and video tribute to Deanna are available at www.hoskinsonfuneral.com.

Wasn't it said the good doctor is a shrink? :what:

Neighbors say the doctor has behaved strangely since his home was first searched on August 2, allegedly hiding in bushes and exiting his home only through the back door. Doug Sandholdt told ABC 6/FOX 28 he has long-held concerns about the doctor's behavior, saying neighbors have "seen women coming in and out of the house, two to three at a time."
http://www.myfox28columbus.com/shar...home-searched-again-ballman-probe-18961.shtml

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared...id_18937.shtml

"Investigators say a pregnant Pataskala mother did not drive herself to the field where her body was found in her car."

Does anyone know if there is anthing stated anywhere that elaborates on this? I am wondering what evidence there might be at this early stage in the investigation to indicate that she did not drive herself.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared...id_18937.shtml

"Investigators say a pregnant Pataskala mother did not drive herself to the field where her body was found in her car."

Does anyone know if there is anthing stated anywhere that elaborates on this? I am wondering what evidence there might be at this early stage in the investigation to indicate that she did not drive herself.

Around noon on Wednesday, Dave Wilcox, who lives on Bevelhymer Road in Delaware County, saw a Ford Taurus with out-of-state license plates parked among storm debris near a tree line on his property. Wilcox said he walked up to the car, but it had tinted windows and he could not see inside.
Wilcox had been outside about 10:45 the night before -- when the moon shone overhead, lighting the trees -- and had not seen the car. The grass around the car was long in places, and had been matted down by at least one other set of tires, Wilcox said.
"There's been another vehicle in there," he said.

more at link ..................
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...314808&isRss=true&Em=4&md5=&sendDate=20120804

Someone posted earlier that the Dr's name is Salim Ali. It is actually Ali Salim. His specialty used to be psychiatry but he has done emergency medicine for years. Not saying he did anything, but wouldn't there have to be some evidence that we aren't being told in the media for LE to have searched his house twice and removed computers, etc?

pleased to meet you Carola, do you know the fella?

Yes I know him personally, worked with him at one time.

:wagon:

Carola, Welcome to Websleuths!

The link shown below may have been provided earlier but it appears to have some updated information with a good quality video ...

- photo of Deanna's car where it was located

- video showing items being removed from doctor's house by law enforcement (LE)

- video showing interview with grandmother of Deanna Ballman

- article identifies numerous LE agencies involved in investigation of "suspicious death"

Someone posted earlier that the Dr's name is Salim Ali. It is actually Ali Salim. His specialty used to be psychiatry but he has done emergency medicine for years. Not saying he did anything, but wouldn't there have to be some evidence that we aren't being told in the media for LE to have searched his house twice and removed computers, etc?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31331668/detail.html

Deanna Ballman's Cell Phone Still Missing

Posted: 10:13 am MDT August 4, 2012
Updated: 3:53 pm MDT August 4, 2012

Investigators learned Ballman had answered a Craigslist ad for a house cleaner at a doctor's home 5 miles away in northeast Columbus

Reports by the Columbus Dispatch and WBNS TV said that police records show officers have responded to the home where she cleaned 11 times in recent years and that some of the calls involved incidents with women.

Police spent hours at the doctor's home on Thursday, removing a number of items for further analysis. The items included a desk computer, laptop computer and digital camera.

"Detectives are treating this case as a suspicious death," said Jennifer Jarrell, a public information office with the local sheriff's office.

The investigation is being conducted by the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office with assistance from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification and the New Albany, Pataskala and Columbus police departments.
<snipped>

:cop: Thanks to all those devoted professionals on the scene for doing what they do !!

Another link I found that some may not have read or seen the video, interview of on-the-scene Delaware County Sheriff's Officer, Capt. Kevin Savage. This news article was not one I had previously read or viewed.

Additional video shots also of the rural location where Deanna's vehicle was found, with LE working the scene.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31328252/detail.html

Posted: 7:33 pm MDT August 2, 2012
Updated: 8:31 pm MDT August 2, 2012

Car Found On Rural Ohio Road

Authorities received a call from a passing motorist about a car off the road on Wednesday. A local sheriff's office spokesman said Ballman's body was "located within the vehicle" but would not say where and or if the body sustained trauma. The death was labeled "suspicious."

The car was found just off a county road, in the grass next to a grove of trees, but was "pretty visible" from the road, the spokesman said.
The Ford Taurus had Colorado plates.

Watching this case on NG right now. That doctor that placed the ad sounds very very hinky....

Not sure it is the right man. In fact, I doubt it, but it's just too weird not to share. An Academic Search came up with a paper written by six people, one with his name. The paper was on... "Do pregnant women have improved outcomes after traumatic brain injury?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back