OH - Dexter Ford for raping sleepwalking woman, Cincinnati, 8 Nov 2007

She could have taken Ambien and then decided to go to White Castle for something to eat and not even remember now. Also, there's been reports of people getting up (or not going to bed before the med starts to work) and cooking and getting snacks. I once woke up with a twinkie stuck in my hair and pillow.

These cases do happen, here's a link to one with Patrick Kennedy involving ambien crashing his car:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/05/w...ence/Times Topics/People/K/Kennedy, Patrick J.

Here are some links to an Ambien Message board quite interesting;
http://www.injurytalk.com/forums/p53821-2007-06-28-19:01:39.html

The third post down in the message board is interesting.

An HIV positive homeless man rapes a woman who is sleepwalking, most likely as a result of prescription drugs she is taking, and his attorney is arguing there should be implied consent because how did the homeless man know that the woman was sleepwalking??? And I am sure she consented to unprotected sex with a diseased man as well...

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14561039/detail.html

How would he know? I have a friend and a sister who have both have sleepwalking/sleep cooking episodes while taking Ambien. Another sister of mine DROVE to my home, on the other end of town, came in and had a cup of tea and we had the BEST conversation we've ever had! Guess what, she was "sleep walking" on AMbien. She had zero memory of the visit the next day. My other sister is the sleep cooker----she got up in the morning and the kitchen was a royal mess, she'd cooked all kinds of stuff in the night. No memory of it. My friend had a "sleep fight" with her husband. She woke him up, started a loud and vicious argument, he stormed out of the home and the next morning she's scratching her head saying "Where's Jeff?"

My personal visit with my sleep driving, sleep visiting sister is that I never would have suspected she was sleeping. She looked bright eyed and bushy tailed, even remembered to pick up her reading glasses off the table on her way out of the door!

I know my position isn't going to be popular, but I believe there is more than a reasonable chance that this homeless guy really did not know she was sleeping........not that it makes it ok for an infected person to EVER have unprotected sex with a non-infected person.

You know what else? Both of my sisters and my friend's doctors IMMEDIATELY took them off of Ambien after their "sleep episodes." It is interesting to hear that this girl has a history of sleepwalking........I would like to know if all her sleepwalking occurred after she began taking Ambien, and if so, what kind of nutjob doctor would continue to supply her with something he KNOWS causes her to be in harm's way.

I would say that the manufacturers of Ambien are in for a hell of a lawsuit then; imagine finding out that you have been raped while sleepwalking as a side effect of a drug that is a well documented side effect. As a "bonus" your attacker potentially is HIV +...perhaps the perp will jump on the bandwagon as well for his pain and suffering seeing how he was jailed...I have read nothing that indicates she said yes, however. Just standard defense attorney spin that her sleepwalking should be "implied consent" because how would the man know what she knew she was agreeing to. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds...

I'm willing to bet she learns to deal with sleepless nights now, and doesn't take Ambien anymore.

I used to sleep walk (no medication) and my parents were always worried about me. Fortunately, I never left the house.

Physically you look awake and can function; then it's just like a black out and you don't remember it on ambien.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back