Identified! OH - Dobbstown, 'Belle in the Well' WhtFem UP6259, 30-60, in cistern, Apr'81 - Louise Petersen

Just watched this detailed video on the case from Mysterious WV youtube channel
It has a lot of info.

There's a lot from census reports tracing Louise Peterson Flesher & her family. There's also a possible suggestion that Louise Peterson Flesher may have suffered from mental illness. One of her daughters got married very young, and needed parental permission. As the video shows, on the marriage certificate, where Peterson Flesher should have signed as the mother it says "Mentally Ill- Can't sign"

Importantly, video also discusses what others have speculated on this thread, that the area where Peterson Flesher was found was isolated & rural & someone would "have to be familiar with the property in question to even know that the cistern is there."

Also, the original files from the 1981 investigation cannot be located.

Last edited:
Just watched this detailed video on the case from Mysterious WV youtube channel
It has a lot of info.

There's a lot from census reports tracing Louise Peterson Flesher & her family. There's also a possible suggestion that Louise Peterson Flesher may have suffered from mental illness. One of her daughters got married very young, and needed parental permission. As the video shows, on the marriage certificate, where Peterson Flesher should have signed as the mother it says "Mentally Ill- Can't sign"

Importantly, video also discusses what others have speculated on this thread, that the area where Peterson Flesher was found was isolated & rural & someone would "have to be familiar with the property in question to even know that the cistern is there."

Also, the original files from the 1981 investigation cannot be located.

I wonder who owned that property. A records search could help shed light on her murder. Who had lived on the property, worked on it etc. Poor Louise. Mentally ill,and thrown away, then murdered ,and dumped in a well. Love Mysterious West Virginia. Sean Mccracken is the best. His voice, delivery, the Jackets, the intro music.

I wonder who owned that property. A records search could help shed light on her murder. Who had lived on the property, worked on it etc. Poor Louise. Mentally ill,and thrown away, then murdered ,and dumped in a well. Love Mysterious West Virginia. Sean Mccracken is the best. His voice, delivery, the Jackets, the intro music.

You're absolutely right on everything. It's just such a sad case.

As for Mysterious WV, just getting into it. Sean McCracken does a good job covering the cases without being sensationalist. Will be binge watching for sure!

I love Mysterious WV too! I love that he does the field work and you can see the actual sites. He also uses a lot of historical resources and digs up some things that other channels don't.

Just saw the Mysterious WV episode on Louise. It looks like Louise might've abandoned the family, as I've done some digging on ancestry and there are public records dating after 1950, which shows her living in Las Vegas (maybe she left earlier than people said?).
IMO

I demand an update on the prepress of her case. I am outright angered at the possibility that her killer could still be out there — or may have even passed away peacefully. Someone contact Parabon or whoever ASAP.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back