GUILTY OH - Dr Gulam Moonda, 69, shot to death on Ohio Turnpike, 13 May 2005

Thanks, Turbo, for posting the updated links to this!

I hope the family gets answers soon.

No charges have been filed in connection with the slaying, but the Ohio Highway Patrol has called Bradford "a person of interest" in the case.

Confidential informants have told investigators Bradford and Donna Moonda, 46, met in a drug rehabilitation clinic in Beaver County and were having an affair. Bradford told investigators that Donna Moonda was seeking a divorce from her husband and a settlement of between $3 million and $4 million, various court documents state.

Pittsburgh attorney James Ecker filed papers yesterday in Beaver County Court that call Bradford's $50,000 bond and the detention order placed against him "excessive and oppressive."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/regional/s_342750.html

This story is like so "classic", the name Peter Demeter comes to mind. Almost the same circumstances......

KDKA: Slain Doctor's Wallet Found

A wallet belonging to a Mercer County doctor killed on the Ohio Turnpike was found in a wooded area less than 12 miles east of the spot where the victim was robbed and shot to death last spring, the Ohio State Highway Patrol said...

Moonda's wallet, taken during the robbery, was found - along with "other related items" that investigators declined to discuss - by a man walking in Boston Township, authorities said Sunday.

The items were close enough to the highway to have been thrown from a vehicle, Lt. Rick Zwayer said.

Six weeks ago, the highway patrol said laborers along the turnpike had found evidence in the case and "some items that belonged to Dr. Moonda" on the median about 12 miles east of the crime scene.

No one has been charged in Moonda's murder...

Authorities allege that Donna Moonda, 46, and Damian Bradford, 23, of Center Township, Beaver County, who officials said met in drug rehab, were having an affair and that she planned to divorce her husband in hopes of obtaining up to $4 million. The doctor's will indicated she would get 20 percent of his estate - an estimated $1.2 million - and their home...

Bradford To Stand Trial For Alleged Assault

(KDKA/AP) McKeesport A man arrested during the investigation of the murder of a doctor on the Ohio turnpike last year will stand trial for allegedly assaulting a police officer.

Damian R. Bradford waived his preliminary hearing Monday on charges he assaulted a McKeesport officer while being arrested for public drunkenness on Thursday.

An officer said Bradford resisted attempts to cuff him and elbowed him in the face. Bradford's lawyer in the assault case, Michael DeRiso, said he believes police have a weak case.

More: http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_010002941.html

Murder Victim's Wife Subpoenaed

Bradford Admitted To Affair With Donna Moonda

POSTED: 6:10 pm EDT June 14, 2006
UPDATED: 6:24 pm EDT June 14, 2006

CLEVELAND -- Channel 11 has learned new details about the murder of Dr. Gulam Moonda.

Someone shot and killed the Mercer County man along the Ohio Turnpike last year.

His wife Donna and her mother were in the car at the time.

Now, they may be called to testify in the trial of Damian Bradford.

He admitted to an affair with Donna, and he's the only man charged in the killing.

Days after the crime Donna hired an attorney and refused to talk.

Now, she may be called to testify in the trial of her former lover.

Federal prosecutors said they will subpoena Donna and her mother Dorothy Smouse to testify in the trial of Bradford.

Bradford, 24, who prosecutors said was having an affair with Donna is accused of killing Moonda.

Donna and her mother told police that they had stopped along the turnpike to switch drivers when a vehicle pulled in behind them.

Donna said that someone wearing a hood robbed her husband and then shot and killed him.

Donna and her mother both said they couldn't identify the shooter and they didn't get a good description of the vehicle.

Moonda has not been charged, but prosecutors said the have cell phone records indicating that calls were made from her phone to Bradford's phone on the day of the killing.

Prosecutors said they also have tracking information from cell phone towers indicating that Bradford's phone was near the Ohio Turnpike when Moonda was murdered. more at the link http://www.wpxi.com/target11/9371739/detail.html

Wonder what's taking them so long to indict the wife? She is as guilty as Bradford...I hope her and her mom don't have access to the husband's money at this time...That's what she was after in the first place.

Mama-cita said:
Wonder if he will roll over on Donna to get reduced sentence? Something about that woman does not seem right to me!
Good call....

I am going to post the updates....it started happening really fast once his trial date was approaching...then she said she was going to take the Fifth and then they reported that he was cutting a deal....I'll bet she was sweating that day....then he did cut a deal....17 years in federal prison and he will testify at any upcoming trials......then they issued a warrant for her arrest and then she turned herself in.

This was a long time coming......I am hoping that she will get what is coming to her...two days after the accident and she was on TV "crying" (not a tear fell) how wonderful her husband was and how could anyone do this......blah blah blah.....I knew then that she was involved........

I will try to get these in order....

July 14, 2006: Widow Forced To Testify In Doctor's Shooting Case

July 18, 2006: Widow Will Take Fifth Amendment In Bradford Trial

July 21, 2006: Suspect In Doctor's Slaying Strikes Deal With Prosecutors

July 25, 2006: Love Triangle Lands Wife In Jail, Lover Strikes Deal

July 25, 2006: Doctor's Widow Surrenders To Authorities

July 28, 2006: Doctor's Widow Appears In Court

and today......Will Donna Moonda be released from jail?
http://www.wpxi.com/news/9607021/detail.html

From July 2007:

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/regional/s_517865.html#axzz3mutb2Sqe

A federal jury today spared the life of a Mercer County woman who hired her lover to kill her husband.

Jurors deliberated for nearly five hours before deciding to send Donna Moonda, 48, of Hermitage, to prison for the rest of her life for plotting and helping in the May 13, 2005, execution of Dr. Gulam Moonda, 69, along the Ohio Turnpike near Cleveland...

Bradford, who was the key witness against Donna Moonda, was sentenced last week to 17 1⁄2 years in prison as part of a plea-bargain arrangement with prosecutors.

It never fails to astound me how these felons think they will never be found out!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back