GUILTY OH - Eileen Adams, 14, Toledo, 18 Dec 1967

Jury deliberating case. I sure hope it doesn't take them long, and that they don't have another hung jury!

Jury deliberates in retrial of 1967 killing

TOLEDO — A man accused of killing a 14-year-old Ohio schoolgirl in 1967 and dumping her body in Michigan revealed details in talks with detectives that showed he knew more about what happened than they did, a prosecutor told jurors before they began deliberating today.
Robert Bowman is accused of snatching Eileen Adams, a freshman who was on her way home from her Toledo high school, and holding her captive in his basement for days before killing her. The case stumped detectives for decades until they took another look at it just five years ago.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111027/NEWS06/111027004/Jury-deliberates-retrial-1967-Ohio-killing

I want to know if old boy was suspected in any other cases

Here are some links to other websites and articles about the abduction and murder of Eileen Marie Adams. Back in 1969, some investigators believed that her murder was linked to a series of of murders which started in 1967 known as the Co-ed murders of Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti, Michigan. John Norman Collins was convicted of one of those murders, but someone else was arrested and convicted of another in recent years (besides Bowman).

LINKS:

-------------------------------------------------------------
EILEEN ADAMS - 14 yo - (1967) Toledo OH

www.justice4caylee.org/t17006-eileen-adams-14-yo-1967-toledo-oh

Suspect in 1967 killing denies snatching Ohio girl Posted 10/26/2011 2:50 PM ET ... schoolgirl in 1967 and dumping her body in Michigan testified Wednesday there ... has pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of Eileen Adams, a Toledo high ... Bowman said, according to the Associated Press, but 'I'm not responsible for .

---------------------------------------------------------

Man who sexually assaulted, brutally murdered girl he ...
articles.nydailynews.com/2011-10-29/news/30337867_1_robert-bowman-eileen-ad..
Oct 29, 2011 ... TOLEDO, Ohio - A man accused of snatching a teenager on her way home from school in 1967 and ... Robert Bowman during trial for the 1967 killing of Eileen Adams in Toledo, Ohio. ... But "I'm not responsible for that. ... back of her head before her body was dumped in southern Michigan, prosecutors said.

----------------------------------------------------
AMW | Fugitives | Robert Bowman | Case
www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=44921

Nov 24, 2008 ... Since 1967, Ohio cops say Robert Bowman has literally gotten away with ... rape and murder of 14-year-old Eileen Adams in Toledo, Ohio some 40 years ago, ... Then, she says, he made her help dump the body in a farmer's field in Michigan. ... They went and interviewed him about Eileen Adams' murder.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Eileen Adams Murder | Chilling murder case heats up 40 years ...
articles.latimes.com/2007/jan/21/news/adna-forgotten21

Jan 21, 2007 ... The drifter was Robert Bowman, suspected of killing 14-year-old Eileen Adams in 1967. Her body, discovered just outside Toledo, was ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Arrest near in unsolved 1967 murder of Eileen Adams - id 3287 ...
www.toledotalk.com/cgi-bin/comments.pl/27/3287

Arrest near in unsolved 1967 murder of Eileen Adams - The Blade reports ... Eileen Adams, 13, of Toledo, Ohio, was kidnapped in December, 1967, and ... coming from another room in the basement (I'm thinking maybe a dry cellar ...). ... the poor little girl's body off the side of the road in southern Michigan.

---------------------------
Eileen Adams Murder 1967

csafd.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=drusjodin&action=print&thread=84

General » Repeat Offenders » Eileen Adams Murder 1967 ... Eileen Adams, 14, a freshman at Central Catholic High School in Toledo, Ohio vanishes just one week before Christmas, abducted when she ... Then, she says, he made her help dump the body in a farmer's field in Michigan. .... But “I'm not responsible for that.

--------------------------------------
Arrest of an "AMW"fugitive Robert Bowman for 1967 murder of

helpfindthemissing.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-7934.html -

Cop's Chance Meeting Leads to Arrest in 1967 Murder ... TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — A chance meeting two years ago between a police officer and a man whose ... on Monday where authorities want him to face charges in the kidnapping and killing of Eileen Adams. ... I'm so glad they finally caught this guy.

------------------------------------------------------------------
John Norman COLLINS - Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

murderpedia.org/male.C/c/collins-john-norman.htm

Norman Collins (1967-1969) aka "The Michigan Murderer" was a 30-year old resident of Ypsilanti, Michigan, and he killed 7 female students at Eastern ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bowman Murder Trial & verdict(Cold Ohio Case)

mockforums.net/thread-6272.html

Eileen Adams, a freshman in high school, was abducted from Toledo ... Her frozen body was found in a field in Whiteford Township, Michigan on January 30, 1968. .... he kidnapped and killed a 14-year-old Toledo school girl back in 1967, ... I'm glad my plan worked but after I thought about it I think it would ...

Offender Details

ROBERT BOWMAN
Number: A614937
DOB: 04/16/1936
Race: White

Admission Date: 11/10/2011
Institution: Toledo Correctional Institution

Offense Information
MURDER Counts: 1 ORC: 2901.01 1

Committing County: LUCAS
Admission Date: 11/10/2011
Degree of Felony: First
No Victim Information Available

Sentence Information
Minimum Sentence: 20 years
Maximum Sentence: Life
Expiration of Max Sentence: 01/01/8888

Source:
Ohio Inmate Locator

LINK:

http://www.drc.state.oh.us/OffenderSearch/Search.aspx

Some news summaries from October 2011 trail:

17 October 2011
TOLEDO -- Just over a month ago, a Toledo jury couldn't reach a verdict in a four decade old case involving the kidnapping and murder of a Sylvania Twp. teen. But by Monday morning, new members of the jury had been selected, toured all the key locations in the case and were ready to begin the retrial of 75-year-old Robert Bowman.

Bowman is accused of kidnapping and holding 14-year-old Eileen Adams in his basement for days before killing her in 1967. According to the Associated Press, the prosecutors were "more graphic this time in describing how the girl was found in southern Michigan with her skull shattered and a nail driven into the back of her head.

"Prosecutors also planned to use dog hair found at the crime scene to link Bowman to the murder. Prosecutors say Bowman had a dog with white hair similar to the strands authorities discovered at the time of the killing.

Today's testimony includes opening statements from the prosecutors and the defense, as well as the first witnesses. Bowman has pleaded not guilty to murder.

---------------------------
October 2011
TOLEDO -- The man accused of snatching 14-year-old Eileen Adams as she left school and dumping her body in a remote Michigan field in 1967 denied ever knowing the girl during the retrial on Wednesday.Robert Bowman, 75, accused Toledo police detectives and his ex-wife of making up evidence against him and that he only knew what the court told him about the girl.Margaret Bowman told jurors she witnessed Adams alive and bound in her basement. She also said Bowman threatened to kill her and her child if she did not help him dump the body.

"No, I did not," he told jurors. "That isn't something I would do."

Unlike his first trial, which ended in a hung jury, Bowman took the stand in his own defense on Wednesday. He has pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors maintain the semen evidence found on the victim's underwear links the crime to Bowman and there is only a one in 4 million chance it came from anyone else.Bowman couldn't explain how his DNA ended up on the victim's clothing told jurors, "Anything's possible."

Jurors will hear closing arguments on Thursday. Bowman faces life in prison if convicted.
-----------------------------
28 OCTOBER 2011
TOLEDO, OHIO -- Jurors have found a 75-year-old man guilty of first-degree murder in the cold case killing of a 14-year-old Sylvania teen.

Robert Bowman was sentenced to life in prison Friday after being convicted of the murder of Eileen Adams. The high school student was killed in 1967 after disappearing on her way home from school. Her body was found weeks later wrapped in a rug in a Monroe, Mich. field.

In August, a jury did not reach a unanimous decision after several weeks of testimony in Bowman's first trial. In his second trial, prosecutors said during closing arguments that DNA evidence from the victim's clothing and testimony from the suspect's ex-wife, who said she saw the girl tied up in their basement, proved Bowman's guilt. They also said Bowman told detectives intimate details about how the girl was tied up when she found dead.

Bowman is said to have snatched Adams, on her way home from her Toledo high school, and holding her captive in his basement for days before killing her. The case stumped detectives for decades until they took another look at it just five years ago.

The murder case stood as Toledo's oldest cold case. Police didn't connect Bowman with the killing until the early 1980s when his former wife told investigators she had seen the girl tied up in their basement. Authorities said her story wasn't enough to bring charges at the time.

The jury of nine reached their verdict late Friday morning after nine hours of deliberation.

The Michigan Co-ed Murders of 1967-69

Back in July of 1969, there was some serious speculation by law enforcement officers and news paper reporters that Eileen Marie Adams' murder was directly linked to a series of murders of young women and girls which was occurring in the Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti area of Michigan.

Some things noted in Eileen's case seemed to match with other cases.

I feel that the murder of Dawn Basom, 13, of Ypsilanti, Michigan was related directly to the murder of Eileen Marie Adams, also 13, of Toledo, Ohio.

Both girls were held for a time at a farm house.
Both were strangled with electrical/phone wiring.
Both were mutilated in some way after death.
And the brassiers of both girls were twisted in a matching fasion.

The fact that these two girls were much younger than most of the other Michigan victims sets them apart.

I think also that the disappearance of Cynthia Coon, age 13, in January 1970 from Ann Arbor, Michigan could be related to the murders of Basom and Adams.

But wasn't someone else convicted for those murders? The michigan co-ed ones?

But wasn't someone else convicted for those murders? The michigan co-ed ones?

A large Police task force was assembled to cover different jurisdictions and the general consensus was that there were 7 murders of young women which were the work of a single serial killer - or possibly of a team of serial killers working together.

In late July 1969, John Norman Collins was arrested and charged with the abduction and murder of the most recent victim, 18-year-old Karen Sue Beineman. Her murder was the ONLY one that he was ever convicted of and he remains in prison in Marquette, MI to this day.

Investigators were not all in agreement on whether or not he had killed the other six designated "Co-ed Killer" victims. While some thought that Eileen Marie Adams should also be included as the "8th Victim", she never was officially designated as such.

In 2005, one of the origional 7 cases - that of Jane Mixer's murder - was solved through DNA testing and a Michigan man named Gary Leiterman was convicted of her murder.

So... to date, five of the origional seven cases remain "unsolved" in that no one has been convicted or charged, and no one has ever confessed to having committed them. (Collins maintains his innocence.)

Collins had a close companion room mate by the name of Andrew Manuel, (alias Richard Diaz alias John Stowtack) who traveled across the country with him to California and back to Michigan. There are four unsolved cases of murdered women in California that are believed by some to have been committed by Collins or by both men acting together. Manuel, however, was never charged in any murders in either Michigan or California. In exchange for his cooperation against Collins, he was given a light sentence for theft of a camping trailer.

In my own opinion, Manuel certainly knew of Collins's crimes and probably participated in them. He also may have commited some of the murders independantly of Collins. There is one case, known in these threads as "Lompoc Jane Doe" which matches very close to some of the Michigan and California murders, but it occurred AFTER Collins was in Michigan Custody and while Manuel was on the run in California.

In looking at the various victims and their individual cases, I feel that Dawn Basom's murder seems to fit the pattern of the Eileen Adams' murder much more than any of the other murders more closely linked to Collins.

And the disappearance of Cynthia Coon, age 13, from Ann Arbor in January 1970 also could fit the pattern of the Basom and Adams cases. By the time Cynthia disappeared, Collins was in jail.

Obviously, there were AT LEAST three separate killers (Collins, Bowman, and Leiterman) operating in Michigan during the same time frame, and possibly more (Andrew Manuel?). I believe that looking at each of those unsolved cases with new eyes could bring about some resolution.

In regard to Robert Bowman, I find it impossible for him to have committed such a brutal torture and murder of a little 13-year-old girl back in December 1967, and then for him to have gone on to live the life of an innocent lamb for 44 years afterward.

To have accelerated to such cold blooded, uncaring barbarity, he must have committed other similar crimes both before and after he abducted, tortured, and murdered Eileen Marie Adams. How many and who?

But then, that's just my own theory.

Knowing where Robert Bowman was at various times and when he was there would very likely provide some solid leads to long unsolved cases. Has anyone seen a chronology on this dirt bag?

14-Year-Old Disappears

14-year-old Eileen Adams was on her way home from Central Catholic High School in Toledo when she disappeared. Her raped and murdered body was found a month-and-a-half later.

December 18, 1967. Eileen Adams, 14, a freshman at Central Catholic High School in Toledo, Ohio vanishes just one week before Christmas, abducted when she stepped off the school bus and headed towards her sister's home in West Toledo.

Eileen told a friend she was going Christmas shopping, but she was never seen again.

About six weeks later, on January 31, 1968, Eileen's frozen body was found in a field in nearby rural Monroe County, Mich.

The body was clothed, wrapped in a mattress cover with bound hands and feet. She had telephone cord looped around her neck and a forehead wound from where her attacker had hammered a nail into her skull postmortem.

The horrific crime shattered the Toledo community, which was more used to "Ozzie and Harriet" than Hitchcock. For months, it was all anyone could talk about. No one came forward. No one knew anything, or so it seemed.

And for years, the case was unsolved.

"But," he said, "if I get off-topic steer me back on. I have Alzheimers and I get confused easily." ...

... Then, in December 1981, a woman came forward to the Toledo Police. She had an unbelievable story for them. She told police that her husband murdered a girl in 1967.

She remembered every detail. Including how she walked in to the fruit cellar in her basement one day and found Eileen naked and bound to her wall. Cops say she told them her husband had had Eileen down there for days, maybe even weeks. She says that when she saw her, "hanging like Jesus," she was alive. Eileen's eyes pleaded for a rescue and she tried to talk through the gags in her mouth. But before Mrs. Bowman could help the young girl down off the wall, her husband heard her scream.

When she asked Bowman about it, she says he went downstairs and killed the high school freshman. Then, she says, he made her help dump the body in a farmer's field in Michigan.

Fear of prosecution and her husband kept her away all those years, but after 14 years she finally fessed up to police. They found her story very credible. ...

Source:

Robert "Bob, Bo" Brent Bowman - Crimeshots True Crime Forums

LINK:

Robert "Bob, Bo" Brent Bowman - Crimeshots© True Crime Forums

Here are some links to news stories about this case:

www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2011/08/12/Murder-victim-s-sister-testifies.html

www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/29/robert-bowman-life-in-prison_n_1065167.ht...

www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=680070

www.liveleak.com/view?i=af8_1313501609

• EILEEN ADAMS - 14 yo - (1967) Toledo OH Oct 26, 2011 ... Robert Bowman has pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of Eileen Adams, a Toledo high school freshman who vanished on her way home ...
www.justice4caylee.org/t17006-eileen-adams-14-yo-1967-toledo-oh
mockforums.net/thread-6272.html

articles.latimes.com/2007/jan/21/news/adna-forgot

I know there have to be other victims out there. Eileen can't be the only girl he killed.

I agree. How many others were there? This maggot was free and loose for years before he was finally put away.

There was that girl that was found dead in a field in michigan. They just id her body. happened in the 70s-she was most likely taken from a bus as Eileen was.

It will be 50 years this coming Monday that she was taken. R.I.P.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back