OH OH/FL/LA/MS/CA - GLEN EDWARD ROGERS, Cross-Country Killer, Casanova Killer

Serial killers lie......it is a proven fact......many confess to crimes they did not commit......some also confess to murders they did commit......on this it can and often does go either way. They all compete to be more famous than the ones before......and will do or say whatever they need to in an attempt to make that happen. I think it is horrible that everytime these things are aired......the families have to relive it all again.

Maid's gory discovery leads police on cross-country murder trail
Harlan Daily Enterprise
November 9 , 1995
In Mississippi, 34-year-old Linda Price's body was found inher apartment bathtub Friday. Jackson police estimate she had been dead at least three days.
Lawmen say drifter was easy-going, sweet-talking, and deadly
By Michael Fleeman, AP
November 12,1995
Police say Rogers took a Greyhound bus to Jackson, MS, where in mid-October he met Linda Price, 34, at the state fair. The pair lived for a few weeks in her apartment.
fk7i.jpg

Smooth Operator
By Bill Hewitt
People
December 4, 1995
Arriving in Jackson, Miss., around Oct. 1, Rogers moved into the local Holiday Inn. On Oct. 14 he was at the Mississippi State Fair in Jackson when he met Linda Price, 34, a single mother of two. For Price, at least, it was love at first sight. "Linda's eyes lit up when she talked about him, like she'd never talked about anybody in her life," her mother, Carol Wingate, later told a reporter. Wingate had no trouble seeing Rogers's appeal. "You don't say a man is beautiful, but he is beautiful," said Wingate. "And charm? That isn't the word. He hugged me and told me, 'You're the prettiest mother and grandmother I've ever seen.' He made me feel so good." A few weeks later, though, Wingate was unable to reach her daughter on the phone. On Nov. 3, Jackson police found Linda dead in an apartment she had just taken with Rogers. She had been stabbed four times in the back and chest, and her throat had been cut.

Florida Capital Cases
http://www.floridacapitalcases.state.fl.us/case_updates/Htm/124400.htm
Sentencing Judge: The Honorable Diana M. Allen Attorney, Trial: Nick Sinardi – Esquire
Attorney, Direct Appeal: A. Anne Owens – Assistant Public Defender
Attorneys, Collateral Appeals: Richard Kiley and James Viggiano – CCRC-M

Date of Offense: 11/05/95
Date of Sentence: 07/11/97

Circumstances of Offense:

Glen Edward Rogers was convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of Tina Marie Cribbs.

On 11/05/95, Tina Marie Cribbs was seen leaving the Showtown Barn in Tampa with Glen Edward Rogers. On 11/07/95, a cleaning person found Cribbs in a Tampa motel room. She had been stabbed in the chest and the buttocks. According to Cribbs’ mother, Tina always wore a sapphire and diamond ring and a gold watch. These pieces of jewelry were not found with Cribb’s body.

A bartender told police that Rogers had bought drinks for Cribbs and her friends. Later, Rogers asked Cribbs for a ride. Cribbs told her friends that she would be back shortly to meet her mother. Cribbs’ mother arrived at the bar and paged Cribbs because she had not returned to the bar.

A motel clerk said that Rogers had arrived in a cab at the motel a few days prior to the murder. On 11/05/95, Rogers paid for another night and asked that no one clean his room. The clerk then observed Rogers packing suitcases into a White Ford Festiva. On 11/13/95, Rogers was arrested in Kentucky driving Cribb’s car, which he claimed a girl had loaned him. Rogers also claimed that the girl was alive when he left.

Several days earlier, on 11/06/95, Cribbs wallet was found at a rest area on Interstate-10 in North Florida. Fingerprints lifted from the wallet and the Tampa motel room were matched to Rogers.
Victim's mother puts life on hold for suspects' trial
Sarasota Herald Tribune
April 28, 1997
Dicke reported her daughter's absence to police, but they believed Cribbs, a 34-year-old bartender and single mom who hung out at rough bars, probably was "just having a good time and I didn't know it," Dicke said.
"Nothing ever came easy for her, and I mean nothing," her mother said.
Suspected serial killer sentenced to the electric chair
By Pat Leisner, AP
July 11, 1997
Rogers, 34, stood shackled hand and foot facing Circuit Judge Dana Allen as the judge followed a unanimous jury recommendation in teh November 5, 1995, death of Tina Marie Cribbs, a stranger Rogers met at a bar.

Cribbs was alive and conscious, and was struggling as two deep stab wounds were inflicted, the knife twisted each time at a 90-degree angle, the judge said in her sentencing...

"Her life blood was flowing down the bathtub drain."

Despite Trail of Bodies, Suspect Crosses Country, Eluding Police
AP
Published: November 12, 1995
Mr. Rogers was last seen on Thursday outside the Bossier City, La., apartment of Andy Jiles Sutton, 37, whose slashed body was found that day on a water bed inside.
Suspected Serial Killer Is Arrested in Kentucky
AP
Published: November 14, 1995
Andy Jiles Sutton, 37, of Bossier City., La. Her slashed body was found on Thursday on a punctured waterbed in her apartment. She was an acquaintance of Mr. Rogers.
Alleged Serial Killer Captured : Crime: Glen Rogers is arrested after high-speed pursuit in Kentucky.
November 14, 1995
HENRY CHU and NICHOLAS RICCARDI | SPECIAL TO THE TIMES
"I pulled up beside him and was able to get a look at him," Detective Robert Stephens said. "I knew it was him."
After taking a long swig of beer, Rogers threw an empty can at the police cruiser and sped off, reaching 100 m.p.h., and at one point driving between two other patrol cars serving as a roadblock, Stephens said. He was run off the road after a 15-mile chase, then quickly taken into custody--smelling of alcohol and looking dazed, authorities said. Police said they fired a single shot during the pursuit, but no one was injured.

"I hope they do to him a whole lot worse than he did to her," said Billy Morton, who manages the bar in Bossier City, La., where slaying victim Andy Jiles Sutton met Rogers.

"Does Kentucky have capital punishment?" asked Sutton's friend, bartender Denise Hogue. "If not, tell them they need to invest in that or send him back here and let us do it."

Drifter suspected in slayings caught

Rogers claims victim was alive when he last saw her

Judge keeps slayings suspect jailed
Sarasota Herald Tribune
May 3,1996
After a long delay, Glen Rogers is quickly and quietly whisked out of Kentucky and ordered held in Tampa until his trial
Brother tells jurors of killer's childhood

Mother wants accused serial killer to never forget

Rogers gets death sentence for stabbing

Glen Rogers, the Cross-Country Killer
trutv, Crime Library
by Katherine Ramsland
Epilogue
In April 2005, Rogers filed another appeal, which is still pending. In the event his death sentence is ever overturned, based on a charge of prosecutorial misconduct, it will nullify his eligibility in California to be executed. Perhaps Louisiana or Mississippi will step forward. Once can only wonder who Rogers might blame in those murders. Although he claims the experience has taught him the reality of coincidence, it's doubtful that any jury looking at his case will agree.

Attachments

• Rogers, Glen.pdf
    60.4 KB · Views: 7
I just watched the ID special last night. While it's really compelling what his 2 siblings say about him mentioning partying with Nicole, I noticed a big glaring problem. He said he did not even know the name of Nicole's football player husband to one of his siblings on the phone. So how then did he go from not even knowing his name to being hired by OJ to do the 'theft' that resulted in killing? OJ, this big famous man, met him and immediately trusted him so much that he'd hire him to do a job like that? A drifter ? A guy he's only known a very few days or less? And then OJ goes back to the scene after?

This reminds me of something I have wondered a long time. Lie detector tests are used by LE for lots of things, but why not in a case like this? This man claims to have killed 70 people. Why not give him a LDT and see if that number is accurate ? I would say, if I were in a position to do so, that I'd consider giving him life instead of death if he could clear up another 65 or so cold cases by naming names and locations,etc. And give him a LDT to 'prove' he was the killer of these other people , as well as Nicole Simpson.

My sister was stopped in traffic one day in Lexington, when GER had been identified, and the police were looking for him nationwide. She looked into her rear-view mirror, and saw him driving the car behind her! She said she could tell by the look on his face that he knew she had recognized him. It was a very frightening moment for her....but, the light changed, and she drove on, and nothing happened. He was arrested not long afterward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back