OH OH - Garfield Heights, East 81st St, BlkMale 18-21, UP1878, note from Cynthia & Boo Boo, Sep'91

I thought about Yogi Bear when I saw the names on the note.... well, there's a Cindy and Boo-Boo.

IMOO.

A user on reddit has possibly located the name of the shoes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Cr...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Looks to be a match to me. These are apparently rare sneakers.

They aren't rare by any means, except for finding a mint pair now that they haven't been made in so long.

Back then, these shoes were mass marketed, so it's unlikely going to be a huge help.

However, it does give us some starting ground. First off, it gives us a cut-off date. The body was found September 11, 1991. I can't find the intro date for those shoes, but let's go with the ebay listing and say 1990. That gives us almost a year window, given the remains were near skeleton. Honestly, probably less given the state of the note and shoes.

Location of the body seems to be in the woods here : https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...2e85e7b9c088d9e!8m2!3d41.424706!4d-81.6287841

I'm not seeing many red flags of spots nearby.

I had friends with a small daughter, she was about 3-4 years old at the time, and she had made up a nickname for herself: Boo Boo. They used to call her that all the time, until she grew out of it. I think this note was from a girlfriend or wife (or maybe sister) with a small child. He was close enough to them to be familiar with the nickname.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3836dmnj.html CLWhite[1].jpg

Craig Lee White
Missing since February 23, 1990 from Whitesboro, Middle Township, Cape May County, New Jersey
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6-5'7"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair, brown eyes. Clean shaven and a light to medium dark complexion.
Clothing: Black pants; black and gray Adidas sweat shirt, grey jacket, and a black knit Raiders cap.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Craig White was seen leaving his home in the 400 block of Washington Avenue in Whitesboro about*18.00, with a relative in a pickup truck.
The two men were reportedly headed to the woods to cut some poles.
White told relatives he would be "right back," left a music box playing and the door to his room unlocked. He left money and other personal items there.
The relative said he saw White get into a dark vehicle with two women on West Main Street in Whitesboro on February 24.
White and the cousin with whom he was last seen were having problems because White was allegedly seeing the cousin's girlfriend.
White was to baby sit his son, who was 2 at the time. When the child’s mother went to the White’s home to drop off the child, she found Craig missing.
His mother didn't report Craig missing until a week later, hoping his disappearance was the case of a young man running off for a while.
Authorities at first believed he may have fled the area after his arrest on a minor narcotics charge following a sweep of housing projects in Cape May County. However, he has been known to show up for his court appearances - up until his disappearance.
In the following weeks, police and civilians spent hours combing the woods of Whitesboro looking for him.
Craig attended Middle Township High School, but dropped out in the 10th grade. He later worked with C&C Sanitation and at an Erma bus garage. He was unemployed at the time of his disappearance.
Foul play is suspected.
An indictment was handed up on April 17, 2007 against White's cousin, for the murder of Craig White in 1990. The indictment alleges the cousin purposely or knowingly caused the death of Craig White in February 1990. He is awaiting trial. White has never been located.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/119dmtx.html
DGalvan[1].jpg

Name: David Joseph Galvan
Case Classification: Endangered Runaway
Missing Since: December 10, 1989
Location Last Seen: Manor, Travis County, Texas
Physical Description
Date of Birth: July 24, 1973
Race: Hispanic
Height: 5'7" - 5'8"
Weight: 100 - 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Joe Galvan
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He has a scar under his right eye and his left ear lobe is pierced with a gold stud earring. He suffers from depression.
Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Turquoise t-shirt with a horse on the front under a blue flannel checkered jacket, blue jeans and brown boots
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance
Galvan was last seen on December 10, 1989. His family told authorities that he was depressed due to the death of his father in 1984, but stated he was not suicidal. Galvan frequently visited East Austin, Texas. He has not been seen nor heard from since.

I'm wondering if Boo Boo was maybe the name of a stuffed animal. I have a stuffed cat my dad got me when I was very young and everyone in our family knew it's name. Perhaps the mother is writing the letter, to Cynthia's father, and boo boo is in reference to a stuffed animal or something he knew about. Especially if he had purchased it for her, or it was very meaningful. I know it doesn't help at all, but I just don't feel like someone would refer to their unborn baby as boo boo. Thats just my opinion though!

I'm wondering if Boo Boo was maybe the name of a stuffed animal. I have a stuffed cat my dad got me when I was very young and everyone in our family knew it's name. Perhaps the mother is writing the letter, to Cynthia's father, and boo boo is in reference to a stuffed animal or something he knew about. Especially if he had purchased it for her, or it was very meaningful. I know it doesn't help at all, but I just don't feel like someone would refer to their unborn baby as boo boo. Thats just my opinion though!

The letter makes reference to "Daddy" so that is why Boo Boo may be a child.

Text of note: "For Daddy We can't wait to see you! Love Cynthia and Boo Boo Miss You"

At first I honestly thought BooBoo was an animal.. Because when you don't have kids you sign your cards with your animals names and they Are your kids.. I know my friend calls his dog his son.. and I have a friend who actually has a cat Named Boo Boo Kitty..I have given birthday?xmas cards and a present to my husband that say to Daddy from Lady and our cats names. Yes I am one of them! I think BooBoo can mean different things to different people. I think the clue would be finding who Cynthia was...

What if both Cynthia and boo boo were his daughters and boo boo was the nickname of one of his daughters???

Hi all,

I was browsing "The Doe Network" the other day and I wanted to discuss three obscure cases that stuck out in my mind, and explain why they resonated with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1117UMOH. 1117UMOH Unidentified black male, found in 1991 in Ohio. Aged between 18-21, COD unknown.
In his right sneaker was a note that read:

"For Daddy
We can't wait to see you!
Love
Cynthia and Boo Boo
Miss You"

I think what leapt out at me from this case was the note, which is, needless to say, utterly heartbreaking. Also, the case seems rather solvable compared to the many other John Doe cases. The letter suggests he had people in his life who truly cared about him and noticed him when he was gone. The inclusion of the name "Cynthia" could have been helpful to police as interviewing women named Cynthia in that area could have led to the identity of this young man.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

227UFTX. 227UFTX Unidentified white female, found in 1998 in Texas. Aged between 30-50, COD apparent suicide by gunshot.

What makes this case unusual to me is the method in which she chose to take her life: gunshot suicides are common with males but much less so with females. It makes me sad, because this woman clearly was struggling so much with life she wanted the most lethal way out possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally, possibly the most gut-wrenching:

3072UMPEI 3072UMPEI Unidentified male victim, race unknown, found in 2015 on Prince Edward Island, Canada. Newborn, COD undetermined but investigated as homicide.Found with him was a towel with a frog emblem on it.

When I looked at that frog, I wanted to cry. It is just so sad and frustrating. Someone cared about this tiny baby enough to gift that adorable towel to him, yet he remains unknown. This case is so recent too. Why is it not solved?

I think it's very possible that Cynthia is the daughter instead of the mother. Cynthia may have been too young to write yet and her mother or guardian may have written it for her. I agree, boo boo sounds more like a pet's name but it could be Cynthia's sibling, too. It would be interesting to see if there were any uncollected child support debts for a Cynthia of that age, and if there is any way to check that now?

Given JD's estimated age (18-21), I wonder if HE is BooBoo and was planning to visit his dad or someone close to dad with whom he'd leave the note? Maybe dad was in the military, prison, hospital, or some other place during an extended stay. Or, maybe he was a friend/relative of BooBoo and Cynthia? Whomever he was, the note's condition seems to hint at the fact that he wasn't carrying it in his shoe for very long, imo.

Confusing case for sure. :confused:

This case has been on my mind for a while:

1117UMOH

Victim was found September 11, 1991 behind a house on E. 81st Street in Garfield Heights, Ohio.

Description: Black Male, 18-21 yo. Light complexion. 5'5" - 5'7"
He wore a red short sleeved shirt and 34W x 30L blue jeans

In his shoe was a note that read:

For Daddy
We can't wait to see you!
Love, Cynthia and Boo Boo
Miss you!

(picture of note and shoes at Doe Network)

This UID obviously had someone who loved him....can we bring him home??
I’m from Garfield Hts born and raised after over viewing everything I don’t think he was from Ohio Garfield Hts at the time was Predominantly white

I’m from Garfield Hts born and raised after over viewing everything I don’t think he was from Ohio Garfield Hts at the time was Predominantly white
That doesn't mean he wasn't from Ohio! Easily could have been visiting a friend or worked nearby, etc. Even in the 90s, garfield was diversifying.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back