OH - Janelle Cintron, 4, & Cecess Hill, 2, drowned in bathtub, 1 Oct 2007 *Insanity*

There were two incidents of domestic abuse that I saw in the paper. I think they were two or so years ago. Right now each family is going to side with their loved one. Jamie's mother doesn't think it is right that every problem him and Amber had is being drug out like this is all Jamie's fault. Amber's family are pointing the finger at Jamie too. As Jamie's mother said..."Amber is the one who did this." We may never know why but in one of the videos they talked about the youngest girl only being 2 yrs old and the "New Baby Blues" as we used to call it...can affect a mother for as long as three years after a baby is born. A lot of people don't know what is wrong and don't go to a doctor. This mom was also going to school...raising two little girls and if she wasn't on any meds it might have just gotten to be to much for her.

They say that she just sits on her cot staring straight ahead without even moving. Something is wrong with this young lady. Before this she was a good mom that loved her girls and took good care of them. They will give her a psy eval and maybe we will know more.

Oh,, so there WAS domestic abuse..... now it is starting to make sense. Not that it excuses it,, of course.. but I can see why that lead this poor young lady to a breakdown. Hmmm.. the dad should have thought a little more about what affect it wold have on his family when he was beating the mom.
I wonder if anyone tried to get help for her/them when all this was going on?
So sad that so many people just see as par for the course.

I don't feel quite as sorry for the Dad anymore. I honestly think he helped kill them.

I am sorry but this woman is far from a poor woman. I dont care if she was abused as hard as that sounds, she KILLED her two babies, her flesh and blood. All she had to do was leave or kill herself, why the babies??? She had family to go to it seems. I am just sick and tired of these women killing their kids, no matter what it is that made them do it.

Hey, I'm just reporting what I've heard on tv! **ducking**

I don't think anything excuses what she did.

Hey, I'm just reporting what I've heard on tv! **ducking**

I don't think anything excuses what she did.
No ducking needed, I was just stating, not directed at you...lol I dont think I cant take anymore of these crazies hurting kids.

Father talks: (video)
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/14255861/detail.html

Cintron talked to NewsChannel5 on Tuesday. He said Hill had seemed depressed in the last couple of weeks and even spoke of suicide, but he said he had no idea his children were in danger until he got a call from Hill while he was at work.

(hate to say it but that reminded me of what Mr. Yates said at first)

I wonder if this guy is any relation to Nelson Cintron, a former city councilman with abuse charges hanging over his head.

Those poor little girls. They look so sweet, dressed up in matching shorts sets and playing together. Whatever the reason going on with their parents, they were innocent little children. Why do moms and dads have to do such ugly things to their babies! :banghead:

I totally feel completely 100% sorry for the father here.. Jesus Christ people you DON"T F&*^&*^ drown your children and kill them and then say oooooh well I was depressed oh I had bi-polar oooh I had the baby blues. Bull crap! The father was out busy working doing his part for the family like a father should be doing I don't care what their family life was like you don't kill your children and I don't blame this on anyone but the one who did it. The so called Mother!

I'm not saying it's okay to be abusive to a spouse but I didn't see anywhere in the links that this father was abusive to the children. Can't use the excuse that she was protecting them from him. Even if he wasn't an angel my heart goes out to him.

I'm not saying it's okay to be abusive to a spouse but I didn't see anywhere in the links that this father was abusive to the children. Can't use the excuse that she was protecting them from him. Even if he wasn't an angel my heart goes out to him.

I agree. I was an abused wife back when my daughter was four years old, but If anything ever happened to my little girl, my husband would have been completely and totally destroyed. Abuse sucks - and there isn't any excusing it - but devistation is devistation, and worthy of my sympathies.

Here's what gets me:

<Deondra Hurt, 19, who lives in the same two-story apartment building, said she heard the girls' father screaming and shouting. She later went to the apartment and saw their mother "on a couch, and she was just sitting there. She was a nice girl. It's real sad.">

hmmmm.. uhh, hello.. what was she thinking, "oh gosh, the kids are up there screaming bloody murder.. guess maybe I'll mozey up there a bit later and check in, see what's going on.."
reb, I believe it says she heard the girl's father screaming not the girl's. This is so sad.

HI Sleuthin,, thanks for clarifying.. as I said a few posts ago,, I misread that part.. for some reason missed the word "father". I thought the neighbor heard the girls screaming and had just ignored it til later. But now, I see what it said.... thanks! Gotta look harder next time.

So the father was a wife abusing ahole and the murder is a murderer. These girls never stood a chance. I'm sorry that the mother killed these two little girls and I think the mother is 100% responsible for this; however, I think dad needs to take a really good hard look in the mirror and try and figure out what he did that could cause the mother to murder her girls.

As far as I can tell there were 2 documented instances of domestic violence. I am in no way excusing violence, but while some are chalking this man up to be habitual abuser, we don't know the whole story behind the incidents.

I currently know an acquaintence that has 2 domestic violence charges against him and he has never been violent until it served his wife's purpose.

1.Wife left him and 2 children ages 5 & 1 for the weekend. She stated she was going out of town to visit G-ma. There was an emergency and he tried to get in touch with her and she was not there. She gets home 2 days later and she states she was with her internet lover and wants to leave hubby. She is standing at the door, he says fine, she turns to leave, he slams door. Door clips the back of her heel. She calls police....he is arrested.
2. Two days later, FIL gives SIL permission to enter his home to retrieve some needed tools for work. Wife happens to be there. He turns around to leave and wait in the drive til FIL comes back. She calls police. Arrested for violation of order.

I say she wants him to look bad. Now what appers on his record is slammed door on spouse, and violation of initial order. What appears on the record/what it looks like is a far cry from what happened.

We don't know the DV story. What we do know is that these children were killed by their mother and their father obviously loved them.

I heard on the news that he was ordered by a judge to stay away from her for an 18 month period. I can't find anything in our local court records to even document the 2 incidents that everyone is talking about on the news! Unless he goes by another name other than Jamie. There are many Cintron's on the list...

So sad. :(

As far as I can tell there were 2 documented instances of domestic violence. I am in no way excusing violence, but while some are chalking this man up to be habitual abuser, we don't know the whole story behind the incidents.

I currently know an acquaintence that has 2 domestic violence charges against him and he has never been violent until it served his wife's purpose.

1.Wife left him and 2 children ages 5 & 1 for the weekend. She stated she was going out of town to visit G-ma. There was an emergency and he tried to get in touch with her and she was not there. She gets home 2 days later and she states she was with her internet lover and wants to leave hubby. She is standing at the door, he says fine, she turns to leave, he slams door. Door clips the back of her heel. She calls police....he is arrested.
2. Two days later, FIL gives SIL permission to enter his home to retrieve some needed tools for work. Wife happens to be there. He turns around to leave and wait in the drive til FIL comes back. She calls police. Arrested for violation of order.

I say she wants him to look bad. Now what appers on his record is slammed door on spouse, and violation of initial order. What appears on the record and what it looks like is a far cry from what happened.

We don't know the DV story. What we do know is that these children were killed by their mother and their father obviously loved them.

Thank you for saying everything I wanted to....but much more eloquently!

We don't know the extent of the abuse charges.

She killed her two babies.

The two little Angels were buried togther in one casket.Riverside Cemetery,Cleveland.God hold them in the palms of your hands..

I'm sorry-but what exactly can a man do to make a mother kill her children? I could understand if she was so miserable she just couldn't take it and she killed herself. But her killing them babies was HER killing them babies. The last thing we need in this country is another defense for child murderers. I've known women who reported abuse far worse than this woman reported and they never took it out on there children.

From January 2009:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28824509/...m-not-guilty-drowning-daughters/#.VgxyarT8FWY

A mother charged with aggravated murder in the bathtub drownings of her two daughters was found not guilty by reason of insanity Friday.

A three-judge panel in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court determined that 23-year-old Amber Hill suffered from a severe mental disorder when she drowned her daughters on Oct. 1, 2007...

Sutula said evidence from both the court's forensic psychiatrist and a clinical psychologist obtained by the defense concluded that Hill had suffered from "a major depressive disorder with psychotic features."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back