Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of assumptions in this post.

Not sure why that quote you posted says it was originally posted by me, but I did not post that. Could you edit it please to reflect the actual poster?

I don't know, man. My gut says it's not him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

NOt being snarky! Is there something you thought about that makes you think not...maybe you have thought of some interesting notions!

Very necessary in speculating why he may turn up in that area. The whole point of Websleuthing is talking about what may have happened to missing persons, it's all speculation. And if in fact he was using multiple "cruising" apps, this may have been where the cruising meet-ups happen.

Ok well with that logic, did he walk from Union all the way down to Berliner? Perhaps he took the interstate during his walk?

I'm gay and have never heard of Berliner Park having a reputation of being a "cruising" park.... But regardless if that's true or not, why is it relevant or necessary to post?

Because if he's using pick-up apps he could also be using this park. <modsnip> I'm posting a fact folks and put your detective hats back on. Drive through that park on any given day and tell me how many guys you see sitting alone in their cars eyeballing everyone that drives through. Then tell me how many you see driving endlessly and parking in multiple spots for hours. Then get out and ask one if he's looking for a date. Then bring yourself back here and let me know if you now know it's a cruising park, and how it could quite possibly relate to this missing person.

Ok well with that logic, did he walk from Union all the way down to Berliner? Perhaps he took the interstate during his walk?

Agree he whole point of Websleuthing is talking about what may have happened to missing persons,

When you helped with distances, that is why I think vehicle invovled. It also fit in with going to bar for a drink and vansihing. He saw someone, thought he would be back in time for closing so did not mention he was going to step out for a bit. Just speculating.

But all along it seemed to me he had to leave intially volumtarily, it was packed so it seems to me that he could not have been abducted in the bar itself.

We need to remember he was very active on apps that night. Had a date.Maybe bombed. Goes online. The notion that on a friday night, in a packed bar, that someone would be on an app just to "chat" (as opposed to hook up), when there is a room full of options , right there ,just does not fit IMO

Do you guys think they will get this "cleared " up today or make family wait until tomm. I would think like iD in a pocket might make it quick to confirm - if had one. He drove.

VTX Agree with ya!! Once I had the name of the park - it took me 1.5 seconds to find the park in crusing guides. I agree with you. If it turns out to be him, very helpful to know the cruise park was near there. MIght actually explain the instant vanishing from the bar.

Well I Don't know there fine sir, but I do believe he told his aunt via his cell phone at 1:30am the night he disappeared that he was driving. So sounds to me like he was driving. And since it wasn't his car, one would assume it was someone else's car he was driving. Could even be someone from his cruising apps to the cruising park. Sounds like a great guess to me. Obviously I'm the only one connecting those dots.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/03/29/police-investigating-body-found-in-scioto-river/

Police said the body was clothed and didn't seem to be decomposing. I wonder if they will report the clothing he had on when found...

How incredibly sad and if it's Joey or not, my thoughts and prayers go out to this guys family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It may not be Joey then, if the body isn't far along in decomp. He's been missing 25 days. Then again "not far along" could mean the remains aren't skeletal yet.

Well I Don't know there fine sir, but I do believe he told his aunt via his cell phone at 1:30am the night he disappeared that he was driving. So sounds to me like he was driving. And since it wasn't his car, one would assume it was someone else's car he was driving. Could even be someone from his cruising apps to the cruising park. Sounds like a great guess to me. Obviously I'm the only one connecting those dots.

What or who gave you the information that Berliner was a cruising park?

Columbus police said they were notified at 1:16 p.m. that the body had been discovered near a boat ramp in the area of S. Front and Whittier street

How far is this from bar? Does it fit into where his car was parked?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/03/29/body-found-in-river.html

IF anyone who lives in the area can get a map or something for those of us not in the area that shows where the bar is - the river is in relation to the streets MENTIONED ABOVE , the ramp mentioned and where his car was parked it would help us out of towners tia

What" couple posts back it seems we seem to nationwide, have a bunch of young men who end deceased in rivers and LE concludes that they were so buzzed they accidently end up in some river.

I used to live right by s front and Whittier - this is technically brewery district / German village . This is very very far walk from Union. Speaking as if this is indeed Joey, I would assume that his body put in the water by olétangy river road and 5th avenue ... Or somewhere close to Victorian village . I'm guessing the body traveled down stream - on the other hand , if this is not Joey ( and it's very possible), there is huge population of homeless and drifters that collaborate and hang around that area. That area is very close to a bike path... In my experience , the bike path was unsafe to use as a single female- a lot of shady individuals flood the path- easy to pull someone aside without a soul noticing . This could very possibly be the body of a homeless person.
Guess this is a waiting game now ....

I never stated he frequented Berliner Park or any cruising spot. Just speculating that if in fact they have found him, that it is in close proximity to a cruising spot. Wether or not he himself was actually there cruising. Could be a perpetrator was cruising and snatched him up even. Who knows. I only loaded maps with areas of interest and those relevant to this case so that those Websleuthers who are not familiar with this area can get a good visual of the areas everyone is referring to.

It may not be Joey then, if the body isn't far along in decomp. He's been missing 25 days. Then again "not far along" could mean the remains aren't skeletal yet.

The water is still at about 40ish degrees. So I couldn't image decomposition would be far along in those temperatures.

I used to live right by s front and Whittier - this is technically brewery district / German village . This is very very far walk from Union. Speaking as if this is indeed Joey, I would assume that his body put in the water by olétangy river road and 5th avenue ... Or somewhere close to Victorian village . I'm guessing the body traveled down stream - on the other hand , if this is not Joey ( and it's very possible), there is huge population of homeless and drifters that collaborate and hang around that area. That area is very close to a bike path... In my experience , the bike path was unsafe to use as a single female- a lot of shady individuals flood the path- easy to pull someone aside without a soul noticing . This could very possibly be the body of a homeless person.
Guess this is a waiting game now ....

I agree with this quote. And that bike path feels very unsafe with all the shady individuals in that exact area.

I'm not sure what's going on with this site, but it doesn't seem to be correctly posting the appropriate person when you're quoting them. Could one of the administrators please correct this mistake?

It is happening because people have been posting "broken quotes". When it goes on this long, it is very time consuming to repair. I will be glad to follow the breadcrumbs backwards as soon as I can dedicate the time. I have 2 very busy cases I am moderating right now and we are short-staffed today. TIA for your patience.

Please do not continue to quote those posts that appear to be a part of the "broken quote virus" because it only makes it much harder to follow.

I never stated he frequented Berliner Park or any cruising spot. Just speculating that if in fact they have found him, that it is in close proximity to a cruising spot. Wether or not he himself was actually there cruising. Could be a perpetrator was cruising and snatched him up even. Who knows. I only loaded maps with areas of interest and those relevant to this case so that those Websleuthers who are not familiar with this area can get a good visual of the areas everyone is referring to.

I don't even think this has to do with "cruising" at Berliner park. I really don't. To me , if Berliner park was the proximity where he had (potentially) been placed in the water , I would think that his body would have been found weeks ago! That whole area of the scioto river is always heavily frequented by homeless people. Plus, I would think that one of these homeless people would have witnessed something like this ... Honestly... If it was in that area .
Now , I do highly believe that the perpetrator is someone from a dating app- if there is foul play.

Everyone here, please just ignore the name when someone is quoting a person, it appears that the website is inappropriately tagging the name when replying with a quote. I'm going to standby without posting until this problem is resolved. I do not like to be misquoted, I stand behind my quotes, just not other quotes that are being represented as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX