Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #2

I don’t get why the family refunded the money and didn’t go with hiring a private PI.

Can someone not directly involved but wanting action hire an attorney for a subpoena? Or maybe even a group of us together hiring a PI or getting a subpoena for Grindr info? I’m tired of this inaction.

I don’t get why the family refunded the money and didn’t go with hiring a private PI.

Can someone not directly involved but wanting action hire an attorney for a subpoena? Or maybe even a group of us together hiring a PI or getting a subpoena for Grindr info? I’m tired of this inaction.
I will help with whatever you decide. /how do we start?

Looking into it.

My own direct pleas to Grindr and Scruff went about as well as you think a random asking them for someone else’s info without a warrant went :) they want warrants/subpoenas

but did get some unfortunate info that Grindr said they only hold onto chats and things for 48 hours…which is shockingly low IMO especially for an app that can be used for hate crimes and harassment. I mean, they didn’t even know Joey was “dead” for weeks :(

I wish I was much more forward and tried to help at the time. I hadn’t been super close to Joey and put too much faith into the police they’d easily figure it out and investigate the right things. But I didn’t realize how technically inept…

Looking into it.

My own direct pleas to Grindr and Scruff went about as well as you think a random asking them for someone else’s info without a warrant went :) they want warrants/subpoenas

but did get some unfortunate info that Grindr said they only hold onto chats and things for 48 hours…which is shockingly low IMO especially for an app that can be used for hate crimes and harassment. I mean, they didn’t even know Joey was “dead” for weeks :(

I wish I was much more forward and tried to help at the time. I hadn’t been super close to Joey and put too much faith into the police they’d easily figure it out and investigate the right things. But I didn’t realize how technically inept…
His Google account itself would also have recorded very precise location information data, not linked to any specific active app on his phone. But that would also require a warrant, subpoena etc to access. It is very disappointing that this data, as well as data from other apps probably on his phone, hasn't been obtained. As one of the most obvious potential scenarios for foul play was Joey going with someone from the bar or going to meet someone you'd assume that any information on his movements after he left Union could enable further investigation.

If you care to see how kind and joyful he was, I did come across his YouTube with a couple videos with friends that brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you for sharing. He's exactly how I pictured. He's adorable and hilarious. Brought a tear to my eyes, too, and I dint know him. What a huge loss. He needs justice.

Totally agree. I was given ghb in a spiked drink once. Lucky for me, I had the tolerance of an elephant (reality: 19 year old female) was able to get a phone call made before mostly passing out. It was terrible...if I'd died that night, it would have been murder.
Same thing happened to me. Only one other guy in the bar. Asked the bartender to watch my drink while I went to pee. She clearly didn't. I took 2 sips and knew I was screwed. My head was swimming, I couldn't see straight. This was my first and only drink and I too had the tolerance of an elephant. I pretended to take a phone call and act lovey-dovey on it and say "Oh yeah, that was my boyfriend who's a detective here, he's just down the street comig to get me!" loudly to the bartender. Thankfully it was enough to shake the guy off and he left all pissed off, and I lived just across the street so I CRAWLED (no joke) back home, up my apartment stairs, and passed out JUST inside my front door.
One of the scariest experiences I have had.
Date rape drugs are no joke. And they act quickly, more quickly than I would've thought.

Same thing happened to me. Only one other guy in the bar. Asked the bartender to watch my drink while I went to pee. She clearly didn't. I took 2 sips and knew I was screwed. My head was swimming, I couldn't see straight. This was my first and only drink and I too had the tolerance of an elephant. I pretended to take a phone call and act lovey-dovey on it and say "Oh yeah, that was my boyfriend who's a detective here, he's just down the street comig to get me!" loudly to the bartender. Thankfully it was enough to shake the guy off and he left all pissed off, and I lived just across the street so I CRAWLED (no joke) back home, up my apartment stairs, and passed out JUST inside my front door.
One of the scariest experiences I have had.
Date rape drugs are no joke. And they act quickly, more quickly than I would've thought.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back