OH OH - John Hundley & James McQueary, both 9, Fairfax, 15 Oct 1964

Missing for 58 years missing...

John Hundley and James Mc Queary both age 9. Missing since 15 October 1964.

Long shot but could these boys and their disappearance be connected to the 3 missing boys from Hannibal, MO? Johnny and James disappeared in '64 and the 3 Hannibal boys disappeared in '67. Fairfax is about a 9 hour drive (present day) to Hannibal down US 36. I just wonder if this could be connected.
The Hannibal boys WS thread for those interested.

I live a few houses down from the old McKee home and I came across this page searching for the history of my neighborhood. This map that I found on a History of Fairfax blog is great, and shows many key locations relating to the case. The McKee home was about three houses south of Oriole Court between Oriole and Frisch’s, so practically behind Fairfax School (now Mariemont Junior High). You can walk between people’s yards on Oriole Court to get directly from the school baseball field to the McKee house in about two minutes. Meadowlark dead ends at another park (where the schools and neighborhood leagues play sports) and there’s direct access to a creek (Little Duck Creek) just feet from the end of Meadowlark. This is the same creek where Debbie Dappen’s shoe was found (Debbie Dappen has been referred to as 'the murdered toddler' in this thread). She lived one block from the Hundley’s, and was found about another block northeast at Watterson and Elder.View attachment 369114
A link about Debbie Dappen's death which includes information about the missing boys from Fairfax.

I don't think disappearance can be linked to the disappearance of the three boys in Hannibal, which was three years later.

Those three kids had been exploring newly exposed caves that had been uncovered due to the construction of a new Highway. The company had been dynamiting the area. The whole cave system would have been completely unstable. They were seen at a cave entrance shortly before going missing. It is likely that they got trapped by a cave in.

I don't think there was any foul play in the Hannibal case, I think there may have been in this case.

I don't think disappearance can be linked to the disappearance of the three boys in Hannibal, which was three years later.

Those three kids had been exploring newly exposed caves that had been uncovered due to the construction of a new Highway. The company had been dynamiting the area. The whole cave system would have been completely unstable. They were seen at a cave entrance shortly before going missing. It is likely that they got trapped by a cave in.

I don't think there was any foul play in the Hannibal case, I think there may have been in this case.

While I can't completely disagree with your statement, I can for certain say that there are suspicious reports with the Hannibal boys' last known whereabouts. I do believe there was foul play because: 1. No signs of the boys were ever recovered (ie: flashlights, shovels, etc.). Crews went in and scoured the cave system in '67 and just this past summer. 2. The janitor at the old school claims to have seen them at certain locations which he could not have seen from the vantage point he claims. I don't have this memorized but please refer to Hannibal's Lost Boys on Facebook and the corresponding podcast.

No photo available
No photo available

John Hundley, age 9 and his friend James McQueary, Jr. age 9, Missing since 15 October 1964

LINKS:

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if there has ever been a genuine case of someone falling into an open manhole, ditch or other construction and not being subsequently discovered when the workers returned to continue? I can't remember ever reading a single case.
It bothers me when LE decide this is what happened simply because i feel that if the boys fell into to an open hole and there was a cave in or the walls collapsed then presumably when the workers returned they'd notice and need re-dig and thus discover the bodies?

Gary Lee McKee...come on LE! You should have pushed much harder on this. What sense does it make?! "I don't wanna serve in Nam so I'll confess to murder" oh yeah coz a life sentence/death sentence will be much better than slipping over the border to Canada or going AWOL! Hew told a priest, rather than someone in the military. There was no guarantee the priest would pass on this info!
Now he has passed and taken his secrets with him. These boys are going to be found accidently if at all.
McKee won't have been able to go far. I would guess those boys are close to wherever they were last seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back