OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011, found deceased in 2013 *arrest in 2023* #5

Two years later, Katelyn Markham's death ruled a homicide
August 13, 2013

http://www.fox19.com/story/23125760/katelyn-markhams-of-fairfeild-death-ruled-a-homicide

From the Article

the Franklin County Coroner has ruled that Katelyn Markham's cause of death is undetermined and her manner of death is Homicide.

Earlier today the Franklin County Coroner's Office released the remains of Katelyn Markham so that her family could make funeral arrangements.

BBM

Praying for justice for Katelyn and peace for her family and friends. :please:

The back area is viewable from River. There's wooden fencing on the side but a chain-link fence facing the road. Maybe it has changed in the time since Katelyn went missing, but I drive past there every day and right now, you can see in. I'll try to snap a picture the next time I go by.

I don't think it was a stranger crime/crime of opportunity, but it's not beyond the realm of possibilities.

I have to agree with your instincts. There are a cases where stranger situations happen. They are rare. So given the time interval, where she was found, etc... it smells like a more typically predictable scenario.
Something like, she and bf got into an argument (perhaps she was threatening to end the relationship or something set him off) and it went too far. Sure for LE it's probable cause and for the courts it's beyond a reasonable doubt, but here we can ask the question - Did JC do it?
Seems to me that he did not have an alibi and was the last to see her.
It's not required by law that you prove your innocence... but if I were in such a situation I'd go way out of my way to prove my innocence and to find the real killer. But when a person is guilty in this type of situation they pretty much behave like JC.

The peculiarities here really narrow down some of the possibilities:
1) What are the odds that a totally random stranger would dump her in an area near where she had just come back from in another state? This would pretty much rule out someone just peeking into her place from the street.
So that really only leaves 2 other possibilities:
2) How would someone that could have followed her from Indiana know that she would be alone and when?
Why would they take the body back to Indiana? Since there were no signs of forced entry or a struggle, it highly indicates that she knew the person. Since her purse and other belongings were left behind, she was either removed forcibly, unconsciously or stepped out willingly thinking it would be brief.
or
3) JC killed her and dumped the body off a familiar route that would give him plenty of time to get back and appear to have not been gone. .

Funeral set for Katelyn Markham

snipped...A funeral service for Katelyn Markham, who vanished from her Fairfield home two years ago, has been set for Aug. 25

The public is invited to attend the 4 p.m. service at Fairfield High School auditorium, 8800 Holden Blvd. Doors open at 2 p.m.

...The Markham family is establishing an art scholarship in her name. Memorial donations can be made at any PNC bank branch to the Katelyn Markham Benefit Fund.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...62/Funeral-set-Katelyn-Markham?nclick_check=1

butterflykatelyn.jpg

snipped...A funeral service for Katelyn Markham, who vanished from her Fairfield home two years ago, has been set for Aug. 25

The public is invited to attend the 4 p.m. service at Fairfield High School auditorium, 8800 Holden Blvd. Doors open at 2 p.m.

...The Markham family is establishing an art scholarship in her name. Memorial donations can be made at any PNC bank branch to the Katelyn Markham Benefit Fund.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...62/Funeral-set-Katelyn-Markham?nclick_check=1

butterflykatelyn.jpg

I'm so relieved she will finally be laid to rest. This case touched me so deeply, funny how certain cases do that. I think about Katelyn a lot and pray for justice.

Expert: Key Is In Relationships

Snipped... Geberth, an author of several textbooks on investigating homicide and other deaths, said authorities are “back to square one.” Investigators must continue to analyze Markham’s known associates and the details of her life, which is done to compile information about lifestyle, he said.“I still think the key is in the relationships, I think everybody that was involved with her – fiancé, friends, co-workers – all should have been polygraphed, interviewed and questioned to see if they all have alibis for the time she went missing,” Geberth said.

Read more:*http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region...midable-task-but-not-impossible#ixzz2cMLcJnB5

I have to agree with your instincts. There are a cases where stranger situations happen. They are rare. So given the time interval, where she was found, etc... it smells like a more typically predictable scenario.
Something like, she and bf got into an argument (perhaps she was threatening to end the relationship or something set him off) and it went too far. Sure for LE it's probable cause and for the courts it's beyond a reasonable doubt, but here we can ask the question - Did JC do it?
Seems to me that he did not have an alibi and was the last to see her.
It's not required by law that you prove your innocence... but if I were in such a situation I'd go way out of my way to prove my innocence and to find the real killer. But when a person is guilty in this type of situation they pretty much behave like JC.

The peculiarities here really narrow down some of the possibilities:
1) What are the odds that a totally random stranger would dump her in an area near where she had just come back from in another state? This would pretty much rule out someone just peeking into her place from the street.
So that really only leaves 2 other possibilities:
2) How would someone that could have followed her from Indiana know that she would be alone and when?
Why would they take the body back to Indiana? Since there were no signs of forced entry or a struggle, it highly indicates that she knew the person. Since her purse and other belongings were left behind, she was either removed forcibly, unconsciously or stepped out willingly thinking it would be brief.
or
3) JC killed her and dumped the body off a familiar route that would give him plenty of time to get back and appear to have not been gone. .

1) Where did you get the information that she had just returned from another state?

2) As far as we know she worked that day and came home to her T.H. around 8 or 8:30. She never went to Indiana on Sat. There have been no news reports of her returning from Indiana.

3) As we have never been given J.C's or Katelyns cell phone pings, phone usage, their computer activites or statements from witnesses, we don't know if he had plenty of time to get back from the dumping site in plenty of time. to appear to have not been gone.

butterflykatelyn.jpg

Don't know the particular setting for this picture of Katelyn but those sure look like pretty blue angel wings for a truly beautiful lady. The art scholarship is a wonderful idea and a perfect way to honor her. I hope justice comes soon, very soon, for Katelyn - it's time. Continued love to her family and friends.

Where is the justice for Katelyn?!

Justice for Katelyn!!

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/brin...to-justice-formidable-task-but-not-impossible

“Someone planned and thought this out, this was well-planned – the lifeblood of an investigation is information, and if the information is no longer forthcoming, well then you’re kind of dead in the water,” said Vernon Geberth, the former commanding officer of the Bronx Homicide Task Force in New York. “This is not an easy case and people get frustrated ”

'Somebody Knows What Happened'

If you saw something, heard something, or suspect something, no matter what it is, please report it!!! Somebody knows what happened!! Speak please, anonymously if u must!!

If they would have treated Katelyn's case different at the beginning things may be different. A month later they were still talking smack that she may have walked away.

Sadly, very true :(

To whoever did this to Katelyn, be warned, your days are numbered - you had NO right to take this beautiful and talented girl's life, and it's going to come back to you in the worst way!! Hope you're ready, because we are!

The missing ring is related to another case discussed in the same article.

Thanks I realize that...

I found it interesting since Ms. MARKHAM's engagement ring is also missing.

:justice: for Katelyn!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back