OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was supposedly not running to Canada to get away but to play games and those papers was about the games.

Katelyn's dad doesn't think Kang had anything to do with her disappearance:

Fairfield Police have said they are investigating a possible link between Kang and Katelyn. But to David (Markham), is doesn't make sense. He says Katelyn wouldn't have left her condo and walked across the street to the Marathon station because her keys were still in her condo.

As for the theory that Kang come knocking at her door... "How did he get her out of apartment, or get her to open the door? As a father, knowing Katelyn, it does not make sense. It had to be someone she knew better."

http://www.local12.com/News/Local/story/Father-Dismisses-Link-Between-Missing-Woman-and/gqOnYf4tFkui88E2qc3Kdw.cspx#.T-T0t2PUSR4.facebook

Im not sure I agree with Dave. If she knew him and it sounds like she did she may have just thought "Oh hes the nice guy from the store". If Im understanding this right they took his DNA before Katelyn went missing for the assault case. Sometime after that he left and they couldnt find him? These guys start somewhere. If he already knew he may be in trouble he may have assaulted Katelyn then silenced her. I hope LE investigate this good before ruling this guy out.If JC didnt do it someone did. He may have moved from that apartment in June but JC sister said he talked to her and JC in CVS the week after KM disappeared so he was still at least hanging around FF then. And the conversation was about KM disappearing.

I don't have sound on my computer, what are the photos? they show at the end of the video? 2 pages that look like they were printed on regular paper?

062112station-to-house.jpg

He may not have been in her apartment tho. No one can say with certainty that she did not go out of her apartment that night. She could have stepped outside, walked over to that store for a drink or snack just taking money in her pocket and her phone expecting to be right back.They need search warrants to his vehicle and also where he was living at that time. There could possible be DNA . Blood droplets, hair, fiber. Its certainly worth a try.

I could totally see Katelyn opening the door for her neighbor who worked on the corner. Why wouldn't she if she saw him around? She seemed to have left her room with her cell phone in hand, leaving her dog in her room for a minute to see what was needed at her back door possibly? IDK...JMO but I am So glad to see others sleuthing again for Katelyn! I have thought about her often and pray they can find something. :praying:

I can't see Katelyn letting this guy into her apartment; I doubt she knew him more than a casual recognizing way, if that. If he pushed his way in, that is one thing, but then how did he remove her from her apartment, without anyone seeing or hearing anything? I don't believe she would go someplace with him, without her keys...she sounds like a cautious woman...

I'd like this case to be solved very badly...but am having trouble fitting this guy into it, only because I can't see her leaving with him voluntarily, or being carried out either...
Unless we find out she knew him on a personal level, as I believe she would only have left her apartment that night with someone she knew well, though I still don't understand not taking her keys...

thanks Cranky! (Amanda you rock!)

When I look at that picture and see where:

1) that guy lived
2) where that guy worked
3) where KM lived

and

4) consider that this guy broke in to another apartment after he moved

and

5) fled to the MI/Canada border recently

and

6) the fact that LE even stated they are looking at a connection

well

=I truly think it is likely connected.

As for her poor Father thinking it is not related: I truly hope it isn't. But you have to wonder what he knew of her habits. Did she routinely lock up and take the keys if she was going to go to the store for a pack of smokes or a snack? What if she stepped outside to smoke after sending that picture to her boyfriend and it happened then? Too bad we don't know more about where exactly he was that night (re: what time he got off of work.. was he walking by and saw her outside or something like that?)

It is way too close for comfort when looking at that picture

:moo:

She also had a spare key hid outside. Someone could easily have seen it being used at some time.

Respectfully<snipped>

As for her poor Father thinking it is not related: I truly hope it isn't. But you have to wonder what he knew of her habits. Did she routinely lock up and take the keys if she was going to go to the store for a pack of smokes or a snack? What if she stepped outside to smoke after sending that picture to her boyfriend and it happened then? Too bad we don't know more about where exactly he was that night (re: what time he got off of work.. was he walking by and saw her outside or something like that?)

It is way too close for comfort when looking at that picture

:moo:

BBM
Nurse I completely agree! You would think LE would have talked to people working at the gas station and asked for surveillance video. I would think they could get old employee records to see his schedule around that time. Do we know when he started and ended employment there?

I think we just need to find out more about this guy... Right now I'm leaning towards coincidence and the police really wanting to solve the case at any cost but I'm not feeling in my gut that he has any involvement.
Hopefully the FFPD will continue to investigate diligently .....
I think deep down inside I want to believe she just knew she had so much more going for her than settling for what her life was offering back then and ran off to Paris to pursue her creative and artistic passions... :sigh:

BBM
Nurse I completely agree! You would think LE would have talked to people working at the gas station and asked for surveillance video. I would think they could get old employee records to see his schedule around that time. Do we know when he started and ended employment there?

an earlier link upstream said he worked there for five years.. however.. the links also indicated that he may not have lived in that apartment the entire time..

I would think that gas station would be the FIRST place that they look for ccvid..

that being said, he seems to have moved out before KM went missing.. I am thinking he targeted her while he was still living there. I read a few posts here and there that she could have been a smoker.. if she was did she step outside to smoke and this is when he saw her vulnerability?

I simply do not see the LE in this case issuing a statement of possible connectivity willy-nilly as they are soooooo tight lipped in this case. I think they have a lot more.. for example the dna connecting him to the other rape case? How did they make THAT connection unless he was already entered into CODIS?

so many questions..

I think we just need to find out more about this guy... Right now I'm leaning towards coincidence and the police really wanting to solve the case at any cost but I'm not feeling in my gut that he has any involvement.
I think deep down inside I want to believe she just knew she had so much more going for her than settling for what her life was offering back then and ran off to Paris to pursue her creative and artistic passions... :sigh:

I know what you mean about wanting her to be in Paris, but sadly I don't think it will have as happy an ending.:sheesh:

Praying for answers for you Katelyn!:crossfingers:

I would love for her to be in Paris...! I don't think she is there, however :-(

I am actually wondering if there were any forensic matches from her apartment that connect her to this guy (or him to the apartment) because I if there is one thing I do NOT see is this LE dpt reaching or issuing statements off the cuff (as closed lipped as they have been)

I would love for her to be in Paris...! I don't think she is there, however :-(

I am actually wondering if there were any forensic matches from her apartment that connect her to this guy (or him to the apartment) because I if there is one thing I do NOT see is this LE dpt reaching or issuing statements off the cuff (as closed lipped as they have been)

I guess that's kinda why I said "we need to learn more about this guy".... ??
Unfortunately, I CAN see LE reaching - especially if someone higher up is looking at an election sometime soon...
I'm not one who is all starry eyed and gaga about ANY police department... They are human and have human desires, egos and imperfections. MOO of course.
OH and yes.. i would love to hear that they had some forensics leading them in the direction they are going...

BBM

Well he supposedly worked there for 5 years and his uncle owns it. Not clear when he left employment. According to a family member MM they and also LE did ask to see video and were told their were problems with the video so that could go either way. He sure would have access to it and could erase it if she was on it. Hopely LE know more about this than has been released to public or family. But it sure is interesting that they were supposedly having problems with it not working the night she disappeared and him working there.
Maybe he has nothing to do with this at all but I think there is enough hinky about this that warrants a close investigation of him to see if he connects to KM.

I agree tho that I dont think anything happened in her apartment that night. Either the whole story she was there was bs and she never was there that night or someone or something leered her outside and she left on her own with someone or was snatched. Unless someone did manage to get in and had a weapon and she was so scared she walked out with them. I also wonder what was the norm when JC left. Did he lock the door on his way out or did she walk him to the door and lock up. Remember in Jessica case they always locked the door but forgot the night Couey walked in and took her.
Due to the past history of JC and KM according to everyone that knew them if he did this I see it more as a crime of passion and there would be some kind of evidence in her apartment unless she never was there at all that night.

With the pic of a pic being sent, the dog in her room it almost appears that she was in the process of getting ready for bed. Did someone knock on her door that she knew? Was the door even locked and someone surprised her in her room and she walked out by force? The key is knowing exactly what KM did after JC left (if his story is true) and that remains a mystery.

Sorry rambling here. But having only her cell missing tells me she wasnt planning on being gone any length of time . If JC did something wouldnt it be more likely that her cell would also be in her apartment with her keys and purse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member