GUILTY OH - Kenneth Brandt & 2 others for raping, trafficking adopted kids, Troy, 2012

I think you are thinking about this case? But he wasn't a dean and also wasn't single (he was in a gay relationship with somebody who apparently knew nothing of child abuse).

"A Duke University official has been charged in federal court with offering his 5-year-old adopted son up for sex. Frank Lombard, associate director of the Center for Health Policy, was arrested Wednesday in Raleigh, the FBI said. "

http://abcnews.go.com/News/story?id=7942546&page=1#.T1FqwXkyCSo

Thanks for looking that up and finding that for me, jjenny. That's definitely the case I was thinking of but I had quite a few of the details wrong. Lombard was doing some of the same thing this guy was, like offering his children up to strangers. But he'd adopted his boys as infants specifically because they were non-verbal, and I think the guy in this case adopted older kids.

I found that as of 2010, he'd been sentenced to 27 years (he was about 43 years old at the time of sentencing). I'd also forgotten about his domestic partner. An affidavit stated that he told others that he couldn't commit the crimes when his partner was home, but had to wait until he left on business trips. I didn't find any info about what happened re: custody of the kids after he was sent to prison or if the domestic partner was also their adoptive parent or was just a live in boyfriend with no parental rights.

I can't imagine what those kids had to go through trying to learn to have normal lives when they've been abused since birth and have never even known what normal actually is. Seems like 27 years isn't long enough considering the lifetime of damage he's done...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/20/ohio-adoptive-father-pleads-guilty-to-child-rape/

DAYTON, Ohio – An adoptive father in Ohio who could spend the rest of his life in prison for raping three boys in his care pleaded guilty Thursday to another child rape charge and agreed to testify against a man he allegedly allowed to rape one of his adopted sons.

The 40-year-old man, a long-time foster parent and youth basketball coach, pleaded guilty to one count each of child rape and complicity to rape in a Montgomery County court in Dayton. Under a plea agreement, prosecutors dropped five other charges against him in exchange for his testimony against a co-defendant.

Sentencing was tentatively set for Feb. 26. The plea agreement calls for a total sentence of 50 years to life in prison.

This case truly sickens me to my very core. This one's eyes... His eyes are dead. These poor children. :-(

An Ohio man has pleaded guilty to raping a boy authorities say was brought by the child's adoptive father to his home, where both men raped the boy.

The Montgomery County prosecutor's office said Friday that 32-year-old Patrick Rieder (REE'-dur) pleaded guilty to 27 counts including rape of a child under 13 and pandering sexually oriented material involving a minor.

The prosecutor says Rieder was sentenced to 25 years to life and labeled a sex offender.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/0...e-in-case-centered-on-victim-adoptive-father/

I cant begin to tell you how many ways this article enraged me.

***Warning*** If you have triggers you might want to skip this one.

A quote from the perp:
"I never forced the boys to do anything," he said. "That might not mean anything to anyone else, but it's important to me."
:censored:

The focus of the article is the rarity of adoptive father rape.

Are you kidding me? What planet does this writer live on?

He allowed 2 OTHER men to rape his 10 year old. You never forced the boys to do anything? Oh and this was OK because he never prostituted the boy.

I try to avoid the call to arms unless it is necessary. But I will leave you all to judge for yourselves. The level of consent implied in this story and the amount of time it took to tell the rapist's side absolutely floored me.

Last snip:
He said he had been sexually abused as a child by a close family member and blames that for his feeling that he wasn't do anything wrong when he began taking the boys into his bed in what he claimed was a way of showing love.
LINK HERE

ALthough I know you opened this thread to express your outrage at the article and its tone, I'm linking the thread regarding this disturbing case here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164585&highlight=adopted+sons+rape

in case readers wish to follow up on the case listed in the article you have in the OP. A caution, the name of the "father" is found in articles linked at the thread devoted to the case. Readers please refrain from posting the man's name as it might indicate the identity of his victims, although for some reason, the press named him and it is assumed the kids do not share his last name. Just to be sure, I have discontinued using the perp/adoptive father's name. Please and thanks. tlc

And I agree, I was sickened to read the "father"s statements about his love of children blah blah blah. And the statement by "the man" whoever he was about the kids liking it there and the article highlighting that the kids went trick or treating, had video games, etc made me ill. As if that makes it all okay.

:burn:

Thanks tlcya! I will ask the mods to combine the threads.

I started a separate thread in error-thanks tlcya!! :blowkiss: I asked a mod to combine them.

I am very frustrated with the premise the new article is based on.

the article is full of self serving comments from the adoptive father and I found it offensive as well.

December 2012:

Troy father was sentenced Monday to at least 60 years in prison after pleading guilty to six counts of raping his two adopted sons and a third boy he was in the process of adopting...

The plea agreement with prosecutors stipulates that Brandt will turn from defendant to prosecution witness in the Jan. 8 trial of Jason Zwick. Zwick, 30, of Beavercreek, is accused of three counts of rape against one of Brandt’s sons after Zwick allegedly answered Brandt’s Craigslist ad for taboo sex.

“The main reason Mr. Brandt wanted to plead was to insure that the children in this case wouldn’t have to come into court and testify,” Gounaris said. “As it relates to his case, we’ve accomplished that goal.”...

Brandt,who was caught by an Internet crimes task force, originally faced 31 felony rape counts in Miami County and still faces seven rape or complicity to commit rape counts in Montgomery County. Of the Miami County charges, 25 were dismissed in the deal along with a specification that one of the three victims was under age 10.

http://m.whio.com/news/news/troy-man-sentenced-to-60-years-in-child-rape-case/nTYQd/

brandt-web.jpg

Feb 2013:

Following his plea, the Montgomery County prosecutor's office said Patrick Rieder was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

Rieder, 32, pleaded guilty to 27 counts including rape of a child under 13, pandering sexually oriented material involving a minor and illegal use of a minor in nudity oriented material or performance.

Authorities said the boy's adoptive father gave Rieder and another man access to the boy.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/02/ohio-adoption-child-rape/1885429/

January 2013:

Jason M. Zwick pleaded no contest Tuesday morning to one count of raping a boy younger than 13 years old just minutes before his trial was to begin in Miami County Common Pleas Court....

Zwick, 30, of Beavercreek, was found guilty by Gee and sentenced to 10 years to life, ordered to pay a $20,000 fine and is to be classified as a Tier III sex offender.

Miami County First Assistant Prosecutor Anthony Kendell said the no contest plea likely was made so that Zwick and attorney Joe Stadnicar can immediately appeal the decision.

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/news/crime-law/zwick-found-guilty-of-child-rape/nTqD4/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back