GUILTY OH - Kiva Gazaway, 38, Liberty Township, 15 April 2007

Kiva's car was found today at an apartment complex. The police suspect that she was murdered. Her boyfriend (who is on parole and who has been convicted of armed robbery) was arrested Sunday in Florida for violating parole by leaving the area. The police are trying to retrace his steps and have interviewed his friends who say they didn't know he has a girlfriend.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070423/NEWS01/304230039

Kiva's car was found today at an apartment complex. The police suspect that she was murdered. Her boyfriend (who is on parole and who has been convicted of armed robbery) was arrested Sunday in Florida for violating parole by leaving the area. The police are trying to retrace his steps and have interviewed his friends who say they didn't know he has a girlfriend.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070423/NEWS01/304230039

She still hasn't been found though, right?

How horribly sad.

I used to work with Kiva. She is someone that was always smiling at work. Quick to always say hello and how are you. My prayers are going out to you and your family Kiva...

Seriously, can't these guys think up anything better than this?

What a nightmare for her family and friends. I hope the *advertiser censored* will at least tell them where she is.

Prayers for Kiva.

Anyone know how far away her car was found from where she lives? Same vicinity?

Anyone know how far away her car was found from where she lives? Same vicinity?

I am not sure where she lived, but it is all in the same area. This is a tri-state area, everything within 20 mins for most...

It's totally suspicious that he went out of town while she is missing. I don't have a good feeling about this one. It's so sad.

If LE suspects foul play...about time...then they must suspect the boyfriend.
Now that he is in jail they can go in and tear his house apart and also his vehicle. That is odd that he wouldn't be hunting for her or at home sitting right by the phone hoping that she will call unless he knows that she won't be calling anyone. Who goes out of town when someone that they love is missing. My money is on the boyfriend right now. I wonder if he offered or agreed to take a poly?

No new leads in cases of three missing women

A Butler County woman vanished almost a month ago. So did a pair of elderly Warren County women.

The cases have little in common - except their families and friends are worried, investigators are frustrated but determined, and the women's descriptions sit in computer databases waiting for breakthroughs.

"They've just fallen off the face of the earth, without a focal point of a crime scene or a criminal incident," Butler County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Anthony Dwyer said, referring to all three women.

Dwyer's office is investigating the April 14 disappearance of Kiva Gazaway, 38, of Liberty Township, probably a victim of foul play.

Investigators have made "significant progress" in the case, Dwyer said. "We've eliminated a lot of situations and a lot of potential locations."

Authorities found her car in Fairfield and identified her boyfriend, Harvey "Shawn" Johnson, as a "person of interest." He is being held in Florida on unrelated charges.

But they haven't said what they think happened to Gazaway.

"We've not found her - and if foul play has happened, we've not found the body," Dwyer said.

After hours of police interrogation, a suspect in the disappearance of a Butler County woman directed officers to her body in a Blue Ash industrial park, officials said Saturday.

Butler County Sheriff Chief Deputy Anthony Dwyer said that the woman’s former boyfriend -- Harvey Johnson Jr. -- revealed during questioning where he dumped the body of Kiva Gazaway of Liberty Township. The partially covered body was found about 10 p.m. Friday in Blue Ash in a wooded ravine on Indeco Drive, off of Creek Road, just west of Reed Hartman Highway.

Dwyer said Johnson, who lived with Gazaway for five years, was the only suspect in the investigation of Gazaway’s disappearance on April 14 from Butler County

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070512/NEWS01/305120020

I am so sorry to read this.I am glad the b@&%ard had sense enough to lead authorities to her body. May God be with her family..

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080430/NEWS01/304300128

The couple had been living together in Liberty Township. Johnson told police they had consensual sex after an argument in which Gazaway ordered him to leave because she blamed him for financial problems that left her house in foreclosure and her truck repossessed.

They lay on the bed and talked casually, he said. He stroked her hair and told her how much he loved her. He also bound her hands and legs with duct tape. And, they discussed what he would do with Gazaway’s body after he killed her.

Gazaway even suggested the ways Johnson should kill her. But, she did not want to be shot, Johnson said.

“She pressed it and pressed it,” he said.

Johnson, a convicted bank robber who faced going back to prison for violating parole if he committed another crime, said he had second thoughts about killing Gazaway. But, she kept threatening to call police. She wouldn’t just let him leave.

But as he attempted to smother her with a plastic bag, she pulled her wrists free of her duct tape bindings and foiled the attempt.

“I was committed,” Johnson told police. “(I thought) now she’s going to get me for attempted murder.”

Johnson said he choked Gazaway until she was dazed. He said he dragged her to the bathtub, still full of water, and hoisted her in.

He sat there looking at Gazaway’s body and smoked a cigarette. Then he drove around for several hours in her navy blue Toyota Corolla trying to figure out what to do.

Johnson said he returned before 2 a.m., washed Gazaway’s face, wrapped her in a sheet, loaded her body into the trunk of the Toyota and drove around some more until he wound up in an industrial park in Blue Ash.

He said he dumped the body and threw the sheet out on Interstate 71. He dumped her car at a Fairfield apartment complex the next day. (more at link)

And he expected to be believed?

Even if his story is true (yeah right), he admits to killing her against her will. He said that she broke free so he killed her to prevent her from accusing him of attempted murder. What an idiot!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back