GUILTY OH - Marion Co., WhtFem Skeletal 672UFOH, 18-22, along rural road, Mar'07- Dana Nicole Lowrey

Hello new to sleuthing and have been debating for months if I should post or not. I have been lurking for a while and I must say am amazed at all the work all of you do for all the UID. I wanted to see what everyone thought of this young girl. Timing and height are a little off but I just can't get over the resemblance. Thanks.

http://charleyproject.org/cases/d/dattilo_molly.html

Hello,

My name is Ed Edwards. My sister, Kristen Anderson, was murdered by her husband on October 1st, 2006 in Martins Ferry Ohio and we have not been able to find her body. I found this website today and am wondering who I could talk to for help on this missing person case? Kristen fit all of the physical descriptions and time frames of death in this report. It doesn't look a lot like her, (except for the chin), but I realize it is a recreation based on skeletal remains. Marion county would be a couple hours away from where Kristen was murdered and her husband had a couple of unaccounted days after the incident before committing suicide. Please contact me at edwv30@yahoo.com if you can help. Thank you.

You can read Kristen's story here:

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/02/the-missing-a-weekly-expos%C3%A9-of-lost-souls-issue-29.html

Hi Ed -- I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier, and very sorry for your loss.

Side by side, Kristen Anderson and the UID:

Attachments

• kristen anderson head.jpg
    kristen anderson head.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 672UFOH.jpg
    672UFOH.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 672UFOH3.jpg
    672UFOH3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 27
  • kristen anderson head2.jpg
    kristen anderson head2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 118

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 74
[/URL]
I have been trying to find a match for this Doe for months. Am thinking maybe Christina Lynn Lewis could be a possible match. Her chin looks a little long but as everyone has mentioned this is a reconstruction.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1042933&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

The Doe's NamUs file now indicates the "probable year of death range" to be 2002 to 2007.

I agree someoneschild, they resemble eachother. Carl just contacted LE in SC about an UID that was found compared to Christina Lewis. I am not sure if he has heard back yet. Here's the link to that UID...http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36489&page=2

Here are a couple of women who have the same facial structure as this Jane Doe, with small chins, and high foreheads.

Angela Marie Finger
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/finger_angela.html
672UFOH.jpg
finger_angela3.jpg

Ariell Butterworth
http://www.nampn.org/cases/butterworth_ariell.html
672UFOH.jpg
2518146270045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

(She's from Ohio, just as is the Jane Doe. The base of Her nose doesn't seem to sit as high, though)

The UID's page at NamUs was recently updated. Carla Losey has been ruled out — I don't know whether it's because of a submission someone agreed to undertake for me or not but I'm glad to see she's now been checked.

Additionally, Tabitha Tuders missing from Tennessee has also been added to the rule-out list.

https://identifyus.org/cases/4725

Here are a couple of women who have the same facial structure as this Jane Doe, with small chins, and high foreheads.

Angela Marie Finger
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/finger_angela.html
672UFOH.jpg
finger_angela3.jpg

Ariell Butterworth
http://www.nampn.org/cases/butterworth_ariell.html
672UFOH.jpg
2518146270045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

(She's from Ohio, just as is the Jane Doe. The base of Her nose doesn't seem to sit as high, though)

Ariell Butterworth looks quite likely to me -- her overall face matches very well and after seeing the Michael Bausch photos I don't think it's a good idea to focus too much on a single detail. From what little I can tell by the photo her nose appears to have the same general size and shape. And the circumstances make it more likely -- Youngstown is less than three hours via Google.

Angela Finger looks even closer facially. Some of the photos that show a more sideways view of her face show a nose that's very much like the UID's. And the circumstances don't preclude it -- it's clear she was alive for quite some time after leaving Las Vegas.

Ariell Butterworth looks quite likely to me -- her overall face matches very well and after seeing the Michael Bausch photos I don't think it's a good idea to focus too much on a single detail. From what little I can tell by the photo her nose appears to have the same general size and shape. And the circumstances make it more likely -- Youngstown is less than three hours via Google.

I remember looking at Ariell Butterworth. I don't think it's her — her missing date is only a month prior to the skeletal remains being found, and I also think she's possibly alive and was never removed from NAMPN. She has a thread here:

OH OH - Ariell Butterworth, 18, Boardman, 7 Feb 2007 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

If you search on her aunt's and sister's names you find an Ariell on Facebook and a non-Ariell on MySpace (but using a name related to the Facebook Ariell's) who's friends with her sister, has tattoos not inconsistent with Ariell's, a Facebook middle name like Ariell's nickname, and last logged in this week on MySpace. It might not be her, but you know.

The story with Angela Marie Finger is weird and uncertain, but according to her NamUs page (https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2281/) both DNA and dentals are entered/complete so if she had been the Marion County UID I think there would have been a CODIS hit.

I saw this girl listed on Charley and I thought about this UID.. she is not listed on the Namus rule out list for this UID, what do you think?

Liehnia May Chapin - missing between Jan - April 2006 from Dent County Missouri.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/chapin_liehnia.html

The Doe Network says that the UID is between 5'3 and 5'9, Namus Listed her as 5'3 and being estimated.

Liehnia is listed as being between 5'8 -5'10,

Age fits - Liehnia was 20 when she went missing

The nose doesn't look alike, but I have seen some matches lately not look like the reconstructions models...

In a reconstruction from remains that have been there for a while, things like the tip of the nose are only an approximation anyway. The parts that are more fixed, like the bridge of the nose and the width of the eyebrows, look a lot closer. Chin and cheekbones, too.

Not sure about the arch of the nose though -- that's usually from the bones -- and the long upper lip would reflect the spacing of the skull underneath, so that's probably significant too. Carl?

Attachments

• 672UFOH2.jpg
    672UFOH2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 106
  • chapin_liehnia2.jpg
    chapin_liehnia2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 30
In a reconstruction from remains that have been there for a while, things like the tip of the nose are only an approximation anyway. The parts that are more fixed, like the bridge of the nose and the width of the eyebrows, look a lot closer. Chin and cheekbones, too.

Not sure about the arch of the nose though -- that's usually from the bones -- and the long upper lip would reflect the spacing of the skull underneath, so that's probably significant too. Carl?

I would think that eyebrows are purely a guess if the remains are skeletal. I know that there is a skeletal basis for determining the placement of the bottom of the nose (the partition of the nostrils is called the columella), so I am not so much concerned with the shape of the nose as I am with the positioning of the columella, the width of the bridge and the shape of the triangular area above the bridge (called the glabella).

They say that you can tell from the skull whether or not the columella turns upward, and the length of the columella (and therefore the prominence of the tip of the nose) is determined by a specific ratio with respect to the small pointed bone at its base (called anterior nasal spine). I have read that the positioning and width of the mouth is determined by the gumline and the canine teeth. The top of the upper lip lands approximately at the upper gumline, the bottom of the lower lip also is positioned at about the lower gumline, and the corners of the mouth are placed at the tips of the canine teeth. However, the thickness of the lips is a guess (based on averages for the person's ethnicity).

As for this Jane Doe, the one thing I am looking for when browsing for possibles is the tiny chin, the absence of cheekbone definition, highly positioned columella and high forehead. Angela Finger fits all of these criteria (setting aside whether she is a strong possible on other factors).

Liehnia Chapin looks fairly close on the cheekbones and forehead, but IMO she has too large of a chin, and her columella is positioned too low.

I would think that eyebrows are purely a guess if the remains are skeletal. I know that there is a skeletal basis for determining the placement of the bottom of the nose (the partition of the nostrils is called the columella), so I am not so much concerned with the shape of the nose as I am with the positioning of the columella, the width of the bridge and the shape of the triangular area above the bridge (called the glabella).

They say that you can tell from the skull whether or not the columella turns upward, and the length of the columella (and therefore the prominence of the tip of the nose) is determined by a specific ratio with respect to the small pointed bone at its base (called anterior nasal spine). I have read that the positioning and width of the mouth is determined by the gumline and the canine teeth. The top of the upper lip lands approximately at the upper gumline, the bottom of the lower lip also is positioned at about the lower gumline, and the corners of the mouth are placed at the tips of the canine teeth. However, the thickness of the lips is a guess (based on averages for the person's ethnicity).

As for this Jane Doe, the one thing I am looking for when browsing for possibles is the tiny chin, the absence of cheekbone definition, highly positioned columella and high forehead. Angela Finger fits all of these criteria (setting aside whether she is a strong possible on other factors).

Liehnia Chapin looks fairly close on the cheekbones and forehead, but IMO she has too large of a chin, and her columella is positioned too low.

The eyebrows follow the brow ridge, so the position and shape should be something that can be estimated.

Kristen Anderson is not listed as a rule-out at Namus. I wonder if Ed had any luck getting information forwarded to Ohio.

Even though the date she was reported is in March of '07, I somehow feel that this woman looks like the UID. What do you think about Melissa Ann Martin?? Unfortunately there is very little information about her...

Attachments

• melissa-ann-martin.jpg
    melissa-ann-martin.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Ohio1.jpg
    Ohio1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 27
Even though the date she was reported is in March of '07, I somehow feel that this woman looks like the UID. What do you think about Melissa Ann Martin?? Unfortunately there is very little information about her...

do you have a link to Melissa, traacker?

I received a response back from LE regarding the request to compare Melissa to the UID

"Thanks, but there's no record in NamUs for Ms. Martin -- I will have to contact the Jefferson PD to have them put her into NamUs or give me the records for comparison.

I will make sure they get compared, thanks."

Good to hear they are going to get her compared to the UID and request that they add Melissa to Namus.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back