GUILTY OH - Paris Talley, 3 wks, dies of thermal injuries, Dayton, 30 Aug 2005

Yakwoman said:
I have a strong stomach - but this story made me want to throw up on my keyboard.
I have noticed that the "Crimes in the News" seems to usually contain stories of the most vile behavior that one can conceive of. I must admit, I have to steel my nerves before clicking on this forum. :eek: :sick:

Dr. Doogie said:
I have noticed that the "Crimes in the News" seems to usually contain stories of the most vile behavior that one can conceive of. I must admit, I have to steel my nerves before clicking on this forum. :eek: :sick:
TRULY! In the Bizarre and Offbeat section you might need to brace yourself for the laughter and only steel your nerves for the occasional story like this. I prefer laughing over stupid criminals any day.

southcitymom-I'm with you on wanting to know more of the details. It is really hard to believe anybody would do anything quite this cruel-especially a parent or caregiver. The sad thing is you are soooo right, most cases involving infants point right to a parent or caregiver :(

I just hope the right person is charged and punished as severly as possible-legally and otherwise.

southcitymom said:
I wasn't trying to single you out! :blowkiss: I have two babies too and it is so sad to read about!
oh no I know you weren't:) . when you posted that it made me think about it some more.

Paladin said:
I think she should die under similar circumstances.
I soooooooooo agree with you--- there are just times in my opinion, that an eye for an eye- is simply the only solution-----------:(

I am just thinking out loud here- but if it was the babysitter, how is it possible the little baby ---we are talking 3 weeks old--- was alive after this- alive enough that it wasnt until later they called 911? I know I always checked my babies after my own family watched them so i dont want to hear, they thought the infabnt was asleep--:hand:

southcitymom said:
I saw a video of the mother and she appeared devestated at the finding that her child might have been cooked. The child was left in the care of a babysitter the night before she died.

I do not think there is enough public evidence to condemn this mother, call her names or call for her painful death.

I'm watching this on Nancy Grace right now. Oh, God. I just can't believe this. I'm going to be chanting my mantra for days now. "This baby's pain is over. Her suffering is ended. She will never suffer again."

kgeaux said:
I'm watching this on Nancy Grace right now. Oh, God. I just can't believe this. I'm going to be chanting my mantra for days now. "This baby's pain is over. Her suffering is ended. She will never suffer again."

I'm watching this on NG right now too.

As of right now, I'm not thinking it's the mom. She seems to devastated.

I need more information.

JMHO
fran

j2mirish said:
I soooooooooo agree with you--- there are just times in my opinion, that an eye for an eye- is simply the only solution-----------:(

I am just thinking out loud here- but if it was the babysitter, how is it possible the little baby ---we are talking 3 weeks old--- was alive after this- alive enough that it wasnt until later they called 911? I know I always checked my babies after my own family watched them so i dont want to hear, they thought the infabnt was asleep--:hand:
The article indicates that the mother thought the child seemed fine - "nothing out of the ordinary" - when she got home. The next morning, she found the child unconcious and sought medical attention.

Again, we don't know how long the baby was allegedly in the microwave. Certainly, if a microwave was involved, I can envision a scenario that would harm but not kill a little one immediately.

I don't know exactly what a microwave would do to an infant child (and obviously, many experts don't know either because it took them quite a while to piece together whatever evidence they have) but it doesn't seem such a stretch that the baby might have seemed to be sleeping with no immediate outward signs of shock. It would seem that the microwaves would have damaged internal organs and then death could have taken a while.

I would like to hear the expert opinion as to why they think a microwave was involved.

fran said:
I'm watching this on NG right now too.

As of right now, I'm not thinking it's the mom. She seems to devastated.

I need more information.

JMHO
fran
I just saw one video of the Mom and she seemed not only devastated, but flabbergasted that they think a microwave did this. Her reaction seems honest.

They had the mom's attorney on. The story on what happened is a little sketchy.

She has three children by a previous relationship, 4, 7, and 9. This baby was her's and her current bf.

She and bf went out until about 11 for drinks, came home, they had an argument and she went to bed. The bf was there according to mom's attorney, but at first NG said it was reported he was out until 6:30 A.M.

Mom said when she got home the baby was ok. Her attorney didn't say if she checked baby or not, just that baby was ok.

Sounds like the babysitter, bf's sister, went to bed before the couple came home.

In the morning the bf called out to the mom and said something was wrong with the baby. She didn't think much of it until he said it a little more forcefully the second time. That was when the mother saw the baby was dead.

Sounds iffy to me, imho.

JMHO
fran

The grandmother (mother of the mother) said that the bf was violent to the mom............

The bf has been arrested for domestic violence in the past.

Domestic violence situations, the abuser always has to have the last word.
Wonder if they were going to split up and..............

JMHO
fran

Gmommy said:
My best guess is that there is no babysitter.

Like I mention in my other post, if there was an alleged babysitter where is this person? Surely they would have had no trouble finding a person the baby's parents woudl be able to identify and hopefully would have a phone number and address for-not that there aren't parents out there who would leave their kids with a sitter they know nothing about :(

The DA must have a pretty strong case against the mother to have her be the only person charged, my own suspicions much as I do not want to believe it are the parents-one or both. I am not just ready to fully convict this mother based on what little information I know and I am interested in what details surface in court.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think about but clearly this is not the first case involving an appliance and an infant :(

I'm thinking that rather than no babysitter, there was one and he/she was interviewed and polygraphed. Also, they may have been able to determine that the microwaving occurred after the sitter was long gone from the scene.

It makes me sick, too. I have read of other cases just like this one and it has always been a parent who did it.

fran said:

She has three children by a previous relationship, 4, 7, and 9. This baby was her's and her current bf.

She and bf went out until about 11 for drinks, came home, they had an argument and she went to bed. The bf was there according to mom's attorney, but at first NG said it was reported he was out until 6:30 A.M.

Mom said when she got home the baby was ok. Her attorney didn't say if she checked baby or not, just that baby was ok.

Sounds like the babysitter, bf's sister, went to bed before the couple came home.

In the morning the bf called out to the mom and said something was wrong with the baby. She didn't think much of it until he said it a little more forcefully the second time. That was when the mother saw the baby was dead.

Sounds iffy to me, imho.

JMHO
fran

This puts a whole different light on the subject. I would hope that the BF nad the babysitter have been ruled out before the mother was charged, however.

fran said:
The grandmother (mother of the mother) said that the bf was violent to the mom............

The bf has been arrested for domestic violence in the past.

Domestic violence situations, the abuser always has to have the last word.
Wonder if they were going to split up and..............

JMHO
fran
Thanks for the info Fran. Based on some of these facts, it makes me wonder why the boyfriend wasn't fingered. History of violence and all. Of course, we all know that there are mothers who will harm their children to get back at the child's father.

southcitymom said:
The article indicates that the mother thought the child seemed fine - "nothing out of the ordinary" - when she got home. The next morning, she found the child unconcious and sought medical attention.

Again, we don't know how long the baby was allegedly in the microwave. Certainly, if a microwave was involved, I can envision a scenario that would harm but not kill a little one immediately.

I don't know exactly what a microwave would do to an infant child (and obviously, many experts don't know either because it took them quite a while to piece together whatever evidence they have) but it doesn't seem such a stretch that the baby might have seemed to be sleeping with no immediate outward signs of shock. It would seem that the microwaves would have damaged internal organs and then death could have taken a while.

I would like to hear the expert opinion as to why they think a microwave was involved.

I hate to mention this but I think a microwave cooks from the inside out and fat and sugars heat up faster than muscle. This is probably how they determined that it was a microwave. Also, there have been other cases where it was known that it was a microwave...they probably know from the other autopsies what a microwave does to an infant.

fran said:

Sounds iffy to me, imho.

JMHO
fran
Fran,

Did they talk at all about why they think a microwave was involved?

SCM

The babysitter is the bf's sister. I believe the mom's attorney said she had gone to bed before the couple returned to the home that evening.

The bf has taken a polygraph and police said he passed.

The mom has taken a polygraph and her attorney said she passed.

NG is giving the attorney trouble because the mom took her polygraph from an outside ceritified polygrapher and not directly from the police. I believe the attorney said the mom would be willing to take another one.

NG seems to have already made up her mind that it's the mom. I'm not so sure.

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther