Deceased/Not Found OH - Patricia 'Patti' Adkins, 29, Marysville, 29 June 2001

I'm wondering what it is going to take to solve this case. It seems like for over 20 years I've heard LE has the truck bed cover and there is a speck of blood so small that testing it for Patti's DNA would consume the entire stain. I believe there is a cat hair found on it that matched Patti's cat. So if tomorrow LE can test it w/o consuming all of it AND it turns out to be Patti's what do we have? A spot of blood that might have come from cut so small Patti might not even have been aware of it? And it isn't like the truck upholstery because it is removable so Patti could have come in contact with it while it was folded up in the cab sometime prior to that day. Plus in a no body case they usually need evidence that the volume of blood found is such that the victim would have been seriously injured or dead. And they don't have that here.

Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe this co-worker is responsible. I just wonder what else LE found in their searches because I can't believe this case hinges on testing that spot of blood. A witness? The location or use of the missing loan from Patti? Maybe the guy had an accomplice who knows something and they need him to talk? After 20+ years its past time for a resolution.

DEC 5, 2022

Patricia Adkins

patricia_adkins.jpg

On June 29, 2001, Patti Adkins clocked out of her job and headed into the parking lot of the Honda automotive plant where she worked in Marysville, Ohio. A Union County Sheriff’s Office press release says witnesses saw her “leaving the plant in her white Honda of America uniform.” Patti, 29, had planned on going to Canada with her boyfriend for a week-long vacation. But her family grew concerned when she failed to pick her daughter up from her sister’s house after the vacation. When family and police spoke to the boyfriend to ask if he knew where Patti was, they say he denied having any relationship at all with her. Authorities say courts have since declared Patti legally dead. While no arrests have been made in connection to Patti’s disappearance and presumed death, her then-boyfriend is considered the primary suspect in the case. In August 2021, it was announced that a $25,000 reward was being offered by Concerned Citizens for Patti for information leading to her location. In November 2022, the Union County Sheriff’s Office told Dateline that there are no new updates in Patti’s case. Patti is described as being 5’8” and weighing 120 lbs. at the time of her disappearance. She has pierced ears, a pierced belly button, and a tattoo of bluish-green flowers placed horizontally on her lower back. She would be 50 years old today. If you have any information on the circumstances surrounding Patti’s case, please call Lt. Jeff Stiers of the Union County Sheriff’s Office at 937-645-4126. Anonymous information may be left via voicemail on their Crime-Tip Hotline at (937) 642-7653.

JMO, there are people who know what happened and where Patti is, but they won't phone in a tip.

Neither LE jurisdiction wants to spend much time following up. There probably aren't any detectives on the job who were working when it happened. Unless there's more collaboration between jurisdictions or a reward to solve the murder, it will remain cold.

Someone posted a few posts back what I was thinking this entire thread. Where did he go fishing? Any obvious places on the route from work to home?

How is 2:30 a usual time to arrive home when you leave at 12 and it's 30 miles?

Someone posted a few posts back what I was thinking this entire thread. Where did he go fishing? Any obvious places on the route from work to home?

How is 2:30 a usual time to arrive home when you leave at 12 and it's 30 miles?
That time frame should provide some idea of the maximum distance where he took her body. ASSUMING the 0230 time is correct. If the wife is in on it, that might not be the actual time he came home.

So the blood has been tested (in 2016) and apparently it was the suspect’s and the other sample they had was of an unknown origin. They couldn’t get anything out of it essentially, whether it was male or female. Ok, so now what? UCSO Pros Atty TAKE THIS TO A GRAND JURY ALREADY!!! Let them decide.

So the blood has been tested (in 2016) and apparently it was the suspect’s and the other sample they had was of an unknown origin. They couldn’t get anything out of it essentially, whether it was male or female. Ok, so now what? UCSO Pros Atty TAKE THIS TO A GRAND JURY ALREADY!!! Let them decide.
On the Help Find Patricia Adkins facebook page, the blood test was inconclusive. And that test used up all the sample.

Do you have a source for this ?

I have never seen that anywhere

On the Help Find Patricia Adkins facebook page, the blood test was inconclusive. And that test used up all the sample.
No, people speculated that the sample was used up - nothing states that it was. Here’s part of the actual article from 2016IMG_5633.jpeg. The section about the blood testing is highlighted.

Where Is Patti Adkins | Bellefontaine OH

The cat hair in the Tano(SP?) cover has been tested and is proven to be the same hair as Patti's cat. The reason the blood has not been tested is because the speck they have(speck as in how much blood you would find if you squished a mosquito) would be used up in one test, and could very well be inconclusive. There fore they are waiting until forensic technology is better and more clarity can be brought from what they have.
I also want to Thank everyone who likes and share this page. I made it so that hopefully we can find where Patti is and bring her home. Also to let Brian Flowers KNOW that we did not forget about what he did, and that we will NOT stop looking for Patti. Someone knows something, and they will talk. all we can do is wait.

The FB page is now called ‘Where Is Patti Adkins?’

June 29, 2023

Oct 6, 2023

This might be a bit out there but if I was an investigating agent on this case I'd track where the lingerie was bought and if Patti had relayed any details to the shop assistant about where she was going, who she was going to see and what they would be doing out in the wilderness, I just think females would have a tendency to reveal those kinds of details similar to when they visit their nail tech or hairdresser...

There has to be a myriad of ways this case can be cracked; how odd to find a SPEC of blood on the bed of a truck??? and I also feel the loyalty between Brian Flowers and his wife is also a huge clue, how crazy is it that they still have access to internet and can also sleuth all of these conspiracy theories about what happened to his girlfriend...wild.

IMO, it can be cracked but it just needs a super onto it detective who can investigate it from all angles/sides..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back