OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just under a half hour to the new presser time. This is not the time to get the thread shut down for review. Stop speculating about a person who has not been named a suspect or POI by LE.

We may have more information to work with in a very short time.

I'm very intrigued by the idea of a more dynamic crime (or set of crimes) where one or more victims were killed, and the rest were killed in retaliation to the first murder(s). I'm still reading, but trying to make notes of possibilities.
Thank you to those who brought this up!

Have they told us yet what weapon(s) were used in the killings?

We have just under a half hour to the new presser time. This is not the time to get the thread shut down for review. Stop speculating about a person who has not been named a suspect or POI by LE.

We may have more information to work with in a very short time.

I'm terribly confused as the rules seem to change by thread on this site. I was under the impression it was ok to post info as long as it was not a link to someone's profile

It does appear the live presser is going to be aired on CNN. They're on a commercial break right now, but right before going to commercial... they were discussing the upcoming presser and showing footage of their reporters setting up in Piketon.

You can speculate generally but not that a specific person who has not been named in the press or by LE as a suspect or POI is responsible.

Okay to post: I wonder if this all stems from slighted or possessive feelings (a domestic situation) around this specific victim

Not okay to post: Maybe so and so did it because.

Hello All. I haven't been here in quite awhile. This horrific event touched a nerve. In the same region of Ohio as some of my family. I have been reading and watching all I could. I am still stunned something like this happened. I took some time to read all of the posts on this thread before I posted. Here are my thoughts and I wanted to get your input.

1 - the order the bodies were discovered (reported) is not necessarily the order of the killings, right?

2- the Facebook post of CRjr with the TOM PETTY song lyrics -- does anyone else believe the timing of that post may be very significant? Anyone have any speculation about why a 16 yr old would post that? Was it a macho play or a broadcast warning to someone? If the second, would it be necessary for the recepiant to also be on FACEBOOK?

3 - mentioned was auto related businesses/interests from derby racing to junk yard. Some one on this forum mentioned a family member actually bought lawn mower parts there at some point. Anyone give any consideration to stolen parts this family may have stumbled onto as they were doing their legitimate businesses?

4 - The last is a springboard from one of the news articles about how some family supposedly mentioned possible jealousy of a Derby car costing $3000. Some here thought that absurd. Many years ago I lived in rural GA. My hubby's work involved overseeing management of multiple restaurants. There was a class of folks who would work only long enough until they could afford a double wide and then they would quit. It seemed bizarre to me. I always wondered how they paid for utilities, food, etc! I mentioned this to my grandma in Southern Ohio at the time and she said there were the same sort of folks who lived in Southern Ohio too. So as I read the derby car story I couldn't help but think of what we lived/witnessed in rural GA.

5- This is a long shot but the proximity to HWY 32 and LUCASVILLE Prison (and CH's dad's possible work) - because of a case in Richmond VA years ago involving a classmate's sister and family who were viciously killed by convicts on the run. I The locations of the crimes suggested whoever did this planned it. So it wasn't crime spree of opportunity. And maybe it is because of CRjr's post, I wondered if the Rhodens had testified at some time or helped LE and someone released from prison (or orchestrated from prison) the planning and execution of these murders? I also wondered if CR Sr who passed away in 2008 may have played a role because those killed were not from a solitary immediate family but from his extended family and this could help explain why LE warned the remaining family to be on high alert.

These are just my thoughts/ponderings. At this time they don't even reach the bar of opinions really. The evil committed was so extreme, I am still reeling. I can't imagine how difficult this is for the family and community.

I look forward to hearing from any and all. :confused:

My head tells me this horrific crime was not the work of a solitary person. And my heart aches for LE to quickly put the pieces together and get these evil souls behind bars! And my prayers are for all of the Rhoden family (I had never heard that name until this tragedy occured.

I was just thinking about the swat team loading up with a convoy and paddy wagon with a town parade next to it, and announcing a press conference around the same time. They might be going to pick some people up, but maybe it's to flush suspects out, they were suiting up right in front of the town. That's interesting.

You can speculate generally but not that a specific person who has not been named in the press or by LE as a suspect or POI is responsible.

Okay to post: I wonder if this all stems from slighted or possessive feelings (a domestic situation) around this specific victim

Not okay to post: Maybe so and so did it because.

Thanks for clarifying.

Jessica Guay ‏@JessicaGuayWCHS 21m21 minutes ago
The press conference has been moved back to 4:45

I am hoping yall report for me! I dont have cable right now. Is there an online stream? (if my internet keeps up!)

---- oh, I see yall posted. thanks

I was just thinking about the swat team loading up with a convoy and paddy wagon with a town parade next to it, and announcing a press conference around the same time. They might be going to pick some people up, but maybe it's to flush suspects out, they were suiting up right in front of the town. That's interesting.

Yeah that made me think they wanted people to know, I even heard the parade music on the background of one clips. SWAT didn't do all that accidentally and they were not hiding at all.

live stream probably all Cincinnati tv stations google maybe

2- the Facebook post of CRjr with the TOM PETTY song lyrics -- does anyone else believe the timing of that post may be very significant? Anyone have any speculation about why a 16 yr old would post that? Was it a macho play or a broadcast warning to someone? If the second, would it be necessary for the recepiant to also be on FACEBOOK? bbm

First of all those are not Tom Petty lyrics, it's from the Rhett Walker Band. 2nd, teen aged boys are known for bravado plus it was posted over a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01