OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously whoever did this didn't know about new borns, they wake up all different hours. DR or HR could have been awake anytime during the night with a newborn.
Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know, that's a very good point.

So, there was someone out there just itchin' to murder Kenneth? Then, in the two-hour window between when LE informed the public about the homicides and the time Kenneth's body was discovered, this person hurried over to Kenneth's to murder him (in broad daylight)? For one thing, the time of death, if it occurred before anyone discovered the other bodies, would obviously rule out this theory. For another, Kenneth would still have to be sleeping late in the morning or early in the afternoon.
But we don't know his TOD so he could have been killed any time..I say that because his camper was unlocked...most people lock upon when they go to bed and add to that DS saying he was paranoid..he would be morelikely to double check door before going to bed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"If they indeed did wait for it" is a big if. At this point, we cannot make this assumption. Unless you know something I don't know. ;)
The killer(s) spared the other children - possibly this is why they waited for HR to have her baby. Their intent was to kill the adults and not the babies . I thought I read somewhere that HR had a planned C-section (not for where I read it though).

So, there was someone out there just itchin' to murder Kenneth? Then, in the two-hour window between when LE informed the public about the homicides and the time Kenneth's body was discovered, this person hurried over to Kenneth's to murder him (in broad daylight)? For one thing, the time of death, if it occurred before anyone discovered the other bodies, would obviously rule out this theory. For another, Kenneth would still have to be sleeping late in the morning or early in the afternoon.

Yup, I think it's possible. Not necessarily probable, but certainly possible.

EDIT: It's also possible that someone felt the need to murder Kenneth because of the news. Kenneth's body was found in a different way than the other bodies. There was money at his feet. The MO seems... different.

I am not in the "they waited for the baby to be born" camp. I really just think that is a coincidence. Now, they may have waited for Hannah to get out of the hospital or just knew she was out, so they could eliminate all of the adults. But, let's just give some thought to them waiting until the baby was born, if they did? Why wait? Well, if they did it before the baby was born, then Hannah would have been very pregnant with a full term baby. If they killed a pregnant lady, they in essence more than likely would also kill her baby, since there would be no telling how soon someone could get to the baby in the womb. So, once again....they did not want to kill the children, in the womb or out of the womb. Make sense? That is the ONLY reason I can think they would wait until the baby was born.

I truly believe that they waited for Hanna to have the baby for the very reason you stated, they had no intention of killing a baby. If they killed a pregnant woman, they kill the baby too. I think they intentionally waited until she had the baby so that they didn't kill anyone who didn't "need" (by their definition) to be killed. JMO

I've found, that GR's most recent address since 2011, was for an address in Waverly, not in Owensboro, Ky. Has anyone learned of any possibility, that any of the Rhodens who were murdered, had recently started to delve into harsher drugs? Possibly Heroin? I say this for two reasons, I've found Gary to be a common thread, and, I can't say about the Heroin.

GR's Waverly address is the same as KR's old Waverly address, where he lived with wife and kids, iirc.

IMO, moving the trailers into storage, moving them at all, is not going to pan out well for this case. For some reason I feel that defense is going to fight anything found in the mobile homes after being moved, or the storage unit they are located in will catch fire.

I do not cases like this, not one bit.

Once I saw all of the connections with past employment, medical companies, and car sale companies - there's no doubt in my mind who the missing link is. It's the only thing that adds up from every. single. direction.

Close enough that they'd never expect it. Like family.

JMO

IMO, moving the trailers into storage, moving them at all, is not going to pan out well for this case. For some reason I feel that defense is going to fight anything found in the mobile homes after being moved, or the storage unit they are located in will catch fire.

I do not cases like this, not one bit.

Is the storage facility they are using the old Atomic plant?

Once I saw all of the connections with past employment, medical companies, and car sale companies - there's no doubt in my mind who the missing link is. It's the only thing that adds up from every. single. direction.

Close enough that they'd never expect it. Like family.

JMO

What's interesting about this case to me is that there are so many people who make perfect sense and add up from every single direction. We could build a pretty convincing case for most of the people who have been mentioned here. The issue is that we're stuck looking at context and connections, without any evidence to point us in a certain direction or rule someone out.

What's interesting about this case to me is that there are so many people who make perfect sense and add up from every single direction. We could build a pretty convincing case for most of the people who have been mentioned here. The issue is that we're stuck looking at context and connections, without any evidence to point us in a certain direction or rule someone out.

Different things add up for different people. For me, personally, he is the only one that really goes "ding ding ding" and it also hits me in my gut really hard in a "oh my goodness, that's it" kind of way.

I hope I'm wrong, my goodness, I hope
I'm wrong...but my gut says I'm not. :(

Is the storage facility they are using the old Atomic plant?

No I thought maybe it was at first because of the description but they were taken to a place in Waverly.

But we don't know his TOD so he could have been killed any time..I say that because his camper was unlocked...most people lock upon when they go to bed and add to that DS saying he was paranoid..he would be morelikely to double check door before going to bed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Actually we don't know if the door was locked or not. All we know (per DS interviews) is that the outside padlock was not locked. The padlock was used when KR was not home, there may have been normal doorlock that could have been used from inside. The outside padlock may have been used because KR felt the standard doorlock wasn't "enough" for when no one was home. That padlock is the only one I've seen mentioned at KRs.

GR's Waverly address is the same as KR's old Waverly address, where he lived with wife and kids, iirc.
I think a lot of them had the same address simply because they lived somewhere that didn't have a mailbox and had their mail sent to their brother. I don't think kr had a mailbox according to ds so his mailing address was probably somewhere else. They necessarily didn't live there.

I agree. It's all a matter of likelihood. What is more likely, based on what we know, than something else? It's probably best not to get too invested in any single theory at this point.

I read this in today's Gannett Ohio papers: "DeWine has repeatedly told reporters that investigators are not approaching the case “with a grand theory” about what might have happened. Instead, he said, they are looking at each piece of evidence "without any preconceived notions.”....

And then I try to juxtapose that against what BJM says about them coming to their home at 4 a.m. asking her how much she was paid to kill her family.

Just to be honest here. Are all of the folks involved in this investigation on the same page and communicating regularly?

Could they have been cooperating with a higher branch of LE or Agency that involved Local LE corruption. NOT an opinion... just throwing it out for thought

I read this in today's Gannett Ohio papers: "DeWine has repeatedly told reporters that investigators are not approaching the case “with a grand theory” about what might have happened. Instead, he said, they are looking at each piece of evidence "without any preconceived notions.”....

And then I try to juxtapose that against what BJM says about them coming to their home at 4 a.m. asking her how much she was paid to kill her family.

Just to be honest here. Are all of the folks involved in this investigation on the same page and communicating regularly?

Bobby Jo Manley said she, her brother and his son as well as the two people who were with her that morning were taken to be questioned. They took her shirt and her pants and her shoes. They took her fingerprints and swabbed the inside of her mouth, presumably for her DNA, she said.

She said she understands why they had to do that; but she said she was startled by the question of a Pike County prosecutor's investigator.

"He asked me: 'How much did someone pay you to kill your family?' '' Manley said, again tearing up.

"I didn't kill my family," she said. "I'd never wish this on anybody."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

I didn't get the impression that this happened at her house at 4:00 in the a.m. Is there another source that says it did?

I think that was just an interrogation technique, designed to loosen up lips that might be hiding information to protect the guilty--or those who might be guilty of something unrelated likely to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000