OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping track of the housing shuffle involved is one heck of a task all by itself. You've got four crime scenes and three at least four of these people have lived at more than one of them at some point in time. It makes my brain hurt.

Have you heard of either FR's or DR's new place having cameras? If there were three grow ops, and only two places with cameras....would it stand to reason that it was somewhere nearer to FR's house? Or maybe at Dana's new place, only they hadn't had time to install them?

DeWine said, “Let me go ahead and I think it’s OK for me to confirm that we did find marijuana at three locations.” I took that as it could've been two of the locations around CR and FR's properties. There's a number of buildings, and DS said there were trays at KR's, or one tray in his garage, I think. So not sure if there was anything at Dana's, she did have some buildings, but I'm wondering if CR wanted to seperate them to keep them safer, so I don't know. The red barn was boarded up, was that because something was in it, or just to protect anything inside?

I was looking around at theories and noticed some folks saying CSR lived with Dana and was only using the trailer as a work trailer. I could see this. I mean, most guys would kill for a hang out spot, right? Kind of like his own man cave? But what about the cameras? Could it be that he was using it primarily AS a grow site, which is why he chose to have cameras there in particular? We know Kenneth had cameras, and we also know he had some plants in his garage....so it makes sense.

So where is the third site...was it without cameras, or has anyone mentioned FR or DR's having cameras? I feel like we're missing a third protected grow site in there somewhere....

I'm guessing there may have been a few plants at DR's place, but probably no business transactions went on there. Could have had some stage of plants growing in the garage there.

I think we scared intheknow74 off. We did come at them pretty strong with all those questions and we didn't even welcome them to the forum.

Welcome intheknow74 to WS
icon12.png

Maybe the person is getting approved to post as a local with information, being reminded the Rhodens are victims, and being careful not to post local gossip, as that's everywhere now. I love the input locals have been giving us to date. It's really helping get a picture of the area.

Small town life is all I can say. I honestly think the sheriff does a good job, but his duties only go so far. IMO, the problem lies with the prosecutor.

The guy who loaned JJ a gun? Yeah, well.. Just askin abt what I read, folks. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe the person is getting approved to post as a local with information, being reminded the Rhodens are victims, and being careful not to post local gossip, as that's everywhere now. I love the input locals have been giving us to date. It's really helping get a picture of the area.

Absolutely agree.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but once the LE followed me, took a package that was intended for my spouse, photographed w/themselves all happy with it, on their website, and dismantled my shatter lab, I'd be pretty certain that everyone else knew, including OIG. Maybe these folks were just naive. Like I said, I've not lived a very sheltered life, and have been around the block more than once. If that were my pot, sitting there in that photo, I'd be expecting a visit from OIG. I'd not be doing anything else, illegal, at all, not even speeding, after they nailed me w/that, period.

Lol. You would think, but some people are not that smart. We had a guy here in town who was getting illegal drugs in the mail (pills I think). The postal workers spotted it and when he went to pick it up he was told local LE took it. He waited a few months and when nothing happened he had some more sent. A few months later the newspaper reported the details along with his arrest. I am not real sure how postal inspectors work but they seem to get convictions as he got quite a bit of time out of it.

BTW I love your posts. You have a good sense of humor.

DeWine said, “Let me go ahead and I think it’s OK for me to confirm that we did find marijuana at three locations.” I took that as it could've been two of the locations around CR and FR's properties. There's a number of buildings, and DS said there were trays at KR's, or one tray in his garage, I think. So not sure if there was anything at Dana's, she did have some buildings, but I'm wondering if CR wanted to seperate them to keep them safer, so I don't know. The red barn was boarded up, was that because something was in it, or just to protect anything inside?

There's really no place on FR's place was there, IIRC, unless it was inside the trailer? Much too early to have an active grow-site outside at that time of year. Frost danger. I'm thinking when they said one indoor, two outdoor, maybe they meant one in the house and two in sheds outside. Could be FR used the other bedroom for I guess. The couch was said to be where the toddler slept.

When we had one at the post office I work at it was found because the package was damaged..you could smell it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Maybe you can explain better than I can what happens when drugs are sent in the mail, and how the postal inspectors work.

Lol. You would think, but some people are not that smart. We had a guy here in town who was getting illegal drugs in the mail (pills I think). The postal workers spotted it and when he went to pick it up he was told local LE took it. He waited a few months and when nothing happened he had some more sent. A few months later the newspaper reported the details along with his arrest. I am not real sure how postal inspectors work but they seem to get convictions as he got quite a bit of time out of it.

BTW I love your posts. You have a good sense of humor.

Wow, there's always those folks that just aren't blessed with much upstairs, are they? I've been around them too. lol (And thanks, I enjoy yours as well. :) )

The thing about that barn. It was boarded up quite some time before any other outbuildings were. We had some intense fellowship over that barn too. LOL.

Does anyone have the pic of DR'S new living room handy. The one where the box is on the couch. I glanced at it the other day and wondered if it was cameras and forgot to look later.....

I'm not trying to be difficult, but once the LE followed me, took a package that was intended for my spouse, photographed w/themselves all happy with it, on their website, and dismantled my shatter lab, I'd be pretty certain that everyone else knew, including OIG. Maybe these folks were just naive. Like I said, I've not lived a very sheltered life, and have been around the block more than once. If that were my pot, sitting there in that photo, I'd be expecting a visit from OIG. I'd not be doing anything else, illegal, at all, not even speeding, after they nailed me w/that, period.

I don't think a lot of people realize that US mail becomes "federal" when something illegal happens. I had someone try to argue with me a few months ago when I made the comment that shooting a mail carrier when they're on duty is a federal offense.

Picture link:

http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/abramsmom2015/media/8E1302A5-39FE-4216-ABA4-FA89254C7126_zpsl37rnipq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Seeing the actual locations really helped me get a better perspective on the crimes. I pictured the road to be a more "wide open spaces" country road. I was completely wrong. The pictures that have been shown and the videos are really misleading. Chris's and Frankie's lot was so small in comparison to what it looks. Everything look kind of spaced out on the aerial pictures but it's much closer quarters in real life. I can only imagine how cramped it would have been with all the cars. It was hard to get pictures because I was so close to the lots. The trailers had to have been sitting fairly close to the road. Also, the road is heavily wooded and on the narrow side.
And they had neighbors- close by. I have no idea how someone didn't hear something. It's baffling really..

you all know the drill. The thread is long. Here is a link to the new one: Thread #15

This one will close in ten. Start moving over now.

Like I posted earlier, local LE doesn't have jurisdiction. That is the OIG's jurisdiction. Yes, the postal worker may have called local LE but you can bet her/his or the postmaster's next call was to OIG. It would have been out of local LE's hands and they would have been told to turn over everything they had and back off.

Why would the OIG be called in?

I know it hasn't been ten minutes yet but I have some kids to get to their extracurricular activities. This thread is closed. Move on over to Thread #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member