OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of the posts DR made about her deceased friend she refers to him as "the best male friend I ever had" or similar words. She also references talks during walks and while driving the backroads. I get the sense that he was somewhat a confidant and while maybe not a love type interest he was someone she thought very highly of, a bestie, if you will. That is JMO, me speaking as sleuth, not as mod

She definitely thought very highly of him the way it seems. Do we know what happened to him? Or is that off topic?

I don't really understand the big deal over the fact that DS didn't find KR until several hours later. I know they were supposed to go to an auction together or something, but It also appears that DS may not have been the most dependable person when it came to doing stuff.

Now with that said here is what I'm getting at. Everyone is all down on DS for not finding him for all those hours, but why is no one making a big deal over the fact that none of his (even more closely related) family members didn't checked on him, or even tried to contact him to tell him what was going on. There's a mother, and I think there are maybe 4 sisters, 2 brothers, and at least a son, and none of those people checked on him.

Yes, agreed. That's what I was trying to get at, but you put it much more succinctly. Thanks!

a few of the posts regarding Dana's deceased friend in the days before her murder can be found here. Dana seems to have been greatly affected by this gentleman's death. We are NOT discussing him or his death. Members have noted that she posted these asking that he keep a watchful angelic eye on her family. That CAN be discussed.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/258483487665252/permalink/551862434994021/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/258483487665252/permalink/552310754949189/

I had not seen her 3/31 post on his page before. Wonder what she would talk to him about more?

We do know who he was living with - I'm sure the police have followed up on this...

We do? I haven't seen anywhere in his interviews where he says where and who he was living with. I might have missed it. I've seen SM that indicates the exact opposite.

Exactly!!! I'm not running down DS for not finding him. It's the rest of the family, Kenneth's closer relatives that failed to get in contact with him that is strange. He had 2 kids and according to one of their FB pages, she lives in Piketon/Waverly. I'm not even saying they should have been concerned he was murdered too. What I'm saying is his brother and other family members were brutally murdered and you would think someone would have at least made contact (via phone or in person) sooner than 5 hours. I never said DS should have found him earlier. I said the fact that no one reached out to him earlier is baffling.

I've said from day 1- the person(s) responsible for this is going to be closer than most people think. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE

No one ever said, that I have read, DS should have found KR sooner. This is really directed at the antecedent to the above post.

Maybe KR told him not to spend the night and not to come in morning maybe KR knew something was coming or up. Today I believe the DA is clueless or it's not there top priority on the murder but have a lot of info now on other activities that there trying to capitalize on and hope they get the answers/evidence they don't have to the murders. Also think it irresponsible that they maybe leaving the perps on the street unless there in custody on other charges. Or there using the perps to get to others which is irresponsible to. The community should be demanding answers instead of letting them side stepping the question.

Regarding DR and her friendship with BH. I read every single page of her "In Memory of" page to him. Two years of daily posts.

i got the distinct impression that the two of them were good friends and she confided in him.
More than once, DR referred to "evil ones" saying to BH "you know who they are".
This may not be exact wording, but very close.
DR referred to texting with BH. Talking about her problems, worries, stress. Again, not exact words.
This talk and texting was in the years prior to his death.
The broad powers of the various L E agencies must have retrieved DR computer, phone, texts, emails. And also those of
BH. It must be a gold mine. At least I hope so.

a few of the posts regarding Dana's deceased friend in the days before her murder can be found here. Dana seems to have been greatly affected by this gentleman's death. We are NOT discussing him or his death. Members have noted that she posted these asking that he keep a watchful angelic eye on her family. That CAN be discussed.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/258483487665252/permalink/551862434994021/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/258483487665252/permalink/552310754949189/

She also made a post on May 14 2015 asking him to keep an eye on her kids and the love of her life Chris. I think he was her best guy friend of many years and seemed close to his kids also.

I don't really understand the big deal over the fact that DS didn't find KR until several hours later. I know they were supposed to go to an auction together or something, but It also appears that DS may not have been the most dependable person when it came to doing stuff.

Now with that said here is what I'm getting at. Everyone is all down on DS for not finding him for all those hours, but why is no one making a big deal over the fact that none of his (even more closely related) family members didn't checked on him, or even tried to contact him to tell him what was going on. There's a mother, and I think there are maybe 4 sisters, 2 brothers, and at least a son, and none of those people checked on him.

I personally think it's b/c it is such a large family on the Rhoden side. KR and CR1 have six living siblings and a mother, non of which were being grilled at the crime scene beginning at 8:01 a.m. I'd most likely call my family, to come stay with me b/c they are right up the road, but I'd probably not call my former b-i-l's family. I'd leave that for the police. Who, I'd say, all 12 of them were on scene for hours. With that said, it seems that part of the Rhoden family were not super close and I'd also venture a guess that cell service in Pike County (based on my experience of driving in Appalachia) is not great. So if people were not near a landline they may not have been able to be contacted. Others may have been working and not seen the news til lunch break.

In regards to DR's profile picture update that is no longer there, I can verify that I also saw it. It was one of the first things that I saw, actually. It was time stamped somewhere after 2 AM on the 22nd, but I can't remember an exact time. I recall thinking it was extremely late and wondering if maybe she hadn't been winding down or helping her daughter with the baby. I've looked everywhere for a screenshot of that to send in, but I'm coming up empty handed. I'm hoping someone else can find it for the mods....

On another note....

Does anyone know what the heck Gary did for a living? I saw someone said he hadn't clocked in that day, but I've never heard mention of his place of employment or what it was he did in his day to day. Was it in Greenup or down in Pike? It seems odd to me that he would be all the way down in Pike if he worked in Greenup. I mean, it's not a horrible drive, but it's not one I would make just to visit family that could wait until I had a day off...granted, that's just me. You'd have to give me a pretty good reason to tack 45 minutes on to my morning commute!

In regards to DR's profile picture update that is no longer there, I can verify that I also saw it. It was one of the first things that I saw, actually. It was time stamped somewhere after 2 AM on the 22nd, but I can't remember an exact time. I recall thinking it was extremely late and wondering if maybe she hadn't been winding down or helping her daughter with the baby. I've looked everywhere for a screenshot of that to send in, but I'm coming up empty handed. I'm hoping someone else can find it for the mods....

On another note....
Estella, I TOTALLY agree with you, but I made the same statements earlier and was accused of starting rumors. All of those posts have since been removed. But you are entirely correct, it WAS THERE.

True. But MSM still states he "lived" at 4077. BJM has made it clear she was expecting to find Chris at 4077 when she stated she ran in yelling "Rhoden! Rhoden"" which is what she called Chris. I'm just sayin.

I see the point, but I just don't believe he was living there. Operating business out of there, yes. We had a local poster who has stated that the entire family did live at 4077, until CR1 bought the property where DR and the kids were found. IIRC they stated that they lived as a family. I'd have to go back through posts to find it, and I'm not really ready to argue the point that hard right now.

You know....just looking at DR's posts to BH, wow. That's a lot of heartbreak.

I know right? I've lost a lot of friends. I miss them all. One hit the two year anniversary, just this past week, (as did BH last month IIRC), but I swear I've never mourned anyone that deeply. I feel kinda bad about myself.

Regarding Gary's work, someone answered to me that his father said he'd gone up to stay with CRsr to "work on cars."
KR worked with DS "working on cars," as well.
I have wondered more than a few times what "working on cars" means to the Rhodens.

I'd love to know when Gary went to Piketon, and the circumstances he left behind in Greenup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125