OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the most fascinating cases I have ever followed. Learning sketchy secrets is nothing new in cases like this, but this one is different for the sheer number of secret goings on. I find out something new almost daily that makes me stop and say "Oh my God!".Everyone in Pike, Adams, Ross, Greenup, and Scioto counties are suspects, at this point.

Regarding the scene not being cleaned, does anyone know if bacteria could contaminate the scene and impact its preservation?

This is one of the most fascinating cases I have ever followed. Learning sketchy secrets is nothing new in cases like this, but this one is different for the sheer number of secret goings on. I find out something new almost daily that makes me stop and say "Oh my God!".Everyone in Pike, Adams, Ross, Greenup, and Scioto counties are suspects, at this point.
Bigfoot hasn't been ruled out, either.

CSIDreamer asked....

What ifs:

What if someone stumbled onto something bigger than marijuana, cars, cockfighting, whatever else we've dreamed up. What might they/he/she have stumbled on to? That would have gotten them all silenced? Anyone care to beat up some ideas with me? I'm going to go big here...... The Rhoden family is responsible for some of the other unsolved murders in the area, or maybe are responsible for the death of someone's loved one? On not such a big scale maybe they were printing and passing counterfeit money, but then the secret service would be involved.

What could someone lose that would make them think killing 8 people was worth it? A loved one in the eyes of some.

What could someone gain that would make them think killing 8 people was worth the chance of getting caught? Other than to say their own satisfaction I'd have to pass on this one.

Do we have any idea based on facebook pages we can look at, where the 8 were at together definitely besides assuming Chris Sr.'s place? This is just some possibilities.... A family dinner, wedding, or funeral. Demolation Derby.

Good stuff! At least to me. I like thinking outside the box. I'll also add gatherings such as baby showers (they're coed around here), family reunions.

Regarding the scene not being cleaned, does anyone know if bacteria could contaminate the scene and impact its preservation?

Not an expert, but I'd think so. Makes me really wonder what they are doing/have done with the mattresses, carpet, etc. that must be soaked with blood, etc. I think I remember cases where evidence was unusable because it was stored in plastic bags, instead of paper. IMHO

Not that this matters a whole heck of a lot, but I did notice today that UHR has a couple of cell phone towers in very close proximity. Guess I never had much reason to look for them before this happened. Gosh, we need someone to throw us a bone, or a least a little morsel. :maddening: It's gotten to the point that locals aren't even discussing it, and even rumors are at a standstill.

I think that they have collected all that type of evidence by now (or hope ) but anyway they can use blood decades later.
This whole thing leaves me scratching my head

I imagine it's no different than leaving a house "crime scene" vacant and locked down. In this case since they can move the crime scene, I guess it's more cost effective??? And I wondered, does LE think someone would tamper with the scenes such as arson? I certainly would not want to be a lone deputy out there protecting one of those sights. Scary!

Completely, it's so they aren't vandalized.
Second, the cost to have someone watch it, so it isn't.
Third, so if they do catch perps they can confirm details with how it looks.
I don't know why there is any doubt about this, everyone can have conspiracy theories...if there was money in the walls, etc, they'd have taken as evidence

I think that CR Sr got in over his head. I think he had his hands dipped into many pies waiting to see what would strike him rich. I think he thought he was a super bada**. I think GR was his right hand man. I don't think those two hand any idea what they hand stumbled upon. In their world, they ruled. They never thought someone else would have more power, money, whatever...

i think Dana was riding on her good fortune. Whet her it was live and/or money, she had another mouth the feed on a low income. Being back with CR Sr, she had a new house and a promise life would be better. Maybe the grow op was going to expand to her new place. Who knows. I think she knew without knowing or prying. I believe CR Sr sold her a line that he would take care of everything and she wanted to believe it.

I see KR as having an isolated family property where it was easier to do the family business without interruption. I think the next generation of boys was raised on the fringes and we're ready to take it to the next level. I think the girls were innocent bystanders.

Overall, I think this was probably related to drugs. And now LE has stumbled upon all the other pieces of the pie. I think the family trusted CR Sr to provide. And I think his ego led them down the wrong path. Sad.

Please give me some other theories!

I think most everyone knows I'm utterly convinced Chris Sr. was living at 4077. So, let's not beat that horse again. BUT. I've wondered if part of the deal with Chris and Dana was he get her somewhere to live that wasn't right smack dab in the middle of whatever he was involved in. A mile and a half away is close, but not on the same property. Just my outside the box thinking.

I think most everyone knows I'm utterly convinced Chris Sr. was living at 4077. So, let's not beat that horse again. BUT. I've wondered if part of the deal with Chris and Dana was he get her somewhere to live that wasn't right smack dab in the middle of whatever he was involved in. A mile and a half away is close, but not on the same property. Just my outside the box thinking.

I could see that. Sort of like when your home business expands and you finally move into an office. In this case, he moved his living quarters instead of his business. And he had a trusted cousin to take over the day to day.

I know there's the issue of Dana's male friend that was killed a few years ago, but I'm not real sure that Chris and Dana didn't divorce more for "business purposes" or just to "help things along" in case they were caught doing something wrong. Not sure how to explain it, but I'm just wondering if they divorced entirely for because they were no longer in love.

This is the quote I found from the coroner who, BTW, is named Lakshmi Kode Sammarco:

"All sustained fatal gunshot wounds (GSW) to the body including head, torso and extremities ... there was one victim with a single GSW, one victim with 2 GSWs, two victims each with 3 GSWs, one victim with 4 GSWs, two victims each with 5 GSWs and one victim with 9 GSWs."

I take this to mean that the multiple gunshot wounds each person sustained (with the exception of KR, who received only one) were fatal in combination. I could be wrong, but I doubt the coroner meant that each GSW, by itself, would have been fatal. In other words, she is saying that they all died from gunshot wounds.

Dang! If KR only had one that means both Hanna and Hannah were shot more than once, in bed with the babies. Makes me think it was overkill to put it bluntly, either in a hatefilled rage, or just a murderer who loves their job. Maybe KR was so asleep they only had to shoot one time in the head, or if different killers went into the homes it just depended on the shooter.

While not unprecedented, a jury walk through is also a very rare occurence, isn't it? I just hope they arrest the real perp(s) and not some patsy who get's multiple death sentences because of LE's house of smoke and mirrors tour and cover up. Like MM stated, "they've got all the evidence" at their disposal and can do anything they want behind closed doors.

It's very rare. I'm still trying to figure out who all you are saying is involved in this coverup. Can you clear that up a little for me? Maybe I missed a reply or something, sorry if I did! I'm just curious.

It's my thinking that the place was purchased for Dana so that Frankie & Hannah could have their own home. I don't know what Frankie & Hannah's living situation looked like before, but they had 2 children. 6 adults and 2 children (plus Hanna's on the way) living in two trailers... those are some really tight quarters!

Dang! If KR only had one that means both Hanna and Hannah were shot more than once, in bed with the babies. Makes me think it was overkill to put it bluntly, either in a hatefilled rage, or just a murderer who loves their job. Maybe KR was so asleep they only had to shoot one time in the head, or if different killers went into the homes it just depended on the shooter.

Another possibility was that the shooter wanted to make sure they were dead and didn't suffer. One shot can severely injure. Two shots are more likely to kill

I can't find the date because coincidentally the arrest can't be found on any news website however the pike county sheriff has a list of incarcerated individuals and Person C's name appears on there and only appears at or around a week ago.

Yes, C is in custody until his hearing on 5/25/16. He was picked up 5/20/16 because he has had a warrant out since 1/20/16 for FTA to pre-trial for his 6/1/15 crime.

I ran across this and don't remember seeing it. Apparently there was an exclusive interview w/GR's father but I cannot find the entire interview, where he is quoted as saying in the text below:

"Kenneth said according to the coroner there were two different bullet casings found at the scene, leading him to believe this crimes were the acts of more than one person.".

They even say, in the video, that at 6p.m. they will bring us more of the interview w/ GR's father and what he thinks. There are clips of quotes of what I'm guessing is the missing interview w/pics of GR's father, on this reporter's Twitter too, @kevin10tv on April 28, but the other part of the interview I cannot find, that actually has GR's father speaking those words. Just found it interesting and thought I'd share.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...r-victims-says-killer-should-be-tortured.html

First timer here, be gentle please ; ).
I could see the loved ones of an overdose victim seeking revenge. You destroyed my family, now I'll destroy yours. This person could have declared war on drug dealers- Elsmere, Minford and the Rhodens. The kingpins in Minford and Rhoden cases beaten and shot. CR1 and GR possibly drug to their beds. Almost like a message to the dealers regarding, how do you sleep at night?

Ohhhhh...interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member