OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that we KNOW there are drag marks in CRsr's trailer, but do we KNOW that those marks are from 2 bodies? Or could it have been from 1? We don't really know, right?
I think you are correct that we don't really know.

From http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/:

She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway. She left her cellphone charging in the car and went up to the trailer. She turned the handle of the door and thought it was odd it was locked, she said. She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner. The animals normally stayed inside the trailer, she said.

She found the key and opened the door.

She saw a “bunch of blood in the front room,’’ and what looked like drag marks in blood from there to a back bedroom.

“I yelled Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden!’’ she recalled, and ran to Chris Rhoden's bedroom.

That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his back. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his back. He was dead, as well.

I think you are correct that we don't really know.

From http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/:

She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway. She left her cellphone charging in the car and went up to the trailer. She turned the handle of the door and thought it was odd it was locked, she said. She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner. The animals normally stayed inside the trailer, she said.

She found the key and opened the door.

She saw a “bunch of blood in the front room,’’ and what looked like drag marks in blood from there to a back bedroom.

“I yelled Rhoden! Rhoden! Rhoden!’’ she recalled, and ran to Chris Rhoden's bedroom.

That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his back. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his back. He was dead, as well.

Thanks, I'm not sure it matters at all, but just crossed my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm not sure it matters at all, but just crossed my mind.
It's a curious detail to me too. I was happy to go look for the source to make sure I hadn't hallucinated it haha. At this point there are a lot of different interviews from a lot of different people in a lot of different places - thanks so much to those of you who have posted to the media thread making the search much easier!

All quoted subjects about are shortened for brevity by me!

I wonder if they had some pups on the premises. Didn't Frankie breed coonhounds?

That accounts for 9. Still 5 running loose?

The pups probably came w/first shots and wormings. A lot of people give those to them themselves. You can buy the vaccine/wormer at Tractor Supply. If you don't board nor groom your dogs then you don't need a vet statement..

There were dog kennels in the back of the trailer. They raised coon hounds. There were probably so many dogs, barking so often, and so long, that they probably paid no mind to it. My grandfather had foxhounds, and a .

A hunting dog is liable to chase some game animal and get lost in the woods. They are usually tied out or in a kennel type caged area when they are not being worked with or trained...

I as well thought they might have the coons/working dogs in kennels due to the fact if they got a scent they are gone! It is also my understanding that with coon dogs they use the tracking collar to find them and if they don't have them on they are either in a kennel or on some sort of tether. A friend bought 4 of these dogs to track cougars in our area. They lasted less then a month and they were gone due to all the barking! I have not ever owned one and I don't know if they get better but the few times I saw them they were relentless ha ha ha I also give all my own shots but rabies. I think this might be common in rural communities. I have also had my equine vet give them.

Only one person mentioned cash at KR's house and that was DS. DeWine tried to put that away as rumor. I have heard that even in states where pot is legal, since it is still a federal crime, banks .
Other things I've wondered:

What was the deal with $ at KR trailer? Was there really any lying on the body, and if so, how much? This is so strange to me because KR was in bed and
I guess I wonder about a lot of things, LOL.

I wonder about the money around KR as well. I wonder if killing him was a way to throw LE off the trail of the actual killer and throwing the money around was a way to complicate it even more and make it point to the grow operation. It could be that the grow had nothing what-so-ever to do with the murders at all.
In regards to the cash from legal grow operations and sales: The money issue has been a huge issue for states its legal in (like here in Oregon) and I had heard they are working on figuring out a solution due to the crime that comes with having that kind of cash on hand at these locations and in the hands of the owners. Not to mention the tax that is lost on a cash type business and the bookkeeping shenanigans that would be easy to do. So there are several reasons why the everyone wants to gets this figured out.

Agreed. Our motion sensor light has come on from a leaf blowing by, and subsequently doesn't turn on for me when I walk outside and am jumping around waving trying to get it to trigger. Most of the time it's useful, but it has its temperamental moments.

This made me laugh. Been there done that! Ha ha

Counterfeit cash? Possible. Maybe they tried to pay someone w/it and it backfired. I think it's a stretch though. But for some reason I can see CR1 trying to pull something over on someone and picked the wrong person.

As for DR's prayers, she asked that guy to watch over her constantly. She seemed obsessed w/him. But, that particular day, if I'm counting correctly, would have been about the time that HR would have been going into labor, and there was some drama surrounding the event that we cannot discuss, so both things were probably troubling her. Wanting a healthy baby and mom, and no drama at that hospital.

I agree about the prayers and drama at the hospital part. Once we are able to talk about that, if it ends up being relevant, it will speak to motive IMO .

This is what I think happened too. I don't think she was at all involved in the murders. She may have unknowingly given the murderers information, very unintentionally on her part. She may not of been forthcoming at first with LE because she was scared to give them information (murderers are still out there). Also she may not of given information about knowing illegal activity was going on not knowing if LE was going to use the information to arrest people that had nothing to do with the murders.
I cannot imagine being in her shoes, she had to be so scared. At the same time LE needed to do thier job and all of the information from her. If she was hiding information to protect herself or others LE needs to know. It could be something that she doesn't think has to do with the murders, but could be the link they need to break the case.
It's just my opinion, but I do think she is cooperating with LE now and wants these murders solved.
I agree. I believe she is fully cooperating as well, NOW. I also think she didn't at first due to fear. What a mess. Such a sad sad situation for this family.

Also just as a side note, as a family that has guns and I have a CWP I can say we don't have guns just laying out or by our bed and wouldn't without having a safe but we are raising boys. BUT we have had times that we have had them within reach at night when we felt we needed them at the ready. With that said, I believe most people like us would do the same if they felt they needed the protection. In the times we have felt we needed to have protection lets just say we were not sleeping soundly. Based on the very little that we know, that most of them were found in bed and appear to have been shot while sleeping I feel so strongly they weren't in fear for their lives. I believe that they knew there was a big problem but had no idea they would die because of it. All JMO of course. Wish we knew more. It sounds selfish to say that but for me living so rural has been a very hard transition for me, even 16 years later. When I delivered my son my house was robbed and that almost ended our rural living. Hearing about a case like this and not knowing the what, why and how is very unnerving! My heart breaks for this family. I have a feeling their hearts will just get broken again when this case is revealed. It is my prayer for this family that when they make arrests that it is quick and that justice will be swift and that they don't have to live through this for years and years whether its to get solved or through the justice process. The crime was enough to live through.

All of this is JMO as I have said before I only know the facts that we all know! please excuse any typo or grammar errors. Multi tasking today, this post has taken me forever to finish

According to the article, the counterfeit bills range from $1 to $100. Also, the bills began turning up in Portsmouth in February. I've seen absolutely no evidence, not even a hint, that the bills found at the foot of Kenneth's bed were counterfeit. Not only that, but why would the killers make it EASIER to track them down by deliberately leaving evidence behind?

Maybe "first reported in Feb", but the article is about "a LARGE SPIKE in counterfeit cash" around the 28th.

Killers left behind a whole camper and everything in it, including the owner. All evidence.

oneilgirl75 posted:

"I agree about the prayers and drama at the hospital part. Once we are able to talk about that, if it ends up being relevant, it will speak to motive IMO"

BAM, I agree!!

(BBM) What leads you to think that money was the motive for these murders?

I've pondered that at length myself, but some of the facts don't fit neatly, at least for a simple robbery. The part that gets me is that it seems like if your goal is to obtain cash that was sitting around the premise, there is almost guaranteed to be a much simpler way to do that than killing 8 people at 4 scenes. For something that sure looks like a planned crime, it seems like a planned robbery would go down differently: definitely fewer or no murder victims, probably fewer locations, different timing to avoid people being there, etc.

IMO if this crime has something to do with money, it was more likely to be in the longer-term sense (competition in some money-making enterprise) than a grab for short-term profit (what may/may not have been sitting around at the time).

Like you, I do keep coming back to the money though. For me it's mainly the DS interview. Either:
- DS was being truthful and there was some sort of $ (or fake $) on KR body. If this is the case, that would definitely be an interesting and IMO probably meaningful detail.
- The statement DS made to the Daily Mail was inaccurate for some reason: he was either making something up, or saw something that wasn't money on the body but he thought that it was. I think the former would be more likely than the latter because how would you really get that confused?! But wouldn't that be a helluva thing to make up, and guaranteed to draw attention from the investigators? That doesn't really make sense to me either.

Because most motives for murder is money. Someone stands to gain from that murder. The two most common motives are love/hate and money/greed. Since there is zero evidence of any illicit affairs and zero evidence anyone was involved with someone else then the next best motive is money. That is why I keep coming back to financials. How much money could it be said that they might have been making from various activities both legal and illegal and how much were the expenses for said activities. Of course I am looking at it from my point of view being in the occupation that I am in and I realize that not all income is reported. But whether it was reported on their taxes or not, to generate income you must have expenditures. In other words it is simple math and while witnesses might forget and others might not tell the truth, the numbers never lie. If they earned x amount of dollars and spent x amount of dollars to get it then what you have left is cash on hand that someone might kill for.

Or what appears to be on hand as in the case of someone being closely involved enough to see the cash coming in but not thinking about the expenses to get it. In other words they see a lot of cash money coming in and think hey this family is making a fortune, they must have thousands in cash hidden.

oneilgirl75 posted:

"I agree about the prayers and drama at the hospital part. Once we are able to talk about that, if it ends up being relevant, it will speak to motive IMO"

BAM, I agree!!

I have gone over all we know from MSM. I have lots of theories. I don't like any of them but I like that one the least of all. The grow op angle and money makes sense especially if they had "rented" out the space and put an end to that and kept the supplies which could include a huge loss not even counting the plants. Or if they cut someone out or just weren't cutting someone in so you would have jealousy. However if it was a grow op angle I would think there would have been more of a concern for their safety. I would think they would have partly seen it coming on some level. I just don't get the feeling that they had any real concern or they would have been armed and not sleeping very good. The timing, I also believe is relevant as I think something was about to happen. JMO

I don't have any medical training, obviously, so I don't know anything about the half life of the gases relevant or what side effects you could expect. Please share if you have knowledge of this. I mean, nothing else is happening. :)

I have a medical background but I'm certainly not an expert however I also have a special needs child so I've dealt with anesthesia and gas quite a lot. It's by weight and so it would take a lot more of the substance for a male adult then it would a small child. If the whole trailer was flooded with the stuff I think to the infant it could've been deadly. Even a small child at the age of 1 under for an Hour often takes awhile to come out of it often sleeping a few hours then wakes up rather irritable and disoriented. Then takes a bottle etc and often goes back asleep. Therefore I just don't feel like this is I viable scenario at least in DR & FR house. There is no way to get the gas to just the adults and not the children and that would be equivalent to giving a child the adult dose of ambien etc .

I don't believe *advertiser censored* fight, derby, car selling, money laundering, mj, revenge, had anything to do with this other then it was a cash flow enterprise with cash in house.

imo cr1 ( office /trailer ) was first hit as cr1 had all the info as to where it was. As soon as CR was confronted it was several body shots just to let it be known he was seriouse - GR here's the commotion and tries to leave by back window - he's caught and killed ( 3 head shots ) perp keeps questioning CR about where money is ( tells immediately ) realizing situation. Perp takes keys from senior ,
another scenario would be as mentioned by another commenter is that perp made Gr dispatch CR by a phone call - either way someone tries to escape out the window.

once the perp has the keys everyone else is easy - only one house was broken into as from what I understand.

once done he's on his way to kr - k is key as he was his information soarse as to the inner workings of the family and business.

a small caliber gun was used at first either with a silencer or not - inside a home it wouldn't be heard.

disposses of gun on the way to KR as not to be caught with murder weapon - uses a large caliber on kr one shot.
thats the shot hunter heard.

the dragging of bodies is to keep out of sight while he cleans up takes camera etc.....

again, in my opinion - one man one hour plus -

there was no way anyone was going live.....there is nobody left to say a word.

this guy is very good at what he does - if he knows he's going to kill everyone alive , do you think he's going to bring his bestys ? Because of coarse there not going to talk if caught , right ?

this guy knows for a fact he's not going to make a mistake - the more people involved the better chances of getting caught - more contamination, blood, weak conciounce ,talking, shoe prints, etc....

If you are capable of killing woman and children in there sleep you are most definetly a psychopath.... You don't have to be drewling from the mouth, you just have to have NO CONCIOUNCE.

this guy lives and works in the area - there's not 100 people in Ohio like him, more like 2 or 3 ........wouldn't you think you could make the connections.......

the pool is so much deeper when you add all the other distraction ( *advertiser censored* fighting , cars , etc )

who was kr hanging around with ? Did he go to auctions with somebody ? That's where I would be going.

im personally getting alittle aggravated at the lack of info - what's worst he could do .....run ? There Isent a place in the world he could go.......

i think he's laughing at le.....

This is exactly the theory I have, or pretty close to it!!
He didn't care about the dogs barking, he was going to do what he came to do and didn't care. For that matter, if you are heartless enough to shoot people who are lying in bed with a baby, would you care to shoot a dog if it got in his way??

IMO he had been there many times. Either family or business partner. He knew where the camera was and snatched it up and took it with him. He didn't worry about taking it apart nicely, it was probably going to be thrown into the river anyway. Just tank it down and GO!

I also feel like DR and FR were just as involved with this as CR1 and GR. No other reason for HR, HHG, and CR2 to have to die other than they were in the same houses as the other two and would have been witnesses

Your post about "fake $" made me think of something. Is it possible that the Rhodens were counterfeiting?

(BBM) What leads you to think that money was the motive for these murders?

I've pondered that at length myself, but some of the facts don't fit neatly, at least for a simple robbery. The part that gets me is that it seems like if your goal is to obtain cash that was sitting around the premise, there is almost guaranteed to be a much simpler way to do that than killing 8 people at 4 scenes. For something that sure looks like a planned crime, it seems like a planned robbery would go down differently: definitely fewer or no murder victims, probably fewer locations, different timing to avoid people being there, etc.

IMO if this crime has something to do with money, it was more likely to be in the longer-term sense (competition in some money-making enterprise) than a grab for short-term profit (what may/may not have been sitting around at the time).

Like you, I do keep coming back to the money though. For me it's mainly the DS interview. Either:
- DS was being truthful and there was some sort of $ (or fake $) on KR body. If this is the case, that would definitely be an interesting and IMO probably meaningful detail.
- The statement DS made to the Daily Mail was inaccurate for some reason: he was either making something up, or saw something that wasn't money on the body but he thought that it was. I think the former would be more likely than the latter because how would you really get that confused?! But wouldn't that be a helluva thing to make up, and guaranteed to draw attention from the investigators? That doesn't really make sense to me either.

Are you thinking that events in the beginning of the week could have pre-empted legal or financial trouble for someone? Or, at the least, perceived
trouble?

I have gone over all we know from MSM. I have lots of theories. I don't like any of them but I like that one the least of all. The grow op angle and money makes sense especially if they had "rented" out the space and put an end to that and kept the supplies which could include a huge loss not even counting the plants. Or if they cut someone out or just weren't cutting someone in so you would have jealousy. However if it was a grow op angle I would think there would have been more of a concern for their safety. I would think they would have partly seen it coming on some level. I just don't get the feeling that they had any real concern or they would have been armed and not sleeping very good. The timing, I also believe is relevant as I think something was about to happen. JMO

Maybe "first reported in Feb", but the article is about "a LARGE SPIKE in counterfeit cash" around the 28th.

Killers left behind a whole camper and everything in it, including the owner. All evidence.

So, who does the counterfeit money (though we have absolutely no evidence, if there is money, that it is counterfeit) belong to?

Your post about "fake $" made me think of something. Is it possible that the Rhodens were counterfeiting?

Anything is possible, but I personally have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that. That would have required a different type of specialized equipment that doesn't seem to mesh with the other things they had going on. Like, if I'm doing big $ grows, the last thing I also wanna be associated with is fake $...

Could KR have been involved with counterfeiting money?

Are you thinking that events in the beginning of the week could have pre-empted legal or financial trouble for someone? Or, at the least, perceived
trouble?

I don't think the motive is outside of the family or a VERY close friend. I wish I could be more specific but its against TOS (the rules basically) even saying what I have is a thin line IMO and its just that MO. I really have no direct knowledge. Once we can talk about it I will be more specific and I think that time will only come after an arrest is made. Are you referring to the IJ issue? If so I haven't done much research on that. If you think its a motive I would be interested to hear why. I believe it can be talked about sense its been on MSM. I am not leaning that way but who knows. This case is so crazy and unlike any I have followed.

Because most motives for murder is money. Someone stands to gain from that murder. The two most common motives are love/hate and money/greed. Since there is zero evidence of any illicit affairs and zero evidence anyone was involved with someone else then the next best motive is money. That is why I keep coming back to financials. How much money could it be said that they might have been making from various activities both legal and illegal and how much were the expenses for said activities. Of course I am looking at it from my point of view being in the occupation that I am in and I realize that not all income is reported. But whether it was reported on their taxes or not, to generate income you must have expenditures. In other words it is simple math and while witnesses might forget and others might not tell the truth, the numbers never lie. If they earned x amount of dollars and spent x amount of dollars to get it then what you have left is cash on hand that someone might kill for.

Or what appears to be on hand as in the case of someone being closely involved enough to see the cash coming in but not thinking about the expenses to get it. In other words they see a lot of cash money coming in and think hey this family is making a fortune, they must have thousands in cash hidden.
I think you're probably right. The simplest explanation is probably the correct one. No need to manufacture obscure motives when one or two good (and common) ones are close at hand. It doesn't seem like a crime of passion (which probably would've targeted fewer individuals, even just one, and also would've made identifying a suspect easier). So, it's probably money (related to the mj grow ops).

I don't think the motive is outside of the family or a VERY close friend. I wish I could be more specific but its against TOS (the rules basically) even saying what I have is a thin line IMO and its just that MO. I really have no direct knowledge. Once we can talk about it I will be more specific and I think that time will only come after an arrest is made. Are you referring to the IJ issue? If so I haven't done much research on that. If you think its a motive I would be interested to hear why. I believe it can be talked about sense its been on MSM. I am not leaning that way but who knows. This case is so crazy and unlike any I have followed.

Yeah, that one is on my short list. It came out on LM's interview with the Daily Mail, but it can't be discussed at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could KR have been involved with counterfeiting money?

Maybe, but I wasn't thinking that as a first hypothesis, maybe very last, but I said originally I didn't think it involved them running a press.

They could've come into it some way, and then tried to get rid of it another, which certainly could have angered someone that had not agreed to accept fake money..

I think money strewn on the body is either, a) a message or calling card, b) a ruse, c) dropped by the deceased.

Or we can think it never existed. ;)

eta -The spike in fake bills could mean pressure is on to dump them, or someone obtained a large amount somewhere and is going wild with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim