OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case, they would have killed the kids as well to stop the "regeneration". Wow. For once, I'm practically speechless. JMO.

I am not on board with this particularly theory, but someone who thinks like this might believe there's still hope for the babies. Especially if he/she/they knew where the babies were going to be brought up.

JMSO

And we also have no clue if she had a boyfriend at the time of her death (unless I've missed that in the MSM somewhere)??

Per her FB page, picture, relationship status, and person's FB page she is linked to as in a relationship with, it sure seems like she did, and had been with him for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not mean to offend! It's just that we are trying to make sense out of something that doesn;t make any sense to a logical mind. People do crazy things everyday for what I consider trivial reasons. This is a monster.

You didn't offend me I was just shocked it came up as an option. :)

The ignore function is also an option, it saves you from scroll and roll!

Guys, I really wanted this thread to stay open. I know how much you want to discuss this case.

It pains me but it is closing for the night.

I will reopen it in the morning.

I truly get it. It is a really difficult case to discuss. No named suspects. No named POIs. But if the speculation doesn't stay broad and starts naming individuals I have no choice but to close it down, clean it up and try again tomorrow.

Get some rest sleuths.

tlcya

We will try again in the morning.

Good morning sleuths. The thread is open for posting.

Remember to keep speculation broad and that it should be supported by what little facts we know. (difficult I know)

Do not accuse or allege any specific person is the killer.

Do scroll and roll.

Do agree to disagree.

Do report if you see a post you feel is outside of the rules.

Do not quote that post and do not bicker with the poster.

Thanks

tlcya

Just to clarify that there is a difference in pronouncing a deceased person and the actual time of death. The victims had to be officially pronounced in order for the medical examiner to transport the victims. While the police were able to see that the victims were in fact deceased, they had to wait for the proper person to come and officially pronounce the death. In Ohio, the law states that:

[h=1]Chapter 4731-14 Pronouncement of Death[/h][h=2]4731-14-01 Pronouncement of death.[/h](A) For purposes of this rule, a "physician" refers to an individual holding a current certificate to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery.(B) Only an individual holding a current certificate to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery issued under section 4731.14 of the Revised Code, a training certificate issued under section 4731.291 of the Revised Code, a visiting medical faculty certificate issued under section 4731.293 of the Revised Code or a special activities certificate issued under section 4731.294 of the Revised Code, in Ohio can pronounce a person dead. (C) An individual as defined in paragraph (A) of this rule may pronounce a person dead without personally examining the body of the deceased only if a competent observer has recited the facts of the deceased's present medical condition to the physician and the physician is satisfied that death has occurred. (D) For purposes of this rule a competent observer shall mean:(1) A registered nurse holding a current license issued under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code;(2) A licensed practical nurse holding a current license issued under Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code;(3) An EMT-B holding a current certificate pursuant to section4765.30 of the Revised Code;(4) An EMT-I holding a current certificate pursuant to section4765.30 of the Revised Code;(5) A paramedic holding a current certificate pursuant to section4765.30 of the Revised Code;(6) A physician assistant holding a current certificate to practice issued under Chapter 4730. of the Revised Code who has met all requirements of Chapter 4730. of the Revised Code;(7) A chiropractor holding a current certificate issued under Chapter 4734. of the Revised Code; (8) An individual authorized to pronounce a person dead under paragraph (B) of this rule or a person holding a current certificate to practice podiatric medicine and surgery in Ohio. (9) A coroner's investigator as referenced in section 313.05 of the Revised Code.

I am not on board with this particularly theory, but someone who thinks like this might believe there's still hope for the babies. Especially if he/she/they knew where the babies were going to be brought up.

JMSO

True. But IMO you'd have to be looking at a conspiracy that goes through LE, through child protection, and the judge that signs the decree.

Curious, as I'm not very familiar with this case, but what are the top two or three theories being most tossed around? TY

Who has decided they are "undesirables"? They live a pretty "normal" life in those parts. Sure they pissed people off, plenty loved them too. To refer to an entire murdered family that seemed full of love with each other as undesirables is a bit rude. JMO.

I don't think anyone here is personally labeling them as undesirables, but rather, pointing out that the killer may have felt or viewed them as undesirables.

Per her FB page, picture, relationship status, and person's FB page she is linked to as in a relationship with, it sure seems like she did, and had been with him for awhile.

She also has two FB pages. One only has CG as her relationship. The other has the other two relationships.

True. But IMO you'd have to be looking at a conspiracy that goes through LE, through child protection, and the judge that signs the decree.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you. It's too complicated and conspiracy theory-ish for me to believe. I'm just trying to speculate on what might be going through the imaginary suspect's mind.

I have a few tech questions, if anyone knows how cell phones, pings, texts work.

If all R Family cell phones were taken by perps, can Law Enforcement still get call info. and TEXTS
off of those phones thru the Service provider?

If those cell phones were smart phones (battery can't be removed?), would the phones still ping a signal?

Is it possible to totally hide the cell phone location if the battery is still in it, even if cell phone is turned off?

Thanks for any info.

How do we know that he/they haven't "stepped up"? Did I miss something? (honestly, I'm catching up from yesterday).
I agree, good post.

But just jumping off your post, it's sad that it took a situation like this for them to step up. It would've been nice if it had happened prior, but then again, I guess there's probably several reasons unknown to us that may have prevented/prohibited it from happening before....JMO

I have a few tech questions, if anyone knows how cell phones, pings, texts work.

If all R Family cell phones were taken by perps, can Law Enforcement still get call info. and TEXTS
off of those phones thru the Service provider?

If those cell phones were smart phones (battery can't be removed?), would the phones still ping a signal?

Is it possible to totally hide the cell phone location if the battery is still in it, even if cell phone is turned off?

Thanks for any info.

Yes. Calls/texts are logged, text content is saved, and tower proximity is recorded. All for an arbitrary period of time.

If the phone is on, and not in something like airplane mode, it will constantly register itself with nearby towers as you move about.
Usually, but not always, when the phone is powered off, it's location isn't detectable.

Yes. Calls/texts are logged, text content is saved, and tower proximity is recorded. All for an arbitrary period of time.

If the phone is on, and not in something like airplane mode, it will constantly register itself with nearby towers as you move about.
Usually, but not always, when the phone is powered off, it's location isn't detectable.

Thank you for this.
So even though perps may have taken phones, we can assume LE has complete access to all calls, numbers, texts, locations
of those in the R Family for a period of time prior to the date of 4/22/16.
That should be plenty of info, yielding valuable clues. Added to FB and all social media - it could be overwhelming.

Curious, as I'm not very familiar with this case, but what are the top two or three theories being most tossed around? TY

I think that changes pretty frequently depending on who you ask and their mood at that moment. I think most of us probably feel that it started with CRsr & GR, but beyond that I'm not sure there is anything else that keeps being the 'favorite' theory of why/what/who.

Thank you for this.
So even though perps took phones, we can assume LE has complete access to all calls, numbers, texts, locations
of those in the R Family for a period of time prior to the date of 4/22/16.
That should be plenty of info, yielding valuable clues. Added to FB and all social media - it could be overwhelming.

Do we know that some/all of the phones were indeed taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member