Identified! OH - Rittman, WhtMale UP10279, 18-50, in woods, Sep'11 - Jack Hall

Wow, there are more missing in Ohio than I have heard of.
Also, it could be someone who was never reported.
Hope they find something out soon.

You're right! That's when its bad.

just checking, hoping for a ID. Oh how anxious families of missing loved one's must be when a body is found. I'm praying for their patience today.

just checking, hoping for a ID. Oh how anxious families of missing loved one's must be when a body is found. I'm praying for their patience today.

I never pray for patience for me. You know what they say, if you pray for you'll get every opportunity to exercise it! :floorlaugh:

I know what you mean. This has got to be terrible for all those who have heard about it. I just wish all the bodies would be found and identified so all of them could bury their loved one and have some peace.

Another article from The-Daily-Record:

Anthropologists find more remains at site of first discovery

By BOBBY WARREN
Staff Writer
RITTMAN -- A team of forensic anthropologists discovered more bones and another tooth Friday at the site where police found human remains nearly two weeks ago.
Dennis Dirkmaat, chairman of Mercyhurst's Forensics Science Department, led a team of about 18 forensic anthropologists, many graduate students and some advanced undergraduates.

http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/5107014

i'm wondering about Brian Shaffer too, and Tony Luzio, who also disappeared from Columbus. I think Rittman is right off I-71, which goes from Columbus to Cleveland.

Bone discovery brings hope for closure to families waiting on word

WOOSTER -- When Illinois resident Maureen O'Donnell Sanchez read about an effort to uncover more human bones in Rittman, one thought raced through her mind: Are the remains from her sister who went missing 30 years ago.
Sanchez saw The Daily Record story about a team of forensic anthropologists searching a wooded area off of South Main Street in Rittman on Friday.

http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/5108473

http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/5144473

January 10, 2012
By BOBBY WARREN
Staff Writer

<snipped>
In the report from Dennis Dirkmaat, Ph.D., of the Applied Forensic Sciences Department of Mercyhurst College, to the Wayne County Coroner's Office, he stated the evidence suggests the bones likely are those of a white man, possibly in his 30s or 40s. Because some of the bone ends were found to have been fused, a minimum age was determined to be around 18, though Dirkmaat believes the age is likely greater.

"Given the degree of dental wear, lack of lipping, and degree of fusion of all present epiphyses, the individual may have been middle-aged at the time of death," the report stated.

BCI agents informed Jolliff in September it would take about a year for the DNA to be processed and the information sent to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs).

I wish they could say or determine how long the remains may have been there...other than at least six months....

Wondering about Benjamin Brubaker of Ashland Ohio. Ashland Ohio is about 45 minutes from Rittman and a straight shot on 604. If you look at a map, and picture someone coming from the west on 604, it's easy to see how they could end up at the Morton property.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14105/40/

without a height, weight, or hair color, we're not going to solve this one. they do have both his mtDNA and nucDNA so if they are going to identify him, that's how it's going to be done.

Wow this is right in my backyard (not literally lol) and I had no idea. Goes to show you how much publicity these get.

What's interesting to me is the statement that there was an error with the dna and they were originally ruled out. I wonder how they determined there was an error??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back