OH OH - Ruth Marie Hurlbert, 20s, 1920s

Trino, you've done a ton of work on your aunt's disappearance - you should be proud of yourself! I'm sure it has been exhausting. I'm going to do another search through some news archives tonight - I'm thinking that maybe she was in an accident (car, train, or otherwise) and that it wasn't widely reported. Only going that route because if a young woman was murdered I assume there would've been a lot of newspaper coverage and if it was in Ohio or New York that you would've looked into it already.

What was her mother's maiden name? If I was going to live under an assumed name, my mother's maiden name might be the first one I would jump to. Maybe we could look for her under that name instead?

Such an interesting story and its great you tried to find out what happened, although you haven't logged in here in a while I have my doubts she was pregnant. Back then women strived to gain weight (to an extent), it showed being taken care of and wealth; many advertisements were geared towards supplements to cause weight gain so they would be desirable for a man and not be some skinny thing. Unfortunately I think the only way to really solve this thing would be to send in DNA and wait to see if a match came up from someone that had her as a grandmother or great grandmother if she truly did have a child. Her child now would most likely be dead now but a possible offspring of that child. It is pretty apparent she was traveling with someone, or staying local perhaps a married man or something.

I have my DNA results on Ancestry. Ancestry is traced through the mother, and Ruth was my father's sister.

I really do believe Ruth was pregnant. She was, more or less, running around, going to Speak Easies, living a 1920's modern girl lifestyle. My grandfather kicked her out of the house so my aunt told me. Then, my grandmother kicked my grandfather out over the Ruth situation.

My aunt told me Ruth had been to NY. I think that's a known. Canada? Maybe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back