GUILTY OH - Sr. Margaret Pahl, 71, brutally murdered, Toledo, 5 April 1980

OMG!!!!

I've always known that evil is all around us, oftentimes under the guise of goodness.....but a PRIEST ????!!!

And all these years, he's been hiding his disgusting secret, parading around like he's a "Man of God", admonishing others for their wrongdoings and threatening Hell for those who commit sins and don't repent. Sick, sick, sick. I hope he burns down there.

Just another thing to solidify my feelings against organized religion--my opinion, of course.

I'd be willing to bet that this wasn't the only crime he committed in his lifetime. Something as heinous as this....brutally killing an innocent elderly woman, a NUN at that...NO, he's guilty of other stuff.

You're right, Julianne. What the jury wasn't allowed to hear (but they will now) is that this case was re-opened because of a complaint by a woman. She alleged satanic sexual abuse, involving two priests, one of them Robinson. I read at CourtTV that there were two separate complaints of sexual abuse by women and they both involved this priest.

It's too bad he's been allowed to breathe free air all this time. Fortunately, there is no statute of limitations on murder!

Wow! That was indeed swift justice! I am so glad that he was convicted.

I wonder what the deciding factor of evidence was for the jury...?

BillyGoatGruff said:
Apparently there were 4 women who have come forward to identify Robinson as having sexually absued them utilizing S&M, including carving upside down crosses on bellies, etc.
The old *advertiser censored* is going to die in prison.
--------------

Good, he deserves it!

More info--one of the sexual abse victims was/is a nun according to Beth Karras on CourtTV.

There is more info at www.toledoblade.com ~the prosecutor has reason to believe this was a satanic cult killing.He chose not to go that route but to treat it as a (regular) killing.I have book marked this paper and hope to see more on this Diocese later.An interesting read.

I feel this poor woman who was so devout in her belief stumbled on to something and paid for it with her life.God be with her in Heaven..

We don't have a specific thread on convicted murderer, Father Gerald Robinson. However, he is mentioned on a couple of threads. Not sure where to put this but this case does have new developments.

For a little background info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Robinson_(priest)

"....Robinson was convicted of strangling and stabbing [Sister Margaret Ann] Pahl, who was 71 at the time, in the sacristy of a chapel of the hospital where they worked together. The priest presided at her funeral Mass four days after her death.

Pahl was stabbed 31 times, including nine times in what prosecutors contended was the shape of an inverted cross, leading investigators to believe the slaying was intended to humiliate Pahl in death. Pahl was found covered in an altar cloth, her clothes and body arranged to suggest she had been sexually assaulted, although this was not clear...."

more at link

And:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/killer_clergy2/4.html

Note: 13 pages

".....Since Robinson's arrest, several Toledo women have come forward and made claims of ritualistic abuse by clergy members. Their cases, as with Mary's initial reports, are still under investigation. However, it is interesting to note that the Toledo Catholic Diocese did settle 19 lawsuits in 2004, filed by 23 victims of clerical sexual abuse. According to diocesan officials, the victims received settlements totaling $1.19 million...."

more at link

Which leads us here:

http://www.toledoblade.com/article/20101204/NEWS10/101209873/-1/RSS

Dismissal of lawsuit against priest is upheld

"A state appeals court, citing statute of limitations laws, Friday upheld the dismissal of a woman's suit against Toledo priest Gerald Robinson claiming the cleric sexually abused her in satanic rituals when she was a child.

The Ohio 6th District Court of Appeals said it was not addressing whether the allegations were true, only that the woman did not file her complaint soon enough...."

and

"....Friday's ruling was the second favorable decision for Robinson in a little over a month. On Oct. 25, a Lucas County Common Pleas Court judge granted his attorneys' request that the state hand over a batch of police reports from 1980 that had been misfiled and then discovered last year. That ruling pertained to Robinson's ongoing efforts to overturn his 2006 conviction for the 1980 murder of a nun...."

more at link

A book was written about the murder, "Forgive Me, Father: A True Story of a Priest, a Nun, and Brutal Murder" by John Glatt in 2008 (of course, I just had to order it). Robinson has many many supporters and he maintains his innocence to this day. I find it interesting that the Diocese would pay out almost 2 million dollars, though, if there were no questions at all about this priest and others in the Diocese.

I didn't think the state proved the case against Robinson having watched the trial, and the ubiquitous Henry Lee testified to things that in my opinion were not proven and were very unscientific (but what else do we expect from Henry Lee when we all have learned about the way he worked when he was exposed in the Spector trial)

I have to say, Joe, that I honestly do NOT know what to believe. It's a curious and deeply disturbing murder, that's for sure.

Ohio priest convicted in nun's death loses appeal

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ap/crime/ohio-priest-convicted-in-nuns-death-loses-appeal/nGJb4/

January 9, 2012

TOLEDO, Ohio — A Roman Catholic priest convicted of killing a nun inside an Ohio hospital chapel a day before Easter in 1980 won't get a new trial.

A judge ruled Monday that police reports discovered after the priest's trial didn't contain any new information that would have changed the outcome.

Fascinating case. I, too, am not convinced that he is guilty. However, I don't know all of the evidence so am going on just what I have read on this thread. I do remember hearing about the case before and knew a priest was convicted for it, but there seems to be an awful lot of evidence that points away from him as the perpetrator. I sincerely hope this man has not been jailed and is innocent. It tears at my heart each time an innocent man is released after spending many years in prison.

I hope he gets an appeal, as I truly felt that there was not enough evidence to convict him

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=1053124#.U47dXSgqWAA

The Toledo priest convicted of killing a nun is terminally ill due to heart problems, according to his attorney. Gerald Robinson has been moved to a prison hospice in Columbus.

Robinson’s attorney, Rick Kerger, is traveling to Columbus to see Robinson at least one last time.

Debilitating heart problems put the priest in the hospital. He’s already heard his last rites. Kroger wrote to the governor in an effort to get Robinson back to Toledo with his family. But Kerger says a statute prohibits anyone convicted of murder from being given a compassionate release.

Weird....I just saw this case on an old episode of Cold Case Files. I had never heard of it before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back