GUILTY OH - Summer Inman, 25, abducted & murdered, Logan, 22 March 2011

Here's the mugshots... Those WERE DLs in the earlier articles.

Skeery:

summer-inman-disappearance

From: http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/mar...ll-missing-husband-his-parents-jai-ar-433630/

Wow, the ex-inlaws look like they've been through some stuff since the DL pics were taken. Is this another meth-madness story?

The son just looks completely unaffected. Odd!

These type of cases never cease to baffle me. How often more than not is it somebody close to the person that kidnaps them. It still amazes me because LE is going to look at family and friends first to determine a possible connection. Are these people really that dense to think they will get way with this if they are indeed guilty?

I am blown away by the parents here. I mean you normally want to protect your child and talk him OUT of some stupid stunt. Instead they join him?

And what sort of conversation was it? They sit down at dinner and he says "hey ma and pa, i got an idea, lets kidnap and kill her..oh i can get another friend to help too!"

bizarre.

Surveillance Photos Released

Logan police released surveillance images of Summer that were taken Tuesday night before her apparent abduction. She was working an evening shift at the bank for a cleaning service, NBC4 reported.

Investigators said they hoped the photos would jog the memory of an unknowing witness who might have seen something of importance to the case. Also, a citizen might have seen a discarded article of clothing along a roadway or on their property.

The younger Inman and his parents were transported to Southeastern Regional Jail and booked Friday. They are being held without bond.

The elder Inman will be arraigned Monday, March 28. His son and wife's arraignment dates were not available.

Snipped http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/mar...ll-missing-husband-his-parents-jai-ar-433630/

Ugh, it gets worse. From the lates on the nbc4 site:

Summer filed for a divorce from the younger Inman in June 2010. According to the divorce filing, the younger Inman threatened to kill her if she were to ever leave with the children.

Summer also said in the complaint her husband would hide her car keys and cell phone and hold her captive inside their home.

A report from the Vinton County sheriff's office indicated a deputy was called to the elder Inman and Sandra's previous residence in Dec. 2010. Summer and her boyfriend, Adam Peters, were at the home to pick up her belongings when a fight began. The report indicated the elder Inman threatened to shoot Peters. The elder Inman was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct out of the incident.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/mar...ll-missing-husband-his-parents-jai-ar-433630/

Threatened to shoot him. And yet..they are FB friends. Weird. And none of this bodes well for Summers safe return. :(

That's a good question, about the baby. The boyfriend and Summer give their "anniversary" as last June, though? Unless they were together before that...

Baby looks about what, around a year old in that family pic?

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/mar/25/13/logan-mother-still-missing-husband-his-parents-jai-ar-433630/

"A report from the Vinton County sheriff's office indicated a deputy was called to the elder Inman and Sandra's previous residence in Dec. 2010. Summer and her boyfriend, Adam Peters, were at the home to pick up her belongings when a fight began. The report indicated the elder Inman threatened to shoot Peters. The elder Inman was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct out of the incident."

~~~~

It appears that they had a relationship going on at least before Dec. 2010. I'm thinking the youngest child is Mr. Peters. Bless his heart. What will come of the other children if one parent is incarcerated and one unable to take care of them? Very sad....

Wow... like father like son. I didn't have much hope about Summer being found alive before I read this article, and now I don't think there is any hope :(

I agree. Sadly, it doesn't look good after reading about this family. They all seem disturbed to me with the ex locking her in her home and the father in law threatening to shoot someone. They will spill what they know sooner or later. LE is on to them like stink. Of course, I doubt the outcome will be good at this point.

From what I gathered, WI has 2 siblings (I think younger too). What a catastrophe for them as well! What were these people thinking?!?

Summer has many siblings according to FB and they are so worried for her. I am so sad for these children and the family not involved in this. :(

It looks to me like there will be a tremendous amount of support for these darling kiddos should it turn out something happened to their mama.

All of these cases lately in which the women file for divorce and are trying so hard to get out of these abusive relationships really hit home for me. I got out of mine but had to go into hiding of some sorts. It's been 10 years now but I feel so lucky to have gotten out of my situation safely. I applaude these women for trying so hard to get out of theirs.

Summer has many siblings according to FB and they are so worried for her. I am so sad for these children and the family not involved in this. :(

It looks to me like there will be a tremendous amount of support for these darling kiddos should it turn out something happened to their mama.

All of these cases lately in which the women file for divorce and are trying so hard to get out of these abusive relationships really hit home for me. I got out of mine but had to go into hiding of some sorts. It's been 10 years now but I feel so lucky to have gotten out of my situation safely. I applaude these women for trying so hard to get out of theirs.

Bless you. It's 17 years for me, and in some ways seems like a lifetime ago, but in other moments that sneak up on me, it feels like yesterday. It's scary and sad, and I see women like Summer and realize I was very, very lucky, and so many others aren't. :(

The FBI released surveillance photos on Friday afternoon showing Summer Inman working inside the bank before she was kidnapped on Tuesday. Investigators said they wanted people to see the clothes she was wearing in case they find any discarded items on their property.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/03/25/slideshow_inmansurveillance.html

From what I see on the bank surveillance photos, the shirt Summer Inman is wearing says Anger in bold letters.

On the WBNS 5:00 PM news on Friday, the news anchor reported on the newscast that the shirt actually says I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.

Attachments

• summer01.jpg
    summer01.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 75
Classic situation of abusive parents raising an abusive son, son woos naive young woman, impregnates her, marries her, abuses and controls her, then she makes the fatal mistake of staying and having at least one more child with him. Tries to leave, even shacks up with another man, and her in-laws from hell and her husband/ex decide to control her one last time. How dare she leave him, love another man, and take his "property" away from him. I bet all three Inmans are nutcases. She picked the wrong family. From the looks of his myspace page, they seemed quite in love at one point. He was probably PISSED that she took off and started dating another guy. His parents probably feel he is entitled to his "property". So tragic and sad.

Has anyone noticed the picture of the house in the WI's MySpace page? The photo of the huge mansion with the caption "Our new house". I wonder how in the world two very young parents could afford a house like that? Were someone's parents very well off?

smb

I noticed & my eyes popped out when I saw "their" new mansion..It has to be a JOKE! Surely, it's not theirs, never was, & now the SOB will spend the rest of his rotten life in a 'home' less then half the size of any closet in that mansion.

It's quite ironic actually that this very SMALL man was thinking BIG back then & now he's going to live in the BIG house!

Be careful what you wish for?

So sad for Summer & the kids :(

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/mar/25/13/logan-mother-still-missing-husband-his-parents-jai-ar-433630/

"A report from the Vinton County sheriff's office indicated a deputy was called to the elder Inman and Sandra's previous residence in Dec. 2010. Summer and her boyfriend, Adam Peters, were at the home to pick up her belongings when a fight began. The report indicated the elder Inman threatened to shoot Peters. The elder Inman was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct out of the incident."

~~~~

s&bbm

That's the problem right there! That 'threat' should've been taken MORE seriously by LE..Why wasn't he charged with MORE then he was? Especially since it's been reported his son (her X) also threatened he'd "KILL" her if she ever left him & took the kids..This was a tragedy (& crime) just waiting to happen.

When ppl make 'threats' like this in a messy divorce they often MEAN it these days..We've all seen plenty of proof of that! :banghead:

"Pending divorce" could mean that she or her husband have not officially filed yet, but are separated.

IIRC, it was filed (by Summer) last June but I haven't seen anything saying it's been "granted" yet..How long does it take to become 'final' in Ohio? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CriminalPineapple
Back