OH - Three students killed in Chardon High School shooting, 27 Feb 2012

http://www.newsnet5.com/subindex/news/news_livestream1

battering ram brought in :eek: to the home
some sort of trailer just entered
media moved back another 40 feet
items taken in and out of the house
fbi is primary
two houses and multiple outbuildings being searched

There is at least one report that the shooter may have had an accomplice.
I saw this mentioned on another news site (sorry, don't have link).

:cry: I just read the news of the deceased victim. :rose:

It's a sad day when our children and grandchildren can't go to school wthout the fear of being gunned down.:please:

Prayers going out for the injuried and the deceased and families and all the kids who had to live through this horror.

:praying:

I do believe that there was some amendmenta while ago that made school shootings federal jurisdiction. I think FBI catches all of them now, routing to the closest field office.

I'm just so sad for everyone. I know that many people will have a complete lack of compassion for the shooter/killer, but I do, and I can't help it. Not as much as I have for the innocent kids that were shot, but some,anyway. Just from the news reports of family problems and the kid having lived with a relative "for a while", he wasn't stable. You don't shoot your friends during breakfast, no matter how bad you are bullied, no matter how angry you might actually be, unless there is some underlying instablility.

From what I've heard, this is a small community. The healing for everyone will take a long time, and probably never be fully done. Prayers for everyone.

iirc the fbi takes the lead on all school shootings

here is one of their docs on school shooters (risk assessment)
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/school-shooter

Secret Service conducted a study on school shooters. It was published in 2002.

The Final Report and Findings of the Safe School Initiative
http://www.secretservice.gov/ntac/ssi_final_report.pdf

There is no one clear profile of a school shooter. Substance abuse is not a common trait or being bullied. The only common trait is they felt persecuted, real or imagined.

Been following this all morning (not really my part of the state, although I used to leave near Cleveland when I was little). So sad. I remember when Columbine happened - I was thirteen and it really left a strong impression on me. I think now, people have forgotten a bit and they don't take seriously when someone makes a comment about a school shooting.

Tragic, all around.

Been following this all morning (not really my part of the state, although I used to leave near Cleveland when I was little). So sad. I remember when Columbine happened - I was thirteen and it really left a strong impression on me. I think now, people have forgotten a bit and they don't take seriously when someone makes a comment about a school shooting.

Tragic, all around.

I remember Columbine as well and it was tragic. Speaking of it, this year would be 5 years since Virgina Tech Massacre that claimed 32 lives.

my prayers to the deceased family and friends

I just heard it on the news

i was was really hoping and praying there would be no deaths

Though it's a huge shock for those in the area it occurs, it really is not a surprise, nationally, anymore; we have lived in Columbine America for a very long time now. And that is sadness.

Prayers for every one.

I had stepped out for a few (walked down to the store). When I walked back in - the TV was on FOX and they were reading a "social media" post that this shooter had posted - it was scary. What got me was the date at the bottom - it was posted on Dec 30 or 31, 2011. WHY had nobody checked this out? I do believe the last line was "death to you all". C'mon - someone had to have seen this, yet kept silent because, why? Because they didn't believe he really meant anything or would do anything? Those days are gone.

JMHO

This is a very small community. I'm betting they asked for the FBI's help.

I am taking a guess here, but it's a pretty fair one....I think that because of the pictures we have seen of the suspect with the guns referencing the high school and today's date that there may be a "making terroristic threats" type of charge that comes into play...

WKYC has captured exclusive video of the suspected teen gunman in the Chardon High School shootings being taken into custody.

The teen gave himself up after running away from the school Monday morning following the shootings.

WKYC has learned the teen was found in possession of a .22 gun and a knife at the time of his arrest.
http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/23...ool-shooting-Arrested-teen-found-with-weapons

... same exact weapons he had in his hands in the tweet picture....

:furious:

WKYC has captured exclusive video of the suspected teen gunman in the Chardon High School shootings being taken into custody.

The teen gave himself up after running away from the school Monday morning following the shootings.

WKYC has learned the teen was found in possession of a .22 gun and a knife at the time of his arrest.
http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/23...ool-shooting-Arrested-teen-found-with-weapons

... same exact weapons he had in his hands in the tweet picture....

:furious:

So those tweet photos must really be him? Some were saying they are not.

"My friends were crawling on the floor, and one of my friends was bent over the table, and he was shot," Nate said. "It was almost like a firecracker went off. I turned around and saw [T.J.] standing with a gun and I saw him take a shot."
Nate, who has a scratch on his upper right ear, said he ran out of the building, hid behind a car and called 9-1-1.
Nate said his group was friends with T.J. through middle school, but in high school, T.J. went a separate way.
Russell, he said, had recently started dating T.J.'s ex-girlfriend, who is home-schooled.
"He was silent the whole time," said Nate, who was waiting for a bus to his culinary arts classes at Auburn Career Center. "That's what made it so random."
T.J., he said, normally waits for a bus that goes to Lake Academy, a school in Willoughby that serves at-risk students.
Police have confirmed that there are five victims and that the shooter is in custody.
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2012/02/chardon_student_identifies_sho.html

Again, I ask myself WHY? Why do these kids have to kill? :(

I am absolutely heartbroken of this news waking up this morning. I grew up near this area and knowing this area this is a prime example of the fact this can happen anywhere. Such a quiet town. You would have never thought. Prayers out to the families! So sad!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back