Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I am so happy that we now know who she is. I think everyone that has posted opinions, done research, contacted authorities, etc deserve a huge pat on the back. I have been apart of a few id's and even though i had nothing to do with this one, I still feel that as a group we were part of a huge accomplishment. I am really proud to be a part of this great community.

What humble women both Colleen and Margaret are from the DNA Doe Project. Those two are absolutely amazing.
I found out four years ago who my biological father was through Ancestry DNA and I had no idea that the Dad I grew up with was not my father as I was only searching for our lineage. Once I heard of a potential match for Buckskin Doe and found out how she was linked I immediately sent in my DNA from Ancestry to GEDMatch.com. This story is amazing and as sad as I am that Marcia King was murdered, I am so happy that the family now knows what happened to her. Now to find her killer. Hugs to all of you who have dedicated numerous years to identify her. Today is a great day for all.

Edit to write that I can't wait to see her in the "identified" forum!

They're talking about how they don't want amateur sleuths to find out who killed her first (aka attack them?) and so they won't release many details.

I saw the picture and started crying. This is increased tenfold because mom lived in the same house and didn't change her phone number, waiting for Marcia... That's so awful. :(

I didn't think I would cry.... but I did once I seen the photo it hit home ... :grouphug:
God Speed ... Marcia :angel: your soul on this earth has been released.. Fly High!

She was beautiful. I'm speechless. So happy to get confirmation, but speechless.

I can't believe this! I am speechless but also holding back tears. I have been lurking and interested in these cases since I was in middle school. To finally see this sweet girl get her name back, honestly... I am so happy. God what a day

attachment.php

attachment.php

Quality was absolutely awful but managed to grab these off the FB live video archive.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 1.34.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 1.34.20 PM.png
    340.4 KB · Views: 497
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 1.39.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 1.39.25 PM.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 501
3092A279-FB2B-49A9-A027-01B173CAEACB.jpg

To the family of Marcia King, my condolences and I hope the murderer is caught! To wait such a long time for answers must have been difficult, painful and hard. I always looked at this case from time to time and always wondered who she may have been. Now we know. Marcia can now come home.

To the members who all had a part in this case and to the DNA Doe Project and various LEO’s, thank you so much and congrats on a job well done.

Amazing work Carl, the likeness is striking. I just saw your side by side on facebook.
Thanks for all you do.

Now I hope a cold case team can work on who killed Marcia.

Tears of joy that she has been identified, tears of sorrow for her family who had always held out hope that she was alive. I'm so glad she has her name back

I am so, so happy she has her name back, that her family at long last knows what happened to Marcia. But her family is mourning a very, very difficult loss.

I will keep her Facebook page as a memorial page as well as a page to try to solve Marcia's murder and post updates.

Buckskin Girl is home now. RIP Marcia King :rose: may you rest in eternal peace.

Pittsburgh might explain the soot on her clothing, but I wonder why Kentucky? Were those perhaps locations given to investigators from her family?

Pittsburgh might explain the soot on her clothing, but I wonder why Kentucky? Were those perhaps locations given to investigators from her family?

I went back and read a few articles a few states she could possible be from Kentucky. However reading many of the other releases it would just have the Northeast states listed

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/31850518/murder-victim-found-in-oh-35-years-ago-may-have-been-from-ky

Lab results that were returned on April 24 suggested that Jane Doe was from or spent a significant amount of time in Kentucky or the northeastern dry-oak forest region, which includes areas in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

I've been waiting anxiously all day for news of the press conference!

Rest in peace Marcia ⚘

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

WOW! This is such amazing news! I've been following BG's case for a long time and I have to admit at one point I really felt she might never be identify. But I am so glad that she has her name back now. Good work to everyone that contributed to bringing her home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member