: 140.0
Scars and marks: nothing
Clothing and accessories: unknown

Transportation methods: unknown
Dental
: Is not available
DNA: Initial inquiry underway
Fingerprints: is available elsewhere

Circumstances: The family reported that in early April of 1981 a deputy sheriff called her father indicating they were out with her on a pedestrian stop and would bring her home. Her father told the deputy she was not welcome at the house. This was the last known contact by the family.

If she wasn't welcome at home then who reported her missing and when was the report made? One has to wonder if she came home again one last time, but whomever eventually reported her missing was not aware of that last visit. On the other hand-- being 26 and not having family members who were immediately concerned about her whereabouts means she could have traveled just about anywhere after that 1981 interaction with the police. :thinking: :(

If she wasn't welcome at home then who reported her missing and when was the report made? One has to wonder if she came home again one last time, but whomever eventually reported her missing was not aware of that last visit. On the other hand-- being 26 and not having family members who were immediately concerned about her whereabouts means she could have traveled just about anywhere after that 1981 interaction with the police. :thinking: :(

It's probably a sibling, if the father was really that adamant she wasn't coming home it was probably him telling everyone not to contact her. Who knows if he was angry with her or if she was doing something... doesn't even matter now, I guess.

It's probably a sibling, if the father was really that adamant she wasn't coming home it was probably him telling everyone not to contact her. Who knows if he was angry with her or if she was doing something... doesn't even matter now, I guess.

Right, it only maters as far as it relates to her disappearance. For example, if she was into drugs or some sort of organized crime (motorcycle gang?) then that could be a reason for her parents saying she was not welcome at home. On the other hand, she might not have been into anything bad at all. It could be that the police calling only made her father angry that day-- I wonder what the pedestrian stop was for? It only matters in trying to determine where she might have gone or who she might have met. What kind of people she was associating with is important, IMO. Assuming she actually did not come home again. Was she alone (hitchhiking?) or did she have friends that she could have traveled with? So much we don't know.

Union is not far from Troy and Ludlow Falls. :thinking:

Any other females missing, in that area, around that time? Isn't 1981 the same year that Buckskin Girl was found? Take Rte 55, from Union to Troy, and it is about an 1 1/2 hours from where BG was found, on Greenlee & Rt 55.

Any other females missing, in that area, around that time? Isn't 1981 the same year that Buckskin Girl was found? Take Rte 55, from Union to Troy, and it is about an 1 1/2 hours from where BG was found, on Greenlee & Rt 55.

Yes, MK was found in April 1981 Have been digging around to see if I could find any more information on Vicki.

Union, OH is within Miami and Montgomery Counties its about 10 miles from where MK was found. Unless I have the wrong Union, Ohio

A bit confusing, in NAMUS it has the city as Union, in which the only Union city in Ohio that I can find is located in Miami and Montgomery Counties. The Zip code 45322 leads back to Union City instead of Union County Ohio.

City - Union
State - Ohio
Zip code - 45322
County - Union

The investigating agency is in Troy, Ohio with that being said it has to be Union, Ohio in Miami County.

View attachment 134195

Union Ohio.JPG

Yes, MK was found in April 1981 Have been digging around to see if I could find any more information on Vicki.

Union, OH is within Miami and Montgomery Counties its about 10 miles from where MK was found. Unless I have the wrong Union, Ohio

A bit confusing, in NAMUS it has the city as Union, in which the only Union city in Ohio that I can find is located in Miami and Montgomery Counties. The Zip code 45322 leads back to Union City instead of Union County Ohio.

City - Union
State - Ohio
Zip code - 45322
County - Union

The investigating agency is in Troy, Ohio with that being said it has to be Union, Ohio in Miami County.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh, I misunderstood, thinking it was Union County. If it's Union City, then that's even more to make ya go Hmmmm.

I'm not finding records that are for sure her. Need more info like if she was married, if Maynard was a married name or maiden name, her exact date of birth, place of birth, etc. There are several Vicki Lynn Maynards.

So far I have ruled out:

- The Vicki Lynn Maynard born in Texas who married in Vermont-- she is still alive and her yearbook pictures are also on Ancestry which helped eliminate her as being the missing Vicki.
- The Vicki L Maynard married in Franklin County, OH in May 1981. She has a death record in 1995 and it gives her middle name as a different L Name, not Lynn.
- The Vicky Lynn Maynard married in Indiana in 1973. This Vicki had a son who died in 2003 and she was listed as the informant on his death certificate. Therefore cannot be the missing Vicki.

Still trying to track down:
There is a Vicki M**re who married a Mr Maynard in Miami County Ohio in 1973 and later divorced in 1978. Divorce record says the decree was granted to the wife. (I'm not sure if this is her so starring out her maiden name). There are school pictures of a Vicki M**re in Miami County that IMO do NOT resemble the missing woman's pictures. HOWEVER with the last names being so common I can't be completely sure the school photo and marriage record are the same Vicki. The Vicki Maynard who divorced in 1978 said she was living in Darke County at that time. There is a Union City in Darke County and a Union Township in Union County, OH. There being two places named Union has already caused some confusion in this thread. The NAMUS profile simply says "Union" in Union County but I'm not sure if that county is correct. Interestingly, the investigating agency listed on NAMUS is in Troy, Ohio in Miami County..
A map for referencing where all these places are located: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tro...30b52483524!2m2!1d-83.336188!2d40.3616382!3e0

I know the Union city and county listed in nAMUS is throwing a curveball, went through that a couple of days ago. I have been digging around, in which lead me to wonder wether maynard was a maiden or married name.

Interesting that it was a pedestrian stop, wonder what she was doing for LE to stop her.

I know the Union city and county listed in nAMUS is throwing a curveball, went through that a couple of days ago. I have been digging around, in which lead me to wonder wether maynard was a maiden or married name.

Interesting that it was a pedestrian stop, wonder what she was doing for LE to stop her.

The part about Troy, OH investigating makes me think this is connected to Buckskin Girl. But there might not be any connection in the cases. Maybe Vicki's family saw the news about Marcia King being identified and realized they needed to report Vicki missing (or re-report to make sure it was on file). I was wondering if Vicki might have been with someone else who got arrested-- since the officer offered to bring her home that implies, IMO, that she was not arrested but maybe did not have transportation/a car to get her home. Police officers might offer to take someone home as a courtesy if the person who was their ride got arrested (JMO). But then I also notice her NAMUS profile says there are fingerprints for Vicki "available elsewhere". Could this mean she was arrested or has a history of arrest?

The Vicki you found in 1973, lived in Laura, OH the spouse lived in milton wonder if she wore glasses or contacts one pic all thou young be possible something about the well manicured eyebrows.

Another note a birth announcement in 1970 Troy, oh it has the birth parent same name as the spouse ... hmmmmm

Have pondered the pedestrian stop in a few scenarios, had she been with someone I would think it would of come up on thereport stating the last person she was with.

Yes, agree I think she came up on the radar during the investigation or after the ID of MK.

OK, this is a long shot but what if she is Uniontown PA Jane Doe? https://identifyus.org/en/cases/16509
Fayette County, Pennsylvania
30 to 45 year old White Female
Found May 1986 (deceased only a matter of hours, killed in a trucking accident)
Weight (pounds) 175, Estimated
Height (inches) 64, Measured
Hair color Brown
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown

She would have to have survived another five years after her lka date until May '86, but if she gained weight and let her eyebrows grow in then I can see how they could be the same woman. And there's nothing to indicate Vicki passed away right after her lka date.

The age would match, the heights match, eye and hair colour match, the weights are 35 pounds out but Vicki seemed to have quite fluctuating weights between her two pics available on Namus so it's not impossible.

If Vicki felt completely shut out by her family then she may have gone her own way and worked as a sex worker, off the radar, for the next few years. It always made sense to me that this UID is someone who is from that scenario.

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 8.56.32 PM.png

OK, this is a long shot but what if she is Uniontown PA Jane Doe? https://identifyus.org/en/cases/16509
Hair color Brown
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown

She would have to have survived another five years after her lka date until May '86, but if she gained weight and let her eyebrows grow in then I can see how they could be the same woman. And there's nothing to indicate Vicki passed away right after her lka date.

The age would match, the heights match, eye and hair colour match, the weights are 35 pounds out but Vicki seemed to have quite fluctuating weights between her two pics available on Namus so it's not impossible.

If Vicki felt completely shut out by her family then she may have gone her own way and worked as a sex worker, off the radar, for the next few years. It always made sense to me that this UID is someone who is from that scenario.

View attachment 134428

It's possible submit her ...

Hair color Brown
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown

View attachment 134428

I've submitted this as a possible match

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua