OH OH - William 'Bill' Comeans, 14, Columbus, 7 Jan 1980 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you check the box (remember me) right by the area you enter your username and password - it seems to keep you logged in, and you don't get timed out. I know that has helped me.

Especially when trying to post, and then you get logged out :banghead:

Hope this helps :seeya:

That's why I type in a word doc, then paste in here. I can't ever lose it that way. It will remain in my paste buffer until I've copied something else. Ctrl-V pastes (Ctrl-C copies and puts into the paste buffer). :)

In all three attacks i was out somewhere else when it happened. I came home three different times and had family say bill was attacked #1, bill is missing #2,3.

Well isn't that interesting. I wonder if they waited for Bill's Big Bro to be away. hmmm...:waitasec:

I think that LE had already decided that this was a suicide so the quote from the teacher was seen as confirmation of their belief rather than a red flag about the teacher. In the news article posted earlier, from 1981, LE stated that the coroner only labeled the case a homicide to keep it open but LE felt it was not.

Thank you for finding this pdxmama.

Bob - I am wondering if LE named the teacher who relayed this information? Because if Bill did talk to his teacher, he (assuming it is a he) may be the only adult who had any conversation with Bill about it.

If you check the box (remember me) right by the area you enter your username and password - it seems to keep you logged in, and you don't get timed out. I know that has helped me.

Especially when trying to post, and then you get logged out :banghead:

Hope this helps :seeya:

It doesn't work for me. :facepalm: :banghead: :mad: :crying:

It doesn't work for me. :facepalm: :banghead: :mad: :crying:

So sorry, but that's all of my computer savvy techniques that I can share :blushing:

I'm lucky I can post with a quote :blushing:

Maybe someone else can help out :seeya:

LE encounter... LE may have turned south on Maple from Kanard and come up behind us. We were scouring both sides of Maple looking at bushes, trees, etc, and not necessarily looking at a car coming up behind us. He was moving at walking speed and stopped beside us. I just assumed he was "out looking" just like we were.

We beat him to scene, called 911 again, and there he was after that.

I am posting in snippets because I keep getting timed out.

BBM: Bob, log out, then log back in again -- but when you log back in put a check in the REMEMBER ME box -- that should keep you from getting timed out.

BBM: Bob, log out, then log back in again -- but when you log back in put a check in the REMEMBER ME box -- that should keep you from getting timed out.

That didn't work for me. I'm surprised it's working for others. 'Remember me' and 'Keep me logged on' are typically 2 different things (I've seen both options on various sites). :banghead:

That didn't work for me. I'm surprised it's working for others. 'Remember me' and 'Keep me logged on' are typically 2 different things (I've seen both options on various sites). :banghead:

It works great for me. I never log out of WS, I just go offline. :)

I thought that when I first started using WS too (and I used Word dox too). When someone told me that was the fix, I didn't try it right away -- was like meh. But I eventually tried it and it worked. On this site, it keeps you logged in -- and I can stay logged in for weeks at a time.

Yes. A coroner doing a very thorough autopsy certainly should be able to show any injection sites. It may be hard to determine on a deceased that has been dead for a long period of time, but this was not at all as Bill's case. Bill's body was discovered within the hour.

However I worry that many coroners/medical examiners do not do a needed thorough exam of all areas to determine this. I worry that may have been this way, in Bill's case. Not enough info yet to say for sure.

BBM: I have heard of this kind of finding being missed ... however, I would think that once the tox screen came back positive for valium/diazapam, that they would have taken a second look. I hope the strong, departmental view of suicide didn't prevent them from taking this finding seriously. JMO

Just jumping off your post here, Methodical:
Bob, do you recall when -- relative to Bill's date of death -- the coroner released Bill's body for burial? How quickly were you able to have his funeral?

New thought: Thinking again about how an attacker may have been able to abduct Bill the night of his death. According to Wikipedia: Electroshock weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Stun guns first became available in 1969. I wonder how readily available they were by 1979? I know someone in the mid-1980s who bought one from a magazine ad ... I am wondering two things: (1) whether a stun gun would have been effective through Bill's clothing (e.g., if held to his neck through his scarf), and (2) if so, whether the clothing would have prevented the gun from marking Bill's skin.

I thought that when I first started using WS too (and I used Word dox too). When someone told me that was the fix, I didn't try it right away -- was like meh. But I eventually tried it and it worked. On this site, it keeps you logged in -- and I can stay logged in for weeks at a time.

I've tried it twice now and ended up logged off both times after a few minutes. :( It doesn't like me. wahhhhhhhhhh :crying:

New thought: Thinking again about how an attacker may have been able to abduct Bill the night of his death. According to Wikipedia: Electroshock weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Stun guns first became available in 1969. I wonder how readily available they were by 1979? I know someone in the mid-1980s who bought one from a magazine ad ... I am wondering two things: (1) whether a stun gun would have been effective through Bill's clothing (e.g., if held to his neck through his scarf), and (2) if so, whether the clothing would have prevented the gun from marking Bill's skin.

What you're saying is: if a stengun was used, we have no way of knowing (other than that the coroner did not notice)

:fence:

What you're saying is: if a stengun was used, we have no way of knowing (other than that the coroner did not notice)

What I am saying is that there may be pieces of the puzzle that are missing but may help us imagine how something like this could have occurred. The same way we propose scenarios like being lured from the porch somehow. Could it have occurred without evidence? Or if the evidence was there, could the coroner have missed it at this early point in the history of stun guns? Open Q. Eager for other thoughts.

I hear they leave burn marks. I'd think that would be in the autopsy report.

What I am saying is that there may be pieces of the puzzle that are missing but may help us imagine how something like this could have occurred. The same way we propose scenarios like being lured from the porch somehow. Could it have occurred without evidence? Or if the evidence was there, could the coroner have missed it at this early point in the history of stun guns? Open Q. Eager for other thoughts.

I cannot find the quote right now, but Bob writes in an earlier post that he was standing in front of his own house at night and it occurred to him how EASY it would be to grab someone (him) from that place. Bushes, corners and cars all about. They'd need a few seconds and bingo, they're gone.

Think about that. If you have the upper hand, if the other feels safe at home near mum & dad, if you are hiding in a corner, it is EASY.

What about a rag soaked in ether or chloroform put over his mouth and nose? Although, I'm not sure how long that actually takes to be effective.

I cannot find the quote right now, but Bob writes in an earlier post that he was standing in front of his own house at night and it occurred to him how EASY it would be to grab someone (him) from that place. Bushes, corners and cars all about. They'd need a few seconds and bingo, they're gone.

Think about that. If you have the upper hand, if the other feels safe at home near mum & dad, if you are hiding in a corner, it is EASY.

Yes, that's a possibility too.

What about a rag soaked in ether or chloroform put over his mouth and nose? Although, I'm not sure how long that actually takes to be effective.

If they used anything, I think it would have been a bag like the previous times. Fits their MO.

Here's Bob's quote:

Originally Posted by bob6104 View Post
I stood alone last night in my front yard. It was cold, dark, wet. The street was quiet and there were many place of concealment around me in trees and bushes. I could feel how someone could be upon you quickly and overcome you, where even a quick shout would not call out attention from anyone. Bill's neighborhood the houses are close together with people parking along the street. A random car could be unnoticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28