OJ Simpson dead at 76, after short battle with prostate cancer

You posted this, or a similar link before. Since then the executor has said that he will indeed pay to the Goldman family: O.J. Simpson’s Lawyer Reverses Opinion on Payments to Goldman Family (Exclusive)

You posted this, or a similar link before. Since then the executor has said that he will indeed pay to the Goldman family: O.J. Simpson’s Lawyer Reverses Opinion on Payments to Goldman Family (Exclusive)
He has to say that. Nevada law determines payment from the estate to the Goldman and Brown families, whether he likes it or not. If he doesn't like Fred Goldman's comments, too bad. The Goldman and Brown families haven't done anything wrong.

ETA: I have to say I find it deeply offensive that he or anyone would try to criticize the victims' families and friends.

Last edited:
Yeah -- I am as worried that something funny is up as you are, mate. Something strange is going on but - what? And, why?
Not everyone is okay with their bodies being used for research purposes, and that is okay. That is why we or our families have to consent to organ donation or bodies being donated for medical research after death.

And just because a person talked about maybe having CTE or was suspected to have CTE does not obligate them to donate after they have died.

I applaud those people and their families who are donating to allow researchers to better understand this condition, but in no way have a problem with anyone or their families choosing not to. Regardless of what they did or didn't do in their life.

This isn't about OJ, this is about body autonomy, and we all get the right to say no.

MOO

Not everyone is okay with their bodies being used for research purposes, and that is okay. That is why we or our families have to consent to organ donation or bodies being donated for medical research after death.

And just because a person talked about maybe having CTE or was suspected to have CTE does not obligate them to donate after they have died.

I applaud those people and their families who are donating to allow researchers to better understand this condition, but in no way have a problem with anyone or their families choosing not to. Regardless of what they did or didn't do in their life.

This isn't about OJ, this is about body autonomy, and we all get the right to say no.

MOO
I was speaking specifically about Oj. He mentioned in an interview “it’s my CTE acting up” when he couldn’t remember something.If I assumed and feared I had a degenerative brain issue I would be tested. The only way to diagnose it is after we are deceased.
I, like others, suspect the family is fearful of something else.
I respect everyone’s choices for themselves, and have no problem with people who have a different opinion.

The problem is that often people agree to organ donation but the family (or the husband -- there's a Public Information Film or PSA not long ago using that aspect) unethically/immorally prevent it after the person's death.

OJ was found not guilty + is considered a victim.
The article explains why the jurors found OJ to be "not guilty." It was payback for the Rodney King incident.

In 1997, a civil jury found Simpson liable for wrongful death in the double murder. Simpson was ordered to pay $33.5 million in damages to the Brown and Goldman families. To date, the families have received very little from OJ. Perhaps, they can now get some kind of justice from his estate.

JMO.

Fascinating interview - Thanks for posting. I thought I was very familiar with this case/crime, but this really shed some light on some important elements that I was previously unaware of. Some observations:

- Kato was a lot more forthright here about the case/perp./evidence than he was in the trial itself - for obvious reasons.

-Interesting that TL stated that he felt it was a mistake to televise the trial. I completely agree.

-The investigation/handling of the evidence & the fact that there was a lot of evidence that should have been (but wasn't) shown during the trial was obviously very problematic for the prosecution.

To follow-up on the interview(s) in post #174:

Not to be crass, but the reality is that a good # of individuals involved (even if they were just on the periphery) made bank & become somewhat famous/infamous as a result of their association with this horrific case/trial. This was obviously via TV shows & TV deals/Talk show appearances/book deals/etc. I.e., if not for this case - no one would ever have heard of most/all of these people.

Side-note: I did not know that TL was also an investigator on the horrific & infamous "Wonderland" L.A. 1981 murder case. This is not nearly as well-known as the O.J. case, but is still very disturbing & fascinating none-the-less. Going along with this, there is a moderately well-known & definitely well done 2003 film based on this case - starring Val Kilmer.

Fascinating interview - Thanks for posting. I thought I was very familiar with this case/crime, but this really shed some light on some important elements that I was previously unaware of. Some observations:

- Kato was a lot more forthright here about the case/perp./evidence than he was in the trial itself - for obvious reasons.

-Interesting that TL stated that he felt it was a mistake to televise the trial. I completely agree.

-The investigation/handling of the evidence & the fact that there was a lot of evidence that should have been (but wasn't) shown during the trial was obviously very problematic for the prosecution.
It was a very interesting interview!

It's the unwillingness of people in "the real world", especially activists, to now turn on the jurors for deciding to let OJ walk purely because of Rodney King that both irritates and angers me - the optics of allowing these jurors to escape punishment --- well, yes.

Sad that he will never know who the real killer(s) was.
All the physical evidence and DV history speaks for itself. OJ Simpson committed these crimes, but it's what you can prove in a court of law. Police botched the investigation which ultimately resulted in his acquittal. He was civilly sued and found liable as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back