Found Deceased OK - Amanda Harms, 46, school teacher, last seen walking 44th & Denison, Muskogee, 13 Jan 2024

It was in a MSM link in one of the earlier posts but more detail in this more recent one where LE verified when and the time and date the husband last saw her and reported her missing (about halfway down the page). Muskogee Police find missing woman dead.
The only date I'm seeing is when the husband notified the school district that she was missing. In his e-mail to them he said that he had notified the police and a detective was investigating. She went missing on Saturday night. The schools were closed on Sunday, and closed on Monday for the MLK holiday. Her husband notified them on Tuesday that she was missing. I don't see anything indicating when he notified the police, but I assume it was long before his e-mail to the school.

The only date I'm seeing is when the husband notified the school district that she was missing. In his e-mail to them he said that he had notified the police and a detective was investigating. She went missing on Saturday night. The schools were closed on Sunday, and closed on Monday for the MLK holiday. Her husband notified them on Tuesday that she was missing. I don't see anything indicating when he notified the police, but I assume it was long before his e-mail to the school.
I understand better what you are looking for now, the MSM linked had the statement that her husband contacted the police but it wasn't specific as to exactly when, which is what you were seeking information on. I did some a little more checking this afternoon and couldn't find that information anywhere. I'm glad they have found her for the sake of closure. It has to be so difficult for her family.

"We do know... at the end of her life she was desperately trying to get somebody to let her come into a house so she could get warm, but they would not answer the door."

"The distance between Harms's home and the yard she was found in was about 3 miles. They speculated that there was no way she had walked that distance, and learned today that the police did have footage of her getting a ride from someone."

Last edited:
"We do know... at the end of her life she was desperately trying to get somebody to let her come into a house so she could get warm, but they would not answer the door."

"The distance between Harms's home and the yard she was found in was about 3 miles. They speculated that there was no way she had walked that distance, and learned today that the police did have footage of her getting a ride from someone."

Such a sad ending :(

I feel like there's more to this story. The day before Mandi went missing was beautiful and got above 60 degrees. My kids were outside playing in Tee shirts. But overnight, the cold front arrived and the temps dropped down into the teens with sub zero wind chill factors. We didn't get above freezing for several days. Unless you are in the downtown parts of these towns in Oklahoma, there are rarely even sidewalks to use. We put blankets up over windows and doors just to help keep the heat in and avoid freezing drafts. I just can't see for the life of me why she would go walk anywhere in these temps to begin with. I feel like something upset her in the first place to even go out in that cold. The winds were heavy and harsh. She would have known as soon as she stepped outside it's too cold for walking. Just really confused.

Last edited:
Cause of death results are in and sadly, what I expected. No trauma, no sexual assault, she was fully clothed and was NOT in a shed as the media reported but in a backyard by a fence. Hypothermia was NOT the cause of death. In her system - Alcohol and Benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines are depressants,the most common prescription drugs such as Valium®, Xanax®, Halcion®, Ativan®, and Klonopi. Muskogee Police release updates on missing woman's cause of death

I do some volunteer work in the AA/Al Anon community as alcoholism runs in my biological family, so I know too well how easy it is to fall into this spiral and the dangers during addiction and even into the recovery process.. Here is a good article that explains benzods and alcohol dangers.

Rest in Peace Amanda.

January 29, 2024 News Story - "Amanda Harms' body has been recovered and buried, her family is still missing answers."
(OSBI=The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is an independent state law enforcement agency of the government of Oklahoma)

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

The YT channel Law&Crime Network interviewed Harms's mother.

Last edited by a moderator:

MUSKOGEE, Okla. — A vigil was held on Monday evening by family, friends and supporters of a Muskogee teacher found dead after going missing in freezing temperatures in January.

Police don't think Amanda Harms' death is suspicious, but her family said they have unanswered questions.

“She's not just a case, she's a person, her life mattered and we want more awareness. We want to know how the injuries happened to Mandi. We want to know how she wound up where she was at,” said Gena Stiger, family friend.

FOX23 has requested the medical examiner's report into Harms’ death and will provide updates once it’s released.

Harms’ family said they're thinking about getting their own autopsy done.

“We're not going to give up until we get answers. We're not giving up, we love Mandi,” Townsend said.

What does Amanda’s family feel happened to her? They think she was murdered?
People generally want to look for people or things to blame when bad stuff happens to them or their loved ones. I don't mean to sound harsh but I think it's a case of a family (understandably) just not wanting to accept their loved one died to mistakes they made.

It's not impossible she was harmed by another person that night but as it stands now it seems like she just wandered out into the winter elements while under the influence. Some of the injuries could come back as having occurred prior to that night, depending. They say "injuries" but we don't really know what that means. Did she have a newly fractured wrist or a bruised knee?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back