GUILTY OK - Angel Gilbreath, 27, stabbed to death, Elk City, 21 June 2009

According to the elk city police dept, it is NOT candace watson.
I was told this over the phone by a detective who said they had "looked into it" and determined it was not her.
HTH
Thanks for calling them, Mistivon! Great job! I am relieved to know it isn't Candace and they have been found.

She is someone's loved one and it will be a sad end for them. I hope they figure out very soon who she is and are able to bring justice to her. Bless her heart and her family's.

We need to keep looking for the needle in the haystack here. It sounds like she wasn't missing long enough to warrant a report if she was a local woman. Probably a domestic situation, too.

You can start a thread for him in the missing section. :) We will join you there.

I have been trying to find this thread all day...is there a link....from what I understand her dad was involved in a drug deal....let me know if there is anything I can do. I can go to the gravesites....willing to help

I have been trying to find this thread all day...is there a link....from what I understand her dad was involved in a drug deal....let me know if there is anything I can do. I can go to the gravesites....willing to help

There is not one yet. I sent an e-mail to my step mother today to get some of the specifics so that there would actually be something on the thread to work with.

I really appreciate folks' interest in this & I will start a thread -- probably tomorrow after I hear back from my step mother.

Thanks for asking about my father (Kimster & Waltingmatilda, too). No, there is not a thread. It's kind of a long story & he was not the kind of guy the FBI or McAlester police really wanted to find. I think they were more glad of his disappearance. It was 16 year ago this summer that he disappeared, on probably a drug deal gone bad. Had some leads at the time, but nothing that anyone spent any real time tracking & I don't know if I could even put a trail of info together any more.

Can you try...this is my turf...and have some contacts if i just have a little info

kim....we seem to keep bumping heads....maybe that is a good thing...I luv you girl

There is not one yet. I sent an e-mail to my step mother today to get some of the specifics so that there would actually be something on the thread to work with.

I really appreciate folks' interest in this & I will start a thread -- probably tomorrow after I hear back from my step mother.

Can't wait!!!!

Can't wait!!!!

OK guys. Here you go.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85689"]Daniel W. Cacy, Jr. - Missing since July 93 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Again, thanks to those who have asked!
And, again, I apologize for accidentally taking away from the topic of this thread.

I hope this woman's family is able to find resolution!

ELK CITY, Okla. -- Police in Elk City have identified a woman pulled from a local lake on Monday.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents used fingerprints to identify Angel Love Gilbreath, 27, of Elk City.

The state medical examiner ruled Gilbreath's death a homicide from multiple stab wounds.

http://www.koco.com/news/19859751/detail.html

RIP Angel. Hope they find your killer soon.

Does anyone have any new information on the murder of Angel Gilbreath? We down here in Tx can only find things out online and i cant seem to find any updates. It is very frustrating to hear that someone close to you has been murdered and your to far away to do anything!! So if anyone has a new information please post it.
RIP Angel 6/21/09

I am sorry for your loss, Txgirl~ I haven't seen anything in the news about the case so there is nothing much for us to go on.

If you knew her then perhaps you could fill us in on some details about her life which would be very helpful since we aren't getting any information at all.

I had not seen Angel in a couple of years cuz we were so far apart. I am an aunt to her first 2 children. We had not even heard from her in a while. Angel had her faults but she didnt deserved this!! She was a wonderful person that was full of life!! She had some rough times in her life. Her mom passed away when she was young. (I think she was only 30 something when she passed) Angel had just lost her dad a few years back. I just hope they catch the person responsible for her death!! She will be greatly missed by many! Her 3 wonderful children have to grow up only knowing their mother by pictures.
RIP Angel 6/21/09

I cannot believe they haven't made an arrest in this case yet! They've had a POI since Angel was ID'd. WTH?

Elk City police officers arrested 26-year-old Lucas Lynn Wells, Elk City, Thursday afternoon for the June stabbing death of Angel Love Gilbreath.
Police arrested Wells at his residence shortly after 5 p.m., and he was taken into custody without incident.
Wells will be arraigned Tuesday morning at 8:30 on one count of first-degree murder.
Detectives say that Wells was arrested after lab test results proved that he was at the scene. Wells was Gilbreath's live-in boyfriend, and the two had a four-month-old child together at the time of the crime, according to police.
Wells was booked at Elk City Police Dept. and is now in custody at the Beckham County Detention Facility.

http://www.elkcitian.com/wellsl.html

:furious: Now their 4-month-old baby has no parents. Way to go loser...

From August 2010:

http://kecofm.com/Local News/localnews.htm

Twenty-seven-year-old Lucas Lynn Wells of Elk City pleaded no-contest in Beckham County District Court today in the June 2009 stabbing death of his live-in girlfriend, Angel Gilbreath.

Wells was sentenced to serve life in prison with the possibility of parole.

Assistant District Attorney Mike Abel says with the no-contest plea, Wells can request a parole hearing after he’s served 38 years and 3 months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back